Can your SO access your phone?

Options

Replies

• heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how the other person feels about it.

I snoop through my bf's phone and he snoops through mine. Neither of us expects to find anything so we're not doing it because we're suspicious of the other person (believe me, we've been together 7 years, there is a mountain of trust between us). It's just out of curiosity. We're separated during the work day so I'm just interested in how his day went, who he's been chatting with, etc. It's never in a malicious fashion.

i always wanna know how my wife's day went too.

so i ask her, and then we have a conversation about our days.

weird.

Geez that is weird. Imagine actually talking to your SO .

Hehe

Hubby works in Angola , we are separated for months, and catch up by way of conversation as well
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    nexusae0_pic.gif

This is freaking awesome.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Um yes... and I can his... *shrug* What's the big deal?
  • ShannonS921
    ShannonS921 Posts: 194
    Options
    Of course. So can my kids. Of course, I grew up with a rotary phone on a party line: we knew the neighbor was getting a divorce before her husband knew....

This made me crack up! We also had a rotary phone on a party line...but it sounds like your neighbors were WAY more interesting than ours!!
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Neither of us lock our phones, so yes.
  • triciabh1
    triciabh1 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to hide and my husband can look on my phone at anytime.
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hell no! It's none of his business.

which part?

All of it. I'm not married and I just don't see why I should have to give up my privacy. Private conversations between friends and family don't need to out in the open.
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

Nothing to hide, nothing for your partner to feel they have the right to check for in the first place.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    nexusae0_pic.gif

This is freaking awesome.

I just spit out my coffee!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yup. at first I be all like,
    tumblr_lz7vv9CsWB1r5r8duo1_500.gif

and then she be all like,
    thatssotrue_10738_1336942898.gif

and then I be all like,
    sole.gif

and then I give it to her and she sees that the only noodz I been gettin is from DerpDiggler and she don't even care because then we both be all like.
    friday-damn-gif.gif

WINNER!

Awesome.gif
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I don't lock my phone, but even if I did I'd let my boyfriend have access to it. No reason not to. I trust him, and he trust me. I logged into facebook on his phone once about 6 months ago and forgot to log out so he gets a notification anytime I get a message on there and if i'm at work he'll text me what it says. Neither of us have anything to hide so it's not a big deal.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    We both have passcodes on our phones, but I know his & he knows mine.

Of course, now I'm frantically cleaning out the nonsense on my phone...I wouldn't want him (or anyone) to see my Google history....then he would know what an idiot I am!!!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Sure thing. I will give her the passcode to my phone AND my Keepsafe to browse my spank bank.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My cell phone contains confidential work data, and corporate policy is that it must be locked. In fact, if I tried to take the lock off, the management software would take a conniption fit and probably wipe the phone, or at least cut off my access to the corporate network. If I give out the password, and work found out, then I could be disciplined up to and including termination. Frankly, it's not worth the risk, no matter how miniscule.

So no, my SO can't access my phone.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Mine is passworded and the my network administrator has access to all my passwords for all my accounts and electronic devices... I mean my husband. *nods*
  • Nojoke81
    Nojoke81 Posts: 131
    Options
    No way. It's MY phone. If she feels the need to check up on me or my email or whatever, then she can hit the bricks.

I have nothing to hide but I'm not giving up my right to privacy.

^ A lot of trust you have built there. You're obviously hiding something.

In. For more of these.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I think I misinterpreted this thread because a lot of the answers have the word "snooping" in them. When I answer my husbands phone or check out a text I hear I'm not snooping I am doing it because he left his phone upstairs and he might need to know who's trying to contact him. Also I do a lot of texting/calling for him when he's driving and vice versa.

When he checks out my texts and responds he's not snooping it's because he hears my phone going off, knows who it is by the ring tone and answers for me.

If you're "snooping" in your SO's phone, internet browser etc. then there are serious trust issues. If you go on your SO's phone, internet etc. because you need to use it, you just happened to answer it etc.that's completely different.

I trust my husband. He trusts me. There is no reason to snoop and no reason to NOT have access to each others phones.
  • CoachBennysammysofie
    Options
    If u suspect something you'll want access. If u don't suspect or don't care u won't want access.
    If I'm doing something wrong I won't give pass code. If Im not doing anything wrong I won't.
    But I don't have an SO anymore so it's all good!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Sure, yeah, it's not locked. I found pictures of naked ladies on his phone.... Probably because he showed them to me.