Quick Poll: Do you.....

Options

Replies

• elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I don't anymore so pissed with lazy people doing the same. If I am left with the cart I'll put it back. But if I'm with someone else I just tell them to leave it there.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    ^ that seems rather hypercritical.

No good complaining about other people being lazy not doing something if you don't do it yourself
  • SeptemberLondon
    SeptemberLondon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, I put it back. Though there have been times... Torrential downpour, running late for work, etc, that I haven't.

I do always try to grab one left in the parking lot on my way into the store. Some people just believe that others are put here to wait on them. I like to think that the less money & time the store spends on returning carts, the less they'll hike up my prices!
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I don't like to be a nazi about it. I don't really care the other carts are out and don't give the evil eye to anyone who i see leaving theirs behind because i have more important things to accomplish on top of putting mine away yeah i don't care. But it is rude. to you who say you are unable to medically i don't really have remorse and yeah say it, go ahead: I'm a hater so what. Because just cause u can do it is enough reason for anyone else to be negligent about it because of their "issues" but of a diff. sort-so what.
    Your in a public zone and be respectful to those around you whether your able or not. If disabled people can have the rights to work and drive well they have the right to put their carts away:)
    Yeah people do lie sorry i don't agree with you. And i think I may left mine out once or twice in the last year -and I had a heck of a day at work at home and sick all at once. I literally put mine away-rain snow shine and in sickness and when feeling totally amazing. Unless its 6 inches of snow and a level 2 is about to be issued and no one can get their carts through the lot to their car let alone to the coral. Then I just try my very best and if i can carry them bags of groceries i will because hey I used to carry 5 paper bags and more when i was only 9 years old all the time so I'm grateful for my transportation and you know what> it is probably why i don't really give a rats tail if i see a load of them hanging around everywhere-i got a car=). Hey Im very grateful to even have my life so i put them away and try to lead by example. I don't want a dent in my car because someone who is so medically disabled or is helping those who are medically disabled can leave their cart in the lot. And then the wind decides to rush it into someones car. never happened feel bad to those who had have that happened but yeah i believe a lot of people leave theirs out more than they say they do no doubt about it. So don't say they dont. Lying~ it happens ALOT. Its a pet pieve of mine so I'm going to be passionate about it- sue me why don't you. I am bitter because i can't stand people saying people don't lie when they do. In a perfect world no one lies. Anyways. Like I said yeah its an issue-will i start a fight or stress over it when it faces me? noway. I am moving on but for topic purposes yeah its a problem and a lot of people do it more than they admit to it and I know a lot can agree with me and rant over:) I guess Im bold about this because I have a clear conscience about these issues?:) Yeah I do:) *shrugs shoulders*
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    """""I don't think people are lying - I just think those who don't put them back are not posting to say so.

At any rate, I am not lying - I do always put mine back. I am able bodied and have no young children and it is easy to do so.

As I said upthread, it is not so easy when you have 2 non walking children or a disability etc and the corral is not close to the car (and LOL at those who say just park next to the corral - good luck in car parks in peak shopping time) and when this was me ( the young children ,not the disability) I sometimes did the best I could and just left it neatly nearby.
    [/quote]""""

:huh: So you used too but now you have done it once or twice due to disabled children. Idk but something is off or not wanting to believe that entirely as I don't have too:). Anyways those who do the most defending are the worst culprits with every excuse in the book on top of it.
    And about the not parking next to the coral during busy times i mean idk if I'm friends with karma and God watches me but i love being next to the coral even though i end up there by mistake its nice to being able to just drop it off. I do remember the corals being full once or twice but usually if I mean if its that busy I end up parking further or somehow I snag one of the first spot the lot offers towards the door which I am always very grateful for those. Like I said I must be doing a good job putting them things away:) even when I'm late i do it-it feels wrong just wrong. I guess i have higher standards regarding the golden rule. For example, even though people won't do unto me as I do unto them I still do it. I still wipe off the gym machines, put the carts away, not litter-not even and not lie even if it gets me in a boat load of trouble. but I'm low key so i don't get into much trouble to lie out of anyways so yeah idk LOL I don't hate you but i think it is very rude. If God blessed us to even have vehicles to help those in need then we have the full responsibility to be respectful even when know else is. I am just as busy as you are and just as tired and full of problems and with too little time in the day and with one bad week after another at the end of the day its still my job and its between me and God that I make sure I do the right thing the very best way i can. AND to those who really do try I mean ok but try harder lol they are carts. It takes not even 5 minutes. Does anyone know how super long even ONE minute can be.
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I always bring it back in or put it in the cart return. I feel so bad if I don't. I HATE pulling into a spot and seeing a cart sitting there. It makes me so angry lol. I'd HATE to be that person.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    No, I don't work there. After my groceries are out of it, it's no longer any of my concern.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Yes - I hate people who don't - they could never be my friends.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    Someone takes the shopping cart biz too seriously.
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Put them away and give anybody that I see just leaving them free to roll into other people's cars a bit of a talking to! Lazy *kitten*! It's not hard and it increases NEAT! Two birds, one stone!
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    usually put them back unless it is pouring rain or deep snow. Definitely always in summer
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I put them up,

Of course it's always fun to smash into them too.
    this! unleash the fury when stashing away that cart

i always do, and if i see a stray on the way to the carty-mabob (i think thats what you call those things they stash them in?) ill grab it too. just seems lazy and inconsiderate to not, even if you have kids, you can just secure them in their seats and take a minute to put it back, most lots will have a few so you never have to go that far
  • DebSM2
    DebSM2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I always put them in a corral or designated place because guilt...

For what it is worth, my MIL who utilizes the handicapped parking spots, leaves her cart near those places because she finds it easier to get into the store with the support of a cart rather than her cane and she figures she is doing someone a favor by leaving a cart close for others in a similar situation. Moot in cases of wheelchairs perhaps...but there is another take on that anyway...

ETA that I have 3 children, 5, 4, and 9 months. I always try to park in a spot close to a cart return even if it is the farthest one from the store and there are dozens of closer spaces just so I don't have to decide to leave kids in car while I return the cart etc. Our grocery has a "tot spot" supervised and secure play area where my olders go and sometimes I leave them there until I have unloaded my cart and returned it, then I go back in for them. Extra walking but that is a good thing, no?
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I do, but there have been few times that I dont. I feel really guilty when I dont.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Make it a game: shove the cart with enough force and accuracy to get in the cart return from 20-30 or more feet away (depending on the cart's feel) and hope that it is just enough to stick it, but not too much so that it rebounds out, or changes direction and you have to go run after it before it hits a car ;)

yup. exactly right.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I push them into people's cars for fun.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one wth OCD about shopping carts! I always bring them back and will sometimes even re-sort the ones in the corral that are of different sizes or straighten out the ones that people just push in sideways. I laugh and shake my head at myself when I do it but I can't help it!!

When I worked retail, it was never a regular job of mine to fetch carts but I did have to help out a few times when the wind was blowing them every which way and there was danger of them going into the road. That just made me hyper aware that it's best to put them back where they belong so nobody's car gets dented.

I kind of like the idea of renting them - it obviously makes people more careful to put the carts back where they belong. Is there any exception or help for people who have their kids with them or people with disabilities?
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Always always always. It pisses me off to no end when people leave their shopping carts all over the parking lot because they are too lazy to put them back where they actually belong. I have a nice dent on my driver's side door because if this. :explode:

Edited for spelling.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Yes. Put it back when you're finished with it. Done.