December Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie! So each month I will use the end of the month weight for my beginning of the month weight.

BTW - I weigh daily. Because I have binge eating issues and have for years, my doctor advised me to weigh daily 6 years ago and that has served me well. I don't do it all the times like if I know I ate high sodium item, I may skip a day but usually I am programmed to do it now. To be honest I believe it helped me stop gaining all my weight back after my surgery. Because I went my whole life without having a scale and was in deep self denial regarding my weight. I never seriousl tried to lose weight until I was 20 and had a hard time finding a job because I was super morbibly obese.

I have learned not to go crazy on gains, especially when I know I did everything right the day before. I know weighing in daily is not for everyone but it is for me. Here is an interesting link on this matter if anyone wants to read it. It is lenghty. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/140567-your-scale-and-you?hl=scale+and+you+mollie#posts-1917865
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi guys haven't progressed as well as I had hoped to do but I'm still happy. Christmas is one of those times that I really let it all go wrong but being part of this weigh in group has kept me focused even if I'm not losing the flip side is I'm not doing the usual gaining !!!
    With the January no more excuses - will we still be weighing in on a Wed ?
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Hi guys haven't progressed as well as I had hoped to do but I'm still happy. Christmas is one of those times that I really let it all go wrong but being part of this weigh in group has kept me focused even if I'm not losing the flip side is I'm not doing the usual gaining !!!
    With the January no more excuses - will we still be weighing in on a Wed ?

The January group will weigh in on saturday Jan 1st and on Sundays the chart will be posted. We would love to have you. The group thread has started, if you type it into the search column it should come up.
  • littlebethy87
    Options
    I know it is a little late, but I wanted to make sure that all my info would be included on the next tally, and will definitely make a point to post tomorrow :)

1st December: 197

8th December: 190.5

15th December: 188.8
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 71kg / 156.5 lbs
    Goal Weight by December 31, 2010: 69 kg / 152 lbs
    Present weight: 70kg / 154lbs

Same as last week. :explode:
  • frubjious
    Options
    Hi, I've got the flu so not been much exercise of late.

01st December 162
    08th December 159.4
    15th December 157.8
    22nd December 157.8

Just relieved I haven't gained.

See you later.
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Good luck with all your weigh ins today. I lost 4lbs this week so super chuffed!

Here are my numbers for this week:

Name: 2Young4This
    1st Dec: 162.6
    8th December 161.2
    15th December 161.4
    22nd December 157.4
    Loss so far in December challenge: 5.2
    Target by 31st December: 155 (so close!!!!)

Huge thank you to Stephanie - not only for the chart and keeping us organised but also for the pep talks. It's really keeping me going. I know I would not have lost this much without this group - so thanks to all of you.

Let's do this! x
  • ironmule2042
    Options
    Weigh-in #3

1st December: 176 lbs.
    8th December: 175 lbs.
    15th December: 173.8 lbs.
    22nd December: 173 lbs.

Target 31st December 170 lbs.

I only lost 0.8 lbs. this week. Uugh. One week to go and it will be the hardest week with Christmas coming this weekend...
  • evelynojedadiaz
    Options
    Last weighin: 149
    12/22: 149 no loss this week :(
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    last weigh in 245
    no change !!!
  • Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Last week: 202.6

12/22: 204 :grumble:

Its no ones fault but my own... One of the hardest things to accept... Well my goal for Christmas week is not to gain weight and if I lose in the process good for me!
  • cel_v2
    cel_v2 Posts: 10
    Options
    I've only lost 0.7 lb this week. I didn't exercise as much as I should have. My only consolation is the small victory of making the right choices at Christmas parties last week and being reasonable. So, will have to work my butt off this week with Christmas coming; I'm so close to my goal and I really want to succeed!

1st December: 270.6 lbs
    8th December: 267.2 lbs
    15th December: 264.4 lbs
    22nd December: 263.7 lbs

Goal weight: 262 lbs

Let's keep it up! :wink:
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    245.2 today. Down 1.1 from last week but still +.7 for the month. Working on it. Congrats to those who lost this week :) Happy Holidays :happy:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Name: Mollie

Dec 1: 369

Dec 8: 368

Dec 15: 369

Dec 22: 365

I lost 4 pounds! I was truely hoping for 5 but I will take the 4, my weekend was not good but it surely could have been worse. I was still very mindful and mentally caculation calories in my head. The host actually had some very good selections.

