December Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• whitneyrenae
    whitneyrenae Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys that I didn't sign in last Wednesday. I got on the scale and hadn't lost anything at all. I almost gave up. I still have been watching what I eat, just not calorie counting. I worked out today, and only had some chicken and veggies for Christmas dinner. I am back and here to stay. I had been trying really hard for two or three days then quiting for two weeks. And even though I still am not doing perfect... I did very well for three weeks, and then took an only two day break. BIG improvement I might say. Thank you all so much!!! Good luck to everyone. And Happy Holidays.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys that I didn't sign in last Wednesday. I got on the scale and hadn't lost anything at all. I almost gave up. I still have been watching what I eat, just not calorie counting. I worked out today, and only had some chicken and veggies for Christmas dinner. I am back and here to stay. I had been trying really hard for two or three days then quiting for two weeks. And even though I still am not doing perfect... I did very well for three weeks, and then took an only two day break. BIG improvement I might say. Thank you all so much!!! Good luck to everyone. And Happy Holidays.

Good for you Whitney on not giving up!! Consistency not perfection is key!! You will have bad days, bad weeks, etc but you will have good ones too. Find a balance you can live with and we all understand everyone is not going to lose weight every single day or week. Keep up the good work!! Good for you on checking in. Better late than never.....:-)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I did terriable last week! Afraid to even get on the scale so I am going to wait until Wednesday. It is not going to be good. I ate and only workout once since Wednesday. ONCE so far. I am working out today and tomorrow to see what I can do. I am going to they gym tomorrow and doing a DVD in a few minutes!

I have already mentally moved on to 2011, but I will see if I can get back to 365 by Friday and Saturday......:-)

I hope you all had a better week than I did. If not still check in. If I tell you guys this, this will make me bite the bullet Wednesday and Friday.
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Well, I took a couple days break from Christmas Eve and Christmas. I was still trying to watch my portions and how much dessert I ate but I wound up going over each day. I ate too much food both days but it was more regular food that desserts which would usually have been the other way around so that was an improvement. I was planning on working out a bunch on Sunday but I fell asleep about 30 minutes before I was going to work out...then only had time for one workout before I had to walk my dogs. Then it was too late to continue. I am going to workout tonight and tomorrow and hope that I can at least maintain my weight from last week's weigh in.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Last week was crazy. I did jump on the scale this morning and am still hovering so that's good. Should be a decent weigh in this week. Not the loss I was looking for, or any real loss for that matter, but its not a gain either. With the way I've been lately with eating and exercise...I'll take it!
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I tried the new Jillian Michaels' "Shred it with weights" tonight and my heart rate was no where near as high as in the 30 day shred. I also didn't have to stop several times like I do with the 30DS. Has anyone tried it? Does it do anything for you? Maybe tomorrow I'll feel it but I didn't tonight.
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Stephanie - you are an inspiration! I am worried tomorrow will be a gain, but the decisions to eat too much are mine and I can't blame anyone or anything else for a gain.

My husband and I work 2 different shifts and I only see him on the weekends. During the day I do great but at night when I am home alone, I lose all control. If I could control myself, I would be skinny by now!

It is sooooo frustrating.

I want to wear my wedding rings!!!!!!!!
  • tmthorn0927
    Options
    Stephanie - have you measured your belly since you started this diet? I know you are losing weight, but is it in your belly? That is my biggest problem...
  • tmthorn0927
    Options
    I can't find the chart!
  • tmthorn0927
    Options
    Mollie - I did not do too well last week either. My leggings are tight today!! Ugh. I worked out Christmas Eve with my hubby but Christmas day was a no go. We tried to work out Sunday but it was sooooo cold and windy out we did not want to leave the house. We usually walk outside on the weekends. I am trying to be positive but know Wednesday weigh in is going to be a bust.

I am moving on. It is day by day for me :)

Keep your chin up. Take one day at a time.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Thanks Tmthorn097.....:-) Good for you on moving forward. We are not the only ones who did bad last week. Not an excuse but it is what it is and no use wallowing in it. Positive thinking will help us reach our goals and will there. Just never give up! Like you I feel fatter too!

I just had an awesome workout at the gym. Feels great and I plan on making it to the gym the next 3 days also.

