How much money do you spend on groceries?

Options

Replies

• stevee290
    stevee290 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I live in the Toronto area and easily spend $400-500 on groceries a month for just me.
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wow some people's grocery bill is really reasonable. You must live somewhere cheaper than me! I'm in San Francisco and I spend about $150-$200 per week for my husband and I. Over $300 hen we do our monthly Costco run. This is just food, not other products etc.
  • AAForsyte
    Options
    100-130 dollars every 2 weeks for 3 adults and 2 children. It has taken a long time to get it down to this with meal planning and sale scouring and using leftovers smartly.
  • happyapathy
    Options
    I set my budget at $100, every other week, for two people. Unfortunately I don't always get everything I want to get that way.

This usually only covers basics (milk, eggs, bread) and items I need for dinners that I have planned. Snacks if I'm lucky.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    probably around 80 a week.

2 bags of chicken
    english muffins
    cereal
    milk
    lettuce
    croutons
    shreeded cheese
    rice
    lemons
    salad bites
    salad dressing (cups of light ranch)
    watermelon
    frozen yogurt

maybe some eggs and bacon
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I spend about $200-300 a month for 2 people. I buy mostly store brand stuff, unless national brand is cheaper at the time. I am always checking the weekly adds and use coupons when I can.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    $315 per month on average for 2 people plus my boyfriend eating over a lot.

ETA that does not include household goods or personal care items.
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Havent bothered really tracking how much I spend.

In the end, its still cheaper than buying fast food all the time.
  • alexib
    alexib Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I spend about $50 to $100 every 2 weeks for just myself. I eat mostly fish and it's always on sale where I live so I stock up. Funny I was just telling a friend how I don't really need to buy food for a bit because of that reason. I think my most expensive food item is protein shakes but Sam's sells that at a great price so it's not much of a splurge.
  • Ms_Chai
    Ms_Chai Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    $100 per week for a family of 4. We plan our meals, prep on Sundays, and use up everything. This also includes toiletries, dish soap, detergents, cleaners, etc.
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bethanyliz1
    bethanyliz1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It varies but I spend anywhere from $50-$80 every two weeks for two people, using coupons.
  • tlicttbh
    tlicttbh Posts: 89
    Options
    $400 per month for 3 adults who go to the gym 3x/week each. We could cut back our food budget more if we needed to. I cook quite a bit from scratch.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Live in Florida. $600 a month, that includes everything, for 2 adults, 2 sons, 19 and 16 yrs old.

That does not include eating out, which we do a few times a month.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Single guy but buys anyhing I want, $80 a week.
  • caffeinated_frog
    caffeinated_frog Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Close to $200 a week, for myself and three teenagers. This also includes pet food, and we have a large (80 lb) dog, two cats, two guinea pigs, and other assorted. The dog and cats get the no grain dry kibble as well, so kind of pricey but they are doing well on it.
  • Everburg16
    Everburg16 Posts: 101
    Options
    We spend about $250 every two weeks for 2 adults, but we live in the Toronto area, and it is SUPER expensive. We buy enough meat for the 2 of us to eat one piece each night until the next paycheck (we get the discounted meat and freeze it), and we buy discounted bread and freeze that too. The only thing we buy organic is bananas, because they are only $.20 more a lb. LOL

I also plan our meals, buy what's on sale, check all the flyers, price-match at the store and use what few coupons I can get, and it STILL costs $250/2wks. Coming from Ohio, that was a bit of sticker shock. :noway:
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Approx $250 per week for 2 adults and 2 kids..includes toiletries, laundry soap. I live in southern Ontario.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Oh boy...I probably spend about 100-150 a week on food. Small organic grocery store in NYC. It's making me broke. Have to walk my *kitten* up to the Whole Foods instead soon.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    That is a tricky one if I go shopping by myself about $200 but if the hubby comes with me its between $350-$400 a week he is slowly starting to learn to either let me do the shopping if he is with me or stay at home so I can do it by myself it always ends up more when he is with me