Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - December Challenge!!

Options
Hey-O!

Well, it's that time once again... :drinker: Time to lay it all out, tell us how things went in November, and set your personal goals for the last push of 2010! You have thirty-one long days this month to meet your health and fitness targets, push yourself harder than ever before and motivate others through your posts on our thread. This group has been such a wonderful source of inspiration and support for so many of us in October and November, and I really hope that we can keep it up through the holidays and into the New Year :bigsmile:

Please post your November results in this thread along with your goals for December (scale and non-scale preferably). New members are always welcome - Just introduce yourself, set some reasonable goals you hope to meet by the end of the month, and add them to our growing list! Then all you have to do is check in regularly and let us know how things are going - Pretty easy!

***Please Read*** If you are going to join the challenge, copy the NEW DECEMBER GOAL LIST into your reply and add your screen name and goal to the bottom of the list. This will help to keep all the goals in one place! With dozens of people signing into this thread over the month, it can be hard to keep track. Thanks!

Since our thread now moves so quickly, here is the most recent November goal list I was able to find (thanks to Miss_Amy!) - Hope I haven't left anyone out!
Kattungen: To lose 5 lbs :) Starting at 188.5 - want 183.5 by December 1st!
kvr413: lose 10 lbs, thanksgiving included, which will put me at 169!
Meggonkgonk: To reach 157 lbs & to run the first 2 weeks of my 10k running program (mileage13-14 and 15-16)
Emmyworthy: To reach 199lbs, swim 3 times a week, lose 8 inches over all with 1 inch coming from my upper arms
ksv123: to lose 3 pounds (yes, including Thanksgiving!!), and ramp up my workout routine that I have managed to ignore lately. The workout will include a minimum of 4 days a week of either elliptical or 30 Day Shred.
GuamGrly (Bethany) - To lose 5 pounds and work out at least 2 times per week.
meagalayne- To reach 130lbs, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge at my own pace, and run my 8k (Nov 13) under 50 mins
LostAlyKat (Aly) - To lose 6lbs from 172.6, follow my prescribed food plan, and workout 6 days a week!
Tjradd73-to lose 9.6lbs, and to continue on with the push-up challenge :)
allislefttogain: Maintain (120-125 range); no scale until December 1st; 2 days a week with strength/body weight training; run 3-4x a week and run my 10K in 56 minutes or under (be happy with 59:01 or under though!)
rai8759: loose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving, 5 lbs in total/workout 3x a week 60-90 minutes/5K in 30 min or less/be true to food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
tai_88: to lose 5 lbs, stopping eating candy for the month and continue working out at least 4 times a week.
wardiemelissa-my goal is to lose my last 0.5 pounds (taking me to 125 pounds-my wedding weight from 7 years and 2 kids ago), to maintain my weight, continue with my exercise routine (running 3-4 days and strength on off days) and finish my first 10K under 75 minutes on Thanksgiving Day!!!
spellbinder - Reach 146lbs, exercise 5 days a week, do strength training + crunches + squats 3 days a week, ensure that I don't put on any weight during thanksgiving week!!
SkierElle- reach 180lbs/exercise every day/limit sweets and desserts (apart from Thanksgiving)
ttaylortulsa: 8 lbs for month - C25K training 3 days/wk - 30 Day Shred (or equivalent) 2 days/week - YBB vid 1 day/week
allie7383: to get into the 150's (6.5 lbs away!), workout 6 days a week, and increase my water intake.
inskydiamonds: (November 1-14): eat vegetables with dinner every night / lose about 5 pounds (November 15-28): make low(er) cal Thanksgiving dishes. Lose at least 4 pounds.
mcanals123: To drop down to 165 and break my plateau :-)
finncmh: Lose 1 pound a week- bringing me to 198 by end of the month. Full body lifting routine two days a week. Get to spinning class at least two times a week.
miss_amy: lose a total of 25lbs, work out 5x a week & eat more fiber & protein.
purpleprose: lose 5 pounds from 10/29 weight, run the whole 5K on Thanksgiving (no walking), and to eat organic, whole foods at least 60% of the time
oreganoqueen: brave the gym at least once a week & eat more protein
coatadaycarrie: finally get down to 145, and to work out at least 5x a week for at least half an hour each time.
lauratx22- lose 8 pds!
ottawagirl613: lose 5 pounds to get me halfway to my goal weight of 130 pounds by christmas! also to complete my 15 mins a day of toning exercises EVERY DAY :)! (and squeeze in a few 15-30 min walks a few times a week)
stuartme123: lose 4 pounds, workout at the gym or attend yoga class lasting 30+ min, 3x a week, keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day - this includes YOU potato chips!!!
CraftyGirl4 - Do all the P90X workouts for this month (maybe taking off Thanksgiving Day). Not to step on the scale until Decemeber 1st, 2010.
vbos~ lose 8lbs, 8 cups of H2O a day, run/elliptical 4x/week, strength train 3x/week, 5k Turkey Trot in 30mins, oh and drink alcohol only once a week!!
cruan - Stick to my 2 shakes a day, really watch my calories so I don't go over, lose 5-7 pounds, somehow fit some exercise into the craziness that is my life!
lolahippie-to lose 5lbs!
Roobean33- to lose 4 pounds and tone up - and bring my hubby along for the ride! :)
emmarie1630- lose 5 pounds, 3x a week workout, more veggies
AshleyVeronica - lose 4lbs, DRINK less calories, monitor what I eat everyday...no holding back, stop eating after 9pm unless it's a weekend
trebhun - lose 4lbs, and work out more, start exercising again after knee scope surgery (last Thurs 11/4)
francesstewart1 - lose 3lbs (and join the Dec challenge!)
seripha - To have an entire week where I eat well and within my calories bounds + exercise for at least 30 minutes 5 x a week.
SkiptomyLou32: Get to 124 by end of November and then 120 by end of December. Make it to Christmas with no sweets (except Thanksgiving). Keep running through the winter and train for the half marathon in St. Louis in April.

