Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - December Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    CaptainJim157 - Dec SW = 172.2 lbs, lose 10 lbs by the end of December (2 lbs a week), control my anxiety a bit better (Can that be one of my goals?)

LOL- That can absolutely be one of your goals!!! Good luck with it! Feel free to come on here and share how that's going and such- we all vent/rant/pout/ramble ALL over this thread!

I just want to throw this out there because I see a LOT of people with 10lb goals this month- that is A LOT of weight to lose in one month in particular a holiday month. It's ok to keep that as a goal, but know in your mind- esp at 172 lbs- 10 lbs is really a lot. I stared around that size (174) and though I stick pretty well to my calories and exercise and lose pretty consistently, I still usually top out at 7 (have been as low as 3). Anyway, I love that you all are really pushing it- thats awesome! - but at the same time, I don't want any of you to feel disappointed if you don't reach your goal weights.

*Steps Down From Soap Box*

Good luck everyone!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Wow...this thread is become quite the popular one!!

My November is really nothing to talk about but in an effort to hold myself accountable, I will still share with you! The scale managed to gain a pound so I didn't get close to my goal of losing 5 pounds. And I only worked out twice in one week...one whole week and it was the week of Thanksgiving. What are the odds of that? But December is going to be great for tons of reasons. I will add my goals to the end of the list.

Welcome to all you newbies!! This is our last month of 2010 so lets make it count!!

km323 - Reach 185lbs, run 4x per week, get to sleep before 2am each night, avoid french fries and log every day
    kvr414- Lose another 10 lbs. drink 10 cups of water a day, do a 3x to 5x a day routine of situps, pushups, lunges til fatigue.
    roobean33 - Reach 128lbs, drink more H20 daily, try new healthy recipes, avoid most of the holiday treats
    inskydiamonds - Continue my biweekly meal challenges, because they force me to reach outside the box for things to eat for dinner. (December 1-5: Suggestions from MFP friends / December 6-19: Low-Cal Desserts / December 20-31: Meals Under $10). Lose 4 pounds, bringing me to 183.
    Keysr-Cook for myself and become more active outside with fun winter sports
    krishatherley - drop another 3-4 lbs
    wardiemelissa-maintain current weight of 125 lbs.; continue exercise regimine of running 2-3 times a week (with one long run between 7-8 miles), strength training (30 day Shred), and stretching (yoga); plan healthy dinners for the week; and begin to tone those trouble zones (No More Trouble Zones)
    SkierElle: Reach 175 lbs, still limit sweets but allow myself a few if they fit w/in calories, when I'm home for Xmas try to involve family in fun exercise!
    meagalayne - Reach 130lb by 12/11/10 and maintain to 01/01/11, allow myself one cheat meal a week without guilt, try TWO new healthy recipes per week, and maintain my 3 x run/3 x strength per week workout regimen throughout the holidays - NO EXCUSES!
    rai8759 - Go from 167.4 to 162 by 1/3/11 (1.08 lbs/week); Carry a water bottle around with me and drink 8-10 cups of water per day; Be true to my food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
    Tai_88 – continue my no candy streak (limit of one piece of candy per week); stop drinking soda for the month; at least 3 workouts per week; get my 2 mile time under 18:30; logging everyday – especially when I don’t want to.
    Hazeldiva1913---drink at least 12 cups of water a day, loose 10 lbs by christmas. Im at 299 need to be at 289 on xmas day...start incorporating more strength training...no eating out more than once a week!!!
    chawntamarie - Reach 140lbs by Christmas (4 lb. loss), Workout 5 times/week and cook my own meals 2-3 times per week.
    finncmh- lose 5lbs bringing me to 193 by New Years eve, strength training 2x's a week, develop a solid running/walking routine, try one new healthy meal a week!
    Mevan17- lose 3 lbs to get to 141 lb, run 4 days/week, no cookies
    Stuartme123 - DecSW = 161. 30 min of cardio 3x a week, Keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day, Add veggies that wouldn't normally be there to at least one meal a day, Try one new healthy recipe a week, Lose 1lb a week for a total of 4lbs.
    CaptainJim157 - Dec SW = 172.2 lbs, lose 10 lbs by the end of December (2 lbs a week), control my anxiety a bit better (Can that be one of my goals?)
    Tickyfoxster710- Dec SW=294lbs, goal lose 9lbs by the end of December, finish my 10k running plan, try to get up to 8 miles before the end of the year, start my second round of 6 week triple challenge (finish the first week of January) ( goal 100 push ups, 200 situps, 200 squats consecutive)
    meggonkgonk: Reach 150 lbs, complete 1 unabridged week of training, Week 4 of pushup challenge and 1 unassisted pullup
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - lose 5 pounds before 2011. Work out twice a week. Continue with my C25K training.
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hello!!