Well I am going to shoot for 359 by Dec 31st so I can start the new year in the 350's......:-) Then I can change my ticker which I refuse to change back up.:laugh:

Congrats to all weight losers this week!!

Good job everyone!! I feel that this is the toughest season to lose weight. Most gain weight between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day. So just don't give up and keep checking in! We can do this!!

Have a good week everyone!!!:flowerforyou:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Name: Cory

Dec 1: 246.0

Dec 8: 243.8 (-1.2)

Dec 15: 242.9 (-0.9)

Dec 22: 240.0 (-2.9)

Goal: 235 by Dec 31

I doubt I'll lose 5 pounds in 9 days, but I'm going to continue to eat well and exercise and hope for good progress.
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Good job to everyone who is sticking with it! Don't give up if you gained this week. It's all the little baby steps that make a difference.

Name: Tiffany
    Dec 1: 158.6
    Dec 8: 156.4
    Dec 15: 153.8
    Dec 22: 150.8

Goal: 150 by Dec 31

Unless I really mess up, I should be in the 140's by the end of the month! Even if it's just 149.9 :o)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Name: Trenton
    Dec 1: 191.5
    Dec 8: 190
    Dec 15: 193
    Dec 22: 190.5

12/31 Goal Weight: 179.5

Well I've mostly recovered from the badness that was last week.
  • Depplover28
    Options
    Name: Emily
    Dec. 1st: 164.5
    Dec. 8th: 160
    Dec. 15th: 158
    Dec. 22nd: 158
    Goal for Dec. 31st: 156

:/
    I guess maintaining is better than gaining, right?
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Hello everyone! I weighed in today at 218. The “Flat Belly Diet” is truly amazing. I just wanted to say thank you so much for checking in for your Wednesday weigh in. You all have been the best group of people to have in a group. You all always check in, no matter what. You all have helped me so much on my weight loss this month. I have received some great advice on how to post a great chart. I will do that tomorrow, so that way we can give time for the people who haven’t posted yet today.

Littlebethy87, Thank you for posting and updating us.

Vbhoj74, do not get down because your weight has stayed the same, we still have another week and 2 days of weight loss before the new year, you can do it.

Frubjious, congrats on not gaining, and hope you get better soon, the flu sucks.

2young4this, you are 2 lbs away from your goal! I think you will surpass your goal. That’s amazing, keep up the great work!

Ironmule2042, you are 3 lbs away from your goal. You will reach it, keep pushing hard this week.

Evelynojedadiaz, you did not lose this week, but you did not gain this week, and that’s awesome. With the holidays its very
    easy to gain, so celebrate that you did not gain. We still have another week and 2 days you can do it.

Christin09, I know this week has been tough for you, but please keep in mind you have lost 47 lbs so far overall. You can do it. I believe in you.

Cel_v2, you have lost 6.9 pounds this month! Congrats you help all of us to stay motivated on your goals.

Tmthorn0927, you are doing amazing. You are halfway to your overall goal of losing weight, you’re an inspiration.

Mollie, 4 pounds this week! you are doing so well.

Corylda, 6 pounds lost this month! That is awesome, you are so close to your halfway point. Congrats.

Tiffany, we still have a week left, and you have reached your goal already! Major congrats to you.

Dawn, you have lost about 10 pounds this month. Amazing! You’re an inspiration

Trenton, congrats on losing the 3.5 pounds.

Emily, you have 2 lbs left to reach your goal, you can totally reach it by the end of the month.

I am so proud of this group. I truly do not think there is a group out there who has either reached or come so close to reaching their goals in week 3 as this group. I started a group for January called “NO MORE EXCUSES JANUARY, LOSE 10+ lbs” it is under the Motivation section. Everyone is more than welcome to join. If you have 8 lbs to lose and not exactly 10 lbs, come on we would still love to have you. I do not want to exclude anyone who has a few pounds to lose, I just wanted to have a group to really push and help people like myself who have a lot to lose.
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Yikes... I was sick last week and have been dealing with a death in the family this week. But I managed to remember to weigh in:

Dec 1: 133
    Dec 8: 131.2
    Dec 15: n/a
    Dec 22: 130.6