So - How did you do? Post your results and your goals in a reply here and let's get December started off with a BANG! :drinker:

-Meag :heart:

Replies

• inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    bump so I don't lose it
    I'll make my post on Tuesday :)
  • skinnyack
    Options
    bump
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Options

***Please Read*** If you are going to join the challenge, copy the NEW DECEMBER GOAL LIST into your reply and add your screen name and goal to the bottom of the list. This will help to keep all the goals in one place! With dozens of people signing into this thread over the month, it can be hard to keep track. Thanks!

Where is this New December Goal List that we have to copy?
  • km323
    km323 Posts: 124
    Options
    Hi! My name is Katy, I'm 22, and I've been on MFP for a while but I fell off the wagon once grad school started this semester. I would love to get back in the swing by joining a challenge and keeping myself accountable!

SW (11/30): 211
    GW (12/31): 185

Other goals:
    - Run at least four days a week
    - Go to sleep before 2:00am every night
    - No french fries in December!
    - Update food and exercise journals every day

Looking forward to spending December with this group and I'm excited to get back in the swing of things :)
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Actually, I need some advice my friends. Tonight I ran my first mile straight! *Does wild happy dance* What is a normal increment from here? LOL! I'm working on my December goals and I have no idea where to go from here. I was trying to hard to get to that first mile and now that I'm here I don't know where to go. Do I just keep adding half a mile? Or do I say I want to run this many miles a week? I like having very distinct goals and I'm not sure what to say with this...

Any suggestions??
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Sorry - I should have been more clear!

A NEW DECEMBER LIST will form once people start posting their goals. Since I still don't have mine figured out yet, I'll be posting in the AM.

So far:

km323 - Reach 185lbs, run 4x per week, get to sleep before 2am each night, avoid french fries and log every day

----

Tara - There are lots of different ways you can approach it... Either keep running the same mile and try to run it better - faster, with greater ease, etc. Or try increasing your distance gradually on SOME runs while maintaining the 1 mile on others. Did you walk or jog before/after the 1 mile you ran, or did you just run one mile and then stop exercising? If you walk some, run some, walk some, etc eventually just shorten your walking periods or make them less frequent. If you need a "plan", check out C25K or another beginner running program and follow that for ideas :happy: Good luck!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Bump Yippe Skippy time to start a new month!!
  • kvr414
    kvr414 Posts: 111
    Options
    November went well for me! I hit 169, a 10 lb loss! I'm very excited about that. Very excited to see what december has in store!