So good to see that everyone's done pretty well in November, except for me :D

I had an amazing vacation. The trip was very hectic specially since we drove to Chicago frm CT & back. Not to forget all the late nights and the drinking & eating all the time. I haven't weighed myself yet so don't know how much damage has been done. Haven't met any of my November goals :) But December will be a good month for me. As always, this thread always motivates me.

Here are my goals for December:
    (1) Start with week 3 of C25K. From week 4 onwards, do each week twice. So, essentially, by the end of December I should have done week 3 - once, week 4 - twice & week 5 - twice. (I wasn't able to complete week 6 in my previous attempt, so starting again)
    (2) Cook twice a week
    (3) Have a serving of fruit everyday
    (4) Do squats and crunches thrice a week
    (5) Weight loss goal - TBD (have yet to check my current weight)

Good luck to everyone for an amazing December!!

km323 - Reach 185lbs, run 4x per week, get to sleep before 2am each night, avoid french fries and log every day
    kvr414- Lose another 10 lbs. drink 10 cups of water a day, do a 3x to 5x a day routine of situps, pushups, lunges til fatigue.
    roobean33 - Reach 128lbs, drink more H20 daily, try new healthy recipes, avoid most of the holiday treats
    inskydiamonds - Continue my biweekly meal challenges, because they force me to reach outside the box for things to eat for dinner. (December 1-5: Suggestions from MFP friends / December 6-19: Low-Cal Desserts / December 20-31: Meals Under $10). Lose 4 pounds, bringing me to 183.
    wardiemelissa-maintain current weight of 125 lbs.; continue exercise regimine of running 2-3 times a week (with one long run between 7-8 miles), strength training (30 day Shred), and stretching (yoga); plan healthy dinners for the week; and begin to tone those trouble zones (No More Trouble Zones)
    SkierElle: Reach 175 lbs, still limit sweets but allow myself a few if they fit w/in calories, when I'm home for Xmas try to involve family in fun exercise!
    meagalayne - Reach 130lb by 12/11/10 and maintain to 01/01/11, allow myself one cheat meal a week without guilt, try TWO new healthy recipes per week, and maintain my 3 x run/3 x strength per week workout regimen throughout the holidays - NO EXCUSES!
    rai8759 - Go from 167.4 to 162 by 1/3/11 (1.08 lbs/week); Carry a water bottle around with me and drink 8-10 cups of water per day; Be true to my food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
    Tai_88 – continue my no candy streak (limit of one piece of candy per week); stop drinking soda for the month; at least 3 workouts per week; get my 2 mile time under 18:30; logging everyday – especially when I don’t want to.
    Hazeldiva1913---drink at least 12 cups of water a day, loose 10 lbs by christmas. Im at 299 need to be at 289 on xmas day...start incorporating more strength training...no eating out more than once a week!!!
    chawntamarie - Reach 140lbs by Christmas (4 lb. loss), Workout 5 times/week and cook my own meals 2-3 times per week.
    finncmh- lose 5lbs bringing me to 193 by New Years eve, strength training 2x's a week, develop a solid running/walking routine, try one new healthy meal a week!
    Stuartme123 - DecSW = 161. 30 min of cardio 3x a week, Keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day, Add veggies that wouldn't normally be there to at least one meal a day, Try one new healthy recipe a week, Lose 1lb a week for a total of 4lbs.
    Tickyfoxster710- Dec SW=294lbs, goal lose 9lbs by the end of December, finish my 10k running plan, try to get up to 8 miles before the end of the year, start my second round of 6 week triple challenge (finish the first week of January) ( goal 100 push ups, 200 situps, 200 squats consecutive)
    meggonkgonk: Reach 150 lbs, complete 1 unabridged week of training, Week 4 of pushup challenge and 1 unassisted pullup
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - lose 5 pounds before 2011. Work out twice a week. Continue with my C25K training.
    spellbinder25: (1) Start with week 3 of C25K. From week 4 onwards, do each week twice. (2) Cook twice a week, (3) Have a serving of fruit everyday, (4) Do squats and crunches thrice a week, (5) Weight loss goal - TBD (have yet to check my current weight)
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    This month is already going off to a great start! I woke up this morning feeling healthy and Fit! I have two different kinds of yummy healthy home made soup at home to hold me over for the next week or so. I got my gear and I am going to Triathlon training tonight! I also have decided to start measuring tonight and just have that be one of my new focus points. Not sure if I will have any goals surrounding it but hey it sounds fun. I have been thinking long and hard about this month and this is what I have come up with.

* Maintain/ lose at least 1lb Weight from WI this Friday morning 12/3.
    * Do one nice relaxing thing for myself once a week. (massage, bath with wine and book, new workout class....)
    * Focus on Triathlon Training, workout as close to the training schedule as possible.
    * Only eat 2 sweets a week(it is the holidays after all)
    *Measure at the beginning and end of the month.

Losstalykat:* Do one nice relaxing thing for myself once a week. (massage, bath with wine and book, new workout class....)* Focus on Triathlon Training, workout as close to the training schedule as possible. * Only eat 2 sweets a week(it is the holidays after all)*Measure at the beginning and end of the month.

My answer is a bit lengthy, but I am glad I am not putting exact amounts of pounds or days on there. I can't focus on the number, just the happiness I get from being healthy and Happy!!

QOTD!!! What is your favorite thing about christmas/ or any December holiday???

That's right peeps I am back to my happy self and ready to talk about fun stuff! I have so many things, I think my most favorite is christmas Music. I LOOOOVVVEEE xmas music! I started listening last week hehe.
  • seripha
    Options
    Losstalykat:* Do one nice relaxing thing for myself once a week. (massage, bath with wine and book, new workout class....)* Focus on Triathlon Training, workout as close to the training schedule as possible. * Only eat 2 sweets a week(it is the holidays after all)*Measure at the beginning and end of the month.
    seripha - Dec SW = 156.5, goal to lose another 5 lbs by the end of December, continue to exercise 4 - 5 times a week, and avoid binging on the weekend!
  • Roobean33
    Options
    I had a great workout today. Proud of myself, because I didn't feel much like going, but once there I busted it out. Great way to start off December! I hope all of you are finding success on Day 1. :-)

QOTD - I love finding that perfect gift for someone! I usually splurge on 1 person a year...most of the time, by accident. I just walk by the most AWESOME gift ever and know I have to get it. Nothing better than getting someone their favorite gift of the year!
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Where's the other boy? You mean thesims3dude and captain jim? That's me :D I changed my name, didn't like the other one, lol
    I just went for a 30 min walk with the dog, was snowing a bit and about -20C out, but still had fun!
    We met another doggy, I found a penny on the ground *swiped* and I found a sheet of ice, err, needless to say my shoe got soaked :indifferent: lol
    how is everyone else's day?
  • meggonkgonk
    Options
    Where's the other boy? You mean thesims3dude and captain jim? That's me :D I changed my name, didn't like the other one, lol

Lol- nope followed your name change all good- cool new name btw, what happened to your pic?

Other boy was a newbie too- krishatherley - he posted on the 1st page.

QOTD: I love the smell of Christmas Trees/ Pine Trees. And my bf's family celebrates "Santa Claus Day" which is the feast day of St. Nicholas, where you put small gifts in one another's shoes. So that's always really fun. The first year we were together he got me a little stuffed care bear key chain, and ever since its been a really nice tradition.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    QOTD: One thing?! How about three things...
    a. I LOVE buying for other people, my parents and sister are particularly hard to buy for (picky! picky!) so the best is when I get them something they love and don't return, especially since they've been super super supportive of me the last 18 months:love:
    b. My nephew...even though he's only 18 months old I love seeing him get excited by everything going on during the holidays. It's like having a child without all the responsibility :noway:
    c. Christmas spirit...the lights, music, generosity and selflessness of others!

Hmmm I think that was like 12 things?! I :heart: the holidays!
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Lol, nice!, Oh, my mom doesn't like me putting pics of myself on the net, I don't want to disobey her, so I took it off :)
    Hope you don't mind ^^
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    hey everyone! i'm back for another kick *kitten* month!! i'm looking for another great month- i kicked *kitten* in november & lost 7lbs & many inches (haven't measured yet, but i know it was significant because i am fitting very nicely in my new size smaller pants!) AND i reached my non-scale goals (eating more fiber & protein) so i'm pretty optimistic right now about this month! my goal is to lose at least 5.6lbs this month. Ideally, I'd love to see an 8.6lb loss this month to get me to a total loss of 35lbs, but 32lbs sounds good to me too. :) I also am going to make my non-scale goal to be to lower my carb intake more.

i am so excited to continue my journey with you all! good luck everyone!!!

seripha - Dec SW = 156.5, goal to lose another 5 lbs by the end of December, continue to exercise 4 - 5 times a week, and avoid binging on the weekend!
    miss_amy: current weight loss: 26.4lbs- goal: at least 32lb total loss (5.6lbs)- ultimate goal: 35lb total loss (8.6). NSG: eat less carbs!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    - - - NOVEMBER GