How much money do you spend on groceries?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I hope you are joking about $50 burger :noway:

Have you ever been to Disney World? :laugh:
  • xixshaiyaxix
    xixshaiyaxix Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Very similar to me and my husband. I do wish I cold get more into meal-planning ahead of time, we always kinda just wing-it but that leads so sometimes not the best choices.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I spend an exorbitant amount on food.

Before we lived together, I lived off of about $35 a week; I was a student, I rarely ate out and I ate meat sparingly which was a mixture of it being too expensive for my budget and just not liking a lot of meat.

Now he spends $600 a month at the grocery store, and I spend roughly $200 which is for the nights we eat out. Since I'd rather spend $35-50 and have us get meals we enjoy rather than fast food, I always go through mine. Worst part is, he generally goes over budget.

My portion of the groceries has almost no pre-packaged or prepared foods, but nearly everything he gets is.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    $200 a week for 4, counting paper products and all that stuff. We typically eat out once a week too though, and hubby usually buys lunch at work.
  • BamaRunningGirl
    BamaRunningGirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    About $500 a month for 2 adults and 3 teenagers.
  • CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Too much
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Live in Florida. $600 a month, that includes everything, for 2 adults, 2 sons, 19 and 16 yrs old.

That does not include eating out, which we do a few times a month.

That is impressive - must be very inexpensive to live in sunny Florida...especially with two teenage boys in the house! Do they even eat there? (LOL)

I'm just remembering how my brother was when he was between 15 - 19...he would eat massive amounts
    (I mean, whole pizza's and his 'cereal bowl' was a large mixing bowl!)

anyone who refers to Florida as sunny must not go there. It rains EVERYDAY. just saying. :laugh:

Wow...obviously I have no idea - I live in Alberta, Canada. I have this 'picture' in my mind of what Florida is like...sunny everyday and is the ideal place to move to when one retires because it's so sunny, beautiful and relaxing there!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    About $50 a week for two (2) people
    This! I buy my produce at aldi's and use coupons at harris teeter. I don't buy prepacked food either.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    $150/week family of 3. My huband and I buy lunch at work a couple days a week and that's not including the one night a week we do pizza or chinese or something for dinner...
  • Cjmi427
    Cjmi427 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    $450 a month for 2 adults and 2 children. I focus on unprocessed foods and try to get a lot of fruits and veggies, but we do not buy organic from the grocery store. We grow some of our own vegetables. We buy pork and beef in bulk from a local farmer, but buy grocery store chicken, eggs, and dairy.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    150 for 3 people.

That's around my budget for three people, too.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    $500 a month or so for the 2 of us. I do buy lots of sweet stuff to bake and give away, just cause I love to bake.
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am single, with no kids and spend $40-$45 per week. Generally, I try to make meals that cost about $6 a day total: $1 for breakfast, $2 for lunch, $2 for dinner, and $1 for snacks. I eat out 1-2 meals per week which is not included in this, so $6 x 30 days is $45 a week, give or take $2-4 for eating out (that comes out of my entertainment budget, not my food budget :-)).
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    About $50 a week for one person. I shop farmers markets, regular markets, independent food providers, and Whole Foods when I get paid and am feeling fancy.