December Goals:
    km323 - Reach 185lbs, run 4x per week, get to sleep before 2am each night, avoid french fries and log every day
    kvr414- Lose another 10 lbs. drink 10 cups of water a day, do a 3x to 5x a day routine of situps, pushups, lunges til fatigue.
  • Roobean33
    Options
    Hi all!

My November goal was to lose 4lbs and get my husband to start adopting a more healthy lifestyle. I lost 3lbs and my husband lost 6lbs. I am so excited about the progress we've made in just the first month! Thanks to all you ladies for your support! You all are awesome.

Tara - Congrats and way to push yourself! I'm not much of a runner myself, but I would do whatever option motivates you more/makes you feel more accomplished. Do you want to run faster or farther? :-) Eventually, I'm sure you'll do both!

Oh boy December: Here we go!
    kvr414- Lose another 10 lbs. drink 10 cups of water a day, do a 3x to 5x a day routine of situps, pushups, lunges til fatigue.
    roobean33 - Reach 128lbs, drink more H20 daily, try new healthy recipes, avoid most of the holiday treats
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!

Will be figuring out December goals tomorrow.

So excited for a new month with all you awesome and inspiring ladies (and any gents :wink: )
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I actually decided I should post today instead of waiting until next Tuesday, even though technically I'm still in November right now.

roobean33 - Reach 128lbs, drink more H20 daily, try new healthy recipes, avoid most of the holiday treats
    inskydiamonds - Continue my biweekly meal challenges, because they force me to reach outside the box for things to eat for dinner. (December 1-5: Suggestions from MFP friends / December 6-19: Low-Cal Desserts / December 20-31: Meals Under $10). Lose 4 pounds, bringing me to 183.
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    bump! :bigsmile:
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    bump! i will post loss and Dec goals later this afternoon!
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Bump...so excited to start a new month with all of you!
  • keysr
    keysr Posts: 19
    Options
    I really want to try and break out of my plateau, but since it is the holidays I know that will be really difficult. So instead I want to at the very least, maintain my weight. I want to start cooking more for myself and start doing more outdoor activities (because once I go home for break I won't have a gym to go to). I think the hardest thing will be the holiday parties, so i know I need to focus on them and take everything in stride.

DECEMBER CHALLENGE:
    inskydiamonds - Continue my biweekly meal challenges, because they force me to reach outside the box for things to eat for dinner. (December 1-5: Suggestions from MFP friends / December 6-19: Low-Cal Desserts / December 20-31: Meals Under $10). Lose 4 pounds, bringing me to 183.
    Keysr-Cook for myself and become more active outside with fun winter sports
  • krishatherley
    Options
    wish me luck!

DECEMBER CHALLENGE:
    krishatherley - drop another 3-4 lbs
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    November left me feeling inspired!!

Met my goal weight of 125 lbs (actual weight today was 123.5)
    Ran my Turkey trot in 63 minutes (goal was to finish in 75 minutes)
    Exercise 3-4 times a week (accomplished this most weeks-need to continue for this next month)

Here we go.....:wink:

DECEMBER CHALLENGE:
    wardiemelissa-maintain current weight of 125 lbs.; continue exercise regimine of running 2-3 times a week (with one long run between 7-8 miles), strength training (30 day Shred), and stretching (yoga); plan healthy dinners for the week; and begin to tone those trouble zones (No More Trouble Zones)
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Yay for December! Probably my favorite month of all =)

I met my goal of 180lbs on Monday, I didn't have any desserts/sweets except thanksgiving, and I exercised daily!! All my goals accomplished, so I am hoping for the same this time! Thank you Meag for starting this and for all you other girls, & I will try to be involved with the thread this month!

DECEMBER CHALLENGE:
    wardiemelissa-maintain current weight of 125 lbs.; continue exercise regimine of running 2-3 times a week (with one long run between 7-8 miles), strength training (30 day Shred), and stretching (yoga); plan healthy dinners for the week; and begin to tone those trouble zones (No More Trouble Zones)
    SkierElle: Reach 175 lbs, still limit sweets but allow myself a few if they fit w/in calories, when I'm home for Xmas try to involve family in fun exercise!