Can your SO access your phone?

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    We can access each others phones... and I have no problem with it... the only reason why I have a code on it in the first place is to keep toddler hands and nosy superior's hands off my phone...

However, we don't go snooping into each others phones because we don't have any reason to.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I have a lock to keep the kids out. I'm not sure if he even knows it's locked though, we have never discussed it. Often if I see something funny online, I have no problem handing him my phone to see it.
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    Re: the whole locking your phone - it depends on what you do on it. If you use it for internet banking/online shopping etc and have your cards stored online it's probably best some randomer didn't get access to it.
    That's why mine is locked.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I don't lock my phone, and my husband is free to look at it any time but he probably wouldn't...he has no reason to.

I have no idea if my husband locks his...I am seriously the only person he ever communicates with via phone.

We don't even own smartphones though. We are so uninterested...

When you have kids they will want smartphones....You will want to know all about them to keep them in check.
  • Cudleigh
    Cudleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My ex always wanted to go through my phone/Facebook, said he wanted to talk to my friends or something. But then I was absolutely not allowed to go through his because "that's personal".

Yeah. That relationship lasted long.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    My ex didn't know how Photo Stream worked. I didn't need his phone; all the pictures of his woman friend were on our iPad.

Oh the idiocity is making me laugh...
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm single (obviously) so I don't have that problem.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I do lock on my phone, but my code is my birthday and I'd gladly give my husband access to it. However, the whole "I think you're cheating on me, so let me go through your phone" thing would never happen with this girl - if you don't trust the person you're with, you shouldn't be with them. My husband has never asked to go through my phone and I've never asked to go through his. Because we trust each other.
  • Junken__Diraffe
    Options
    I already show him the nudes I get from guys (knowwhatimsayin, Matt?). I tell him about the dirty messages from guys and girls. I show him my tinder matches. I send him my own dirty pics. I tell him about my Facebook messages. If he wants to check it, it'll be old news, but I'd let him.
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    No. I think it is super weird to have access to the phone of a SO. No one needs to see my personal conversations with friends and family. I guess it's the only child syndrome coming out in me? If they need to use it for some specific or may e for the day or something, I am ok with that. However, just randomly snooping through it would infuriate me. Very disrespectful.

I think it depends on how the other person feels about it.

I snoop through my bf's phone and he snoops through mine. Neither of us expects to find anything so we're not doing it because we're suspicious of the other person (believe me, we've been together 7 years, there is a mountain of trust between us). It's just out of curiosity. We're separated during the work day so I'm just interested in how his day went, who he's been chatting with, etc. It's never in a malicious fashion.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Yep. My wife can even see my Internet history. *gasp*

Yep, I literally see my husband Internet history, as his computer screen is in my direct line of sight. Seriously, husband? Do you REALLY have to watch another season of "Scrubs" or "Friends" and play another round of League of Legends?:laugh: We're VERY boring people on the internet.:laugh:

ETA: Actually, it's my teenager I'm more worried about. He has Asperger's, and has a "girlfriend" in Australia he Skypes with. Sigh, I had to have many conversations about "catfish" with that boy. He sort of gets it...
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I would bake my husband a pan of brownies if he could even figure out how to find my messages and pictures on my phone. :laugh:

Neither of us have anything to hide. :smile:
  • mysmileighs
    mysmileighs Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    We both have locks on our phones (for security reasons if it ever lost or stolen)... But we have the same passcode.

We do the same thing. :drinker:
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hell no! It's none of his business.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    For the record, I keep mine locked but my boyfriend has the code. He simply doesn't lock his.

Neither of us would snoop in the others' phone despite having full access - that's not how we roll.
  • TheHeathBar
    TheHeathBar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We don't lock our phones so yes he could, but I don't think he ever would without asking me first. My boyfriend hates his phone and literally never answers it for anyone so there is nothing to see there anyway, but I wouldn't snoop without asking either even though technically I could.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    He could if he wants to, he knows the code.

As far as I know he hasn't gone snooping through my texts (I think I'd be a little annoyed if he had - shows a lack of trust) but he's used it to look stuff up or answer my calls while we're in the car and I'm driving, or to film my lifts/PR's when at competitions or the gym. Don't care, got nothing to hide.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    She sure can, and often uses it.

even If i did have an access code - she would have the code.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Phone doesn't lock.. Neither does his. Don't see the reason why we would need to lock them.

I've locked my phone in case I lose it or someone steals it so they can't access information.