Tomorrow! I can't believe I still have not gotten on the scale. I hope I can do it tomorrow.
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    tmthorn097, yeah ive been measuring my stomach. On Dec 1, it was 45 inches. As of last wed it is 38.5 inches. So the "flat belly diet" worked for me. i want to try the 30 day shred dvd. good luck everyone. weigh in is tomorrow.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd check in and say hi! Haven't been regularly conversing with everyone, but hope people's holidays haven't set them back too much! I'm happy to say that it looks like I'll be registering a loss when I weigh in tomorrow. Yay for not going waaaaay overboard - guess all the exercising I've been doing (over 400 minutes last week Mon-Sun, and 60 min last night) is helping. I've started back with my running in preparation for a 10k on May 1st. (I've never done more than a 5k before!)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    tmthorn097, yeah ive been measuring my stomach. On Dec 1, it was 45 inches. As of last wed it is 38.5 inches. So the "flat belly diet" worked for me. i want to try the 30 day shred dvd. good luck everyone. weigh in is tomorrow.

I have the opposite issue - my waist keeps shrinking but the rest of me can't keep up! My waist went from about 45 inches at the beginning of this journey to, at last check, 35.5 inches... and I'm still about 60 pounds overweight! My hips, on the other hand, are only down to 47.5 inches from 54 at the beginning and my chest has lost a puny 1.5 inches (from 51 to 49.5). I know I should feel blessed to have an hourglass shape, but nothing that fits my hips fits my waist and I am TIRED of having to take in the waist on everything! If things go on like this, I am going to have no waist at all and will topple over from my giant boobies when I am done. lol
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

I have the opposite issue - my waist keeps shrinking but the rest of me can't keep up! My waist went from about 45 inches at the beginning of this journey to, at last check, 35.5 inches... and I'm still about 60 pounds overweight! My hips, on the other hand, are only down to 47.5 inches from 54 at the beginning and my chest has lost a puny 1.5 inches (from 51 to 49.5). I know I should feel blessed to have an hourglass shape, but nothing that fits my hips fits my waist and I am TIRED of having to take in the waist on everything! If things go on like this, I am going to have no waist at all and will topple over from my giant boobies when I am done. lol

Cory,
    You are right on the getting everything taken in at the waist. It is not only TIRED, if you are like me it is EXPENSIVE also. I have to always spend another $10 or more buck for alterations on slacks and skirts at the cleaners. I had one dress that I loved, I had it taken it twice already at the waist. When I lose more weight it is going to good will.....:-)
  • CoryIda
    Options

Cory,
    You are right on the getting everything taken in at the waist. It is not only TIRED, if you are like me it is EXPENSIVE also. I have to always spend another $10 or more buck for alterations on slacks and skirts at the cleaners. I had one dress that I loved, I had it taken it twice already at the waist. When I lose more weight it is going to good will.....:-)

Oh, I do mine myself. I am not a great seamstress but I don't have the money to spend on having things taken in so I manage - most people don't really pay attention to the seams of other people's pants, fortunately. :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Cory,

Oh, I do mine myself. I am not a great seamstress but I don't have the money to spend on having things taken in so I manage - most people don't really pay attention to the seams of other people's pants, fortunately. :)

Well I don't have those skills, :grumble: but I do pin up my skirts and slacks for as long as I can get away with it without it being noticed and depends on lenght of my jacket or blouse.....:-)
  • CoryIda
    Options

Cory,

Well I don't have those skills, :grumble: but I do pin up my skirts and slacks for as long as I can get away with it without it being noticed and depends on lenght of my jacket or blouse.....:-)

I wish I could do that but I'm so tall that I usually have to let the hem out and it never looks right because - no matter how much you iron it (I don't even bother usually) - you can still see the crease from where they were to start with.
  • frubjious
    Options
    Hi All,

01st December 162
    08th December 159.4
    15th December 157.8
    22nd December 157.8
    29th December 155.4
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I hope you all had good Christmases. This week might be hard but we are in it for the long term. I didn't really lose but I didn't put on either (and I really should have given what I ate) so I am very happy. Will be back on Friday for the final weigh in of the year.

Name: 2Young4This
    1st Dec: 162.6
    8th December 161.2
    15th December 161.4
    22nd December 157.4
    29th December 157.2
    Loss so far in December challenge: 5.4
    Target by 31st December: 155 (might be out of my reach now)

PS Huge congrats to Frubjious - good loss especially for Christmas!