Can your SO access your phone?

Options
So_Much_Fab
So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
Last week on a morning radio show a guy called in because he suspected something was up with his wife of 3 years. Apparently she was always talking and texting, often late at night, but claimed it was for work (I never caught what she did). He wasn't buying it.

Both he and the wife were on the phone with the show host at the same time, both were at home.

So the show host asks the wife if she was willing to give her husband the code for her phone right then and there and let him look in it. She started stammering immediately. When her husband was asked the same thing, he was like "sure, no problem".

Ultimately, she refused to let the husband look in her phone.

So, if you lock your phone, does your SO have access to it? If not...why?

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Yep. My wife can even see my Internet history. *gasp*
  • jferg70
    jferg70 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I don't lock my phone...I'd probably forget the access code then even I wouldn't have access to it. ;)
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Oh this is going to be amazing
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Yup, I have nothing to hide. I know my wife's and I assume she doesn't have anything to hide. I don't check her phone though, I don't have any reasons too
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    My phone is locked, but i'm also single. Hmmm, maybe that's why? lol
  • SoManyCookies
    SoManyCookies Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Although he'd probably never ask
  • emily889
    emily889 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I would let them have access to it. I was in a relationship for 6 years where his phone was always locked and I wasn't allowed to use it to even make a call.....idk how many girlfriends he ended up having lmao
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Mine can access, nothing to hide.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I don't lock my phone...I'd probably forget the access code then even I wouldn't have access to it. ;)

I lock mine for the same reason I lock my computers. Work. Sensitive data, and root access to servers....that kind of stuff.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    It's locked (i don't trust my roommate to not snoop lol) but I've dialed the 4 digit code enough in front of him that he knows it. I have access on his tablet and computer, but those aren't locked so he can see what I'm looking at if he wants.

I don't know any of his, but he's an open person and I have nothing to suspect.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Can your SO access your phone?

Not since the divorce.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Yep... no code or anything. If you are in a relationship you shouldn't have anything to hide/secrets from your SO. Unless you're planning a secret surpise party or something and you don't want your SO to see emails regarding it or something like that.... you shouldn't be doing or talking to anyone you wouldn't want your SO knowing about. Secrets eventually come out... its better not to have any.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    they can go ahead if they want, but it goes to show how much trust they have for me if they feel the need to go through my texts
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    My husband locked his phone, kept it on him while sleeping/showering/walkinganywhereawayfrommeforanyamountoftime. He forgot once, and I checked his phone to see if he had some pictures I had wanted upload to Facebook. Nope, entire folders of nudes and calls from his ex girlfriend. We are now going through a divorce.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    When I am at home, my phone is unlocked and can be accessed by my wife or child. Hers is unlocked too.

Even if it is locked (which i have to do for work sometimes because of sensitive info) she knows the code.

ETA: neither one of us has felt the need to dig through each other's phones, though.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Oh this is going to be amazing

Why do you say that? It's just a simple question.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I don't let anyone on my phone.
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Yes........ If you don't allow you done ****ed up.