Can your SO access your phone?

Options

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I don't lock it, and he has access to it. Does he look? Probably not. Do I look at his? Nope. No need to.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I have nothing to hide from my husband and vice versa.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    My husband and I know the codes for the locks, but rarely use each others phones unless it's for GPS or checking something like an event page while we're on the road to remember the address. Derp.

I do have wicked anxiety stemming from an affair though, which made me paranoid about his phone usage. Even with time, I still worry whenever he takes his phone with him to the bathroom when we're out or when he smiles at something on the screen when he's checking it... /shrugs
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Yep. My wife can even see my Internet history. *gasp*
    love.gif
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Oh this is going to be amazing

Why do you say that? It's just a simple question.

It's a simple question that is going to open up a can of insecurity and crazy
  • feydevilwoman
    feydevilwoman Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I lock my phone. Should I ever lose it... Don't want some random weirdo in it, yanno? But if my SO would want to see my phone it wouldn't be a problem.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Yes........ If you don't allow you done ****ed up.

Yes, yes... this is what we've been waiting for.
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of people think that it's strange or that I shouldn't just let my boyfriend look at my phone, or vice versa, but I don't understand what the big deal is.

I'm not cheating on him, him and I both know what we do on our phones, so what's so wrong with us looking at each other's once in a while? It's not like we have anything to hide.

I don't need my own "personal space" like that because I actually like him and trust him and I'm open with him. I don't think what I do on my phone needs to be my little secret.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    My ex didn't know how Photo Stream worked. I didn't need his phone; all the pictures of his woman friend were on our iPad.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    My ex didn't know how Photo Stream worked. I didn't need his phone; all the pictures of his woman friend were on our iPad.

Boom!
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    No way. It's MY phone. If she feels the need to check up on me or my email or whatever, then she can hit the bricks.

I have nothing to hide but I'm not giving up my right to privacy.
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    if i were dating someone with a desperate need to get into my data history or grill me about why i've been spending so much time browsing baddragon.com i'd probably consider finding a partner who didn't have trust issues. luckily i'm not. :wink:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    No way. It's MY phone. If she feels the need to check up on me or my email or whatever, then she can hit the bricks.

I have nothing to hide but I'm not giving up my right to privacy.

^ A lot of trust you have built there. You're obviously hiding something.
  • CitizenXVIII
    CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My phone is never off my person unless I'm home, so I have no reason to lock it. My wife and I grab each others phones all the time to take pictures or look something up. We'll often relay texts to each other if one of us is closer to the other's phone. I wouldn't trust someone who kept a device off-limits to friends or family. If a friend asks to use my phone, I never worry that they are going to go snooping through my message history, they can trust me not to do the same.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don't lock my phone, and my husband is free to look at it any time but he probably wouldn't...he has no reason to.

I have no idea if my husband locks his...I am seriously the only person he ever communicates with via phone.

We don't even own smartphones though. We are so uninterested...
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If he wants to, but really he'd be bored.
  • alicia0412
    alicia0412 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I don't lock my phone, but my SO and I both respect each other enough to not look through each other's stuff. I think people do have a right to privacy, even in a relationship.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Phone doesn't lock.. Neither does his. Don't see the reason why we would need to lock them.
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    a) If you have nothing to hide so why shouldn't they have access.
    b) They should trust you and not need to have access.

Take your pick.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    No. I think it is super weird to have access to the phone of a SO. No one needs to see my personal conversations with friends and family. I guess it's the only child syndrome coming out in me? If they need to use it for some specific or may e for the day or something, I am ok with that. However, just randomly snooping through it would infuriate me. Very disrespectful.