• carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    Starting weigth 316
    12/8 314
    12/15 313
    12/22 312

down 4lbs from start of challenge

I may not make my goal but that's okay, I'm losing and that's whats REALLY important.
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have been sick all week long and I am not working out all. I am afraid if I have pack on more pounds or what but won't be able to get on the scale until the evening....
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Dec 1: 165
    Dec 8: 162
    Dec 15: 160
    Dec. 22 156.6

Goal: 155 by Dec 31st.
  • kri5tin
    Options
    Name: Kristin
    Dec 1: 145
    Dec 8: 143.0
    Dec 15: 143.0
    Dec 22: 142.5

Goal: 139.5
    Overall goal: 135.0
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Forgot to step on the scale this morning...will tomorrow morn.
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie for mentioning everyone. You are doing so well yourself. Keep at it and lead us to greatness! x
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie for mentioning everyone. You are doing so well yourself. Keep at it and lead us to greatness! x

Ditto!! You Rock!!

I have to tell you this is the best weight loss challenge group I have been in so far for sure. I never felt the accountability in the other groups that I feel in this weight loss group. Keep up the good work! It is really inspirational and motivational....:-) I hope those do not mean the same thing? :laugh:
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Ericaroo, Im really sorry for your loss. Were here for you. Congrats on your weight loss.

Carcar63, congrats on your loss. Every pound counts, that's what matters. Keep up the good work.

anna441 and shamrock14 yeah I agree its better to get on the scale in the am. I will post the chart tomorrow afternoon to give you time to weigh in. good luck.

Fit2_T, you are 1.6 pound from your goal. Thats amazing!! your almost there keep pushing.

kri5tin, your doing so good. your almost at the 130's. you can do it. congrats on your success.

2young4this and mollie thank you for the recognition. you all push me to do good. This is the most I have lost in one month!! I am human and there are times I want to say "the hell with exercise" or want to eat bad, but I tell myself no i cant cuz I have a great group of people that I am working along side of to lose weight.

I wanted to say more for each person. Sometimes I can only get on here to quickly comment. My phone is with a different carrier and I dont have MFP on my phone. Im excited to do the chart tomorrow. I really think we as a group have lost over 100 pounds. So many people are either at their goal or so close to it. In the past when I reached a goal I would think it was ok to pig out at "pizza hut." I am hoping that everyone keeps pushing hard this week. I believe that you all will reach your goals. Some of us have set our goal a little high and maybe were not there yet, its ok. Please dont beat yourself up because just realize that you have checked in every week, this is only the stepping stone. Cuz get ready, in January you will reach your goal and don't let anything in this world get in your way of success!!!! :smile:
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Also lol I wanted to just add one more thing. I joined MFP on 9/29/10. I lost some weight in October and in November gained almost all of it back. Last Christmas I weighed about 248 I think. I was completely embarassed at the family get together on Christmas Eve. And to make matters worse, I felt even worse because at the time I thought I could squeeze into my new outift I bought without trying it on in the store. At 248 in a tight sweater, completely miserable, I refused to let anyone photograph me except for one picture of myself with my daughter, which I held her up to block my stomach. I didn't want to eat anything because I felt awful about my size and wanted to leave so badly. I told everyone I ate before I got there so they wouldnt see me eating, to further my embarassment. No one should ever feel that way about themselves, EVER! I really want to say THANK YOU to each and every one of you for joining this December group!!!!! No, im not 145 like I would love to be. But I can truelly say that this year at the family Christmas get together, I will not feel miserable. If I didn't have this group, I really believe I would still be 229. I am proud of the hard work I have done this year. Seeing the scale say 218 this morning I almost cried. I haven't seen the 2-teens in so long. It just really means alot to me that you all joined this group. This is the most I have lost in one month, and a big part of that is because of all of you. Ok, enough with the sob story. I gotta go do my Wii Biggest Loser game. LOL, I got 4 lbs left this month to go to reach my goal! Everyone push yourself this week. If you are having a weak moment, please do not be shy to post, that's what we are here for :smile:
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Stephanie, we may be supporting each other but if you didn't have the will and strength it wouldn't make a difference for you. You're doing great!

I know I am going to sample everything at the Christmas dinner, even dessert but I am going to try to not go too overboard but I'm not going to stress over it because it's time to celebrate with family. I will be exercising a lot on Sunday!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Also lol I wanted to just add one more thing. I joined MFP on 9/29/10. I lost some weight in October and in November gained almost all of it back. Last Christmas I weighed about 248 I think. I was completely embarassed at the family get together on Christmas Eve. And to make matters worse, I felt even worse because at the time I thought I could squeeze into my new outift I bought without trying it on in the store. At 248 in a tight sweater, completely miserable, I refused to let anyone photograph me except for one picture of myself with my daughter, which I held her up to block my stomach. I didn't want to eat anything because I felt awful about my size and wanted to leave so badly. I told everyone I ate before I got there so they wouldnt see me eating, to further my embarassment. No one should ever feel that way about themselves, EVER! I really want to say THANK YOU to each and every one of you for joining this December group!!!!! No, im not 145 like I would love to be. But I can truelly say that this year at the family Christmas get together, I will not feel miserable. If I didn't have this group, I really believe I would still be 229. I am proud of the hard work I have done this year. Seeing the scale say 218 this morning I almost cried. I haven't seen the 2-teens in so long. It just really means alot to me that you all joined this group. This is the most I have lost in one month, and a big part of that is because of all of you. Ok, enough with the sob story. I gotta go do my Wii Biggest Loser game. LOL, I got 4 lbs left this month to go to reach my goal! Everyone push yourself this week. If you are having a weak moment, please do not be shy to post, that's what we are here for :smile:

That is 30 lbs since last year!! Awesome!!

BTW - I am going to try to get that book from the libaray for the diet you are on -- the name escapes me right now. I know it is something flat belly. Is there a way to get the diet without buying the book?
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Its called "The Flat Belly Diet." You eat a MUFA with every meal. Tomorrow I will post some details. I don't have the book with me. It is a 1600 calorie diet. But I modify it to 1200 because thats what im suppose to be eating according to MFP. But yeah the diet promises up to 15 lbs lost in 32 days. Theres something about the combination of the foods that you eat that causes your body to work overtime to burn fat, especially belly fat.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Its called "The Flat Belly Diet." You eat a MUFA with every meal. Tomorrow I will post some details. I don't have the book with me. It is a 1600 calorie diet. But I modify it to 1200 because thats what im suppose to be eating according to MFP. But yeah the diet promises up to 15 lbs lost in 32 days. Theres something about the combination of the foods that you eat that causes your body to work overtime to burn fat, especially belly fat.

Thanks! What is MUFA? Ok, I looked it up already, but others may want to know. It stands for "Monounsaturated Fatty Acid"
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    MUFA is like for example, olive oil, canola oil, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, chocolate morrsells, etc. YES you can eat chocolate on this diet. A sample breakfast would be 2 whole grain waffles, 1/2 cup fruit, and 1/4 cup of chocolate morrsells melted over the waffles. Everything is measured out, the list may be on google too. The most important thing is that my appetite has been reduced a lot, I dont get hungry really any. Prevention mag is who started that diet and if you go to their website they have test panel people who have done the diet. They advertise that some people will lose up to 7 lbs in 96 hours. Its a healthy diet because they never ask you to stop eating fruit or vegtables. And they promote eating lean meat. For me it was easy to start. I did "South Beach Diet" a long time ago, but that initally week was extremely difficult.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    MUFA is like for example, olive oil, canola oil, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, chocolate morrsells, etc. YES you can eat chocolate on this diet. A sample breakfast would be 2 whole grain waffles, 1/2 cup fruit, and 1/4 cup of chocolate morrsells melted over the waffles. Everything is measured out, the list may be on google too. The most important thing is that my appetite has been reduced a lot, I dont get hungry really any. Prevention mag is who started that diet and if you go to their website they have test panel people who have done the diet. They advertise that some people will lose up to 7 lbs in 96 hours. Its a healthy diet because they never ask you to stop eating fruit or vegtables. And they promote eating lean meat. For me it was easy to start. I did "South Beach Diet" a long time ago, but that initally week was extremely difficult.

Thanks! I also like the fact that Prevention is the author of this program because they would not promote a fad type diet -- at least I don't think they would......:-) Meanwhile, it will not hurt me to give it a try it. I want to see if it is something I can do for life. If not I will return the book or keep and see how much of it I can live with. Thanks again!
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Since I was so busy yesterday and couldn't weigh in. I did my weigh in this morning. and have lost 3 pounds since Dec 8, 2010

Nov 29 - 153 lbs

Dec 8 - 151 lbs

Dec 15 - n/a

Dec 23 - 148 lbs

Goal Weight - 145 lbs for EOM Dec

Congratulations to everyone on their weight loss ...
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    wchart1222.jpg

FINALLY this chart posted correctly!!! So as a group we lost a total of 119.03 pounds!!!!! A few people did not weigh in last week and they did not weigh in yesterday, since it was 2 weeks in a row, I removed their name from the chart. If you have any suggestions for the chart please let me know.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Thanks for chart Stephanie!!!:flowerforyou:

Congrats to everyone losing weight this week !!! :flowerforyou: It looks like as a group we hit well over 100 pounds so far!! Keep up the good work!

Maintainers good job!! To maintain a week is awesome too because you did something right for sure and maybe next week the scale will move in the right direction.

Congrats especially to those who gained and checked in anyways!!:drinker: That takes courage and shows you will presevere and keep striving to meet your goals. We are not going to be perfect and especailly this time of year it is definitely a challenge for most. Perfection is not the key here. It is persitance, patience, consistency and being mindful daily of our options and how they relate to our weight loss goals.

YAY FOR US AND THIS AWESOME GROUP! Have a good week all! :heart: :heart:
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    I agree, december is the hardest month of the year to lose weight. With the holidays there is always food around. Good luck everyone this week.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    wchart1222.jpg

FINALLY this chart posted correctly!!! So as a group we lost a total of 119.03 pounds!!!!! A few people did not weigh in last week and they did not weigh in yesterday, since it was 2 weeks in a row, I removed their name from the chart. If you have any suggestions for the chart please let me know.

You are so wonderful! That is awesome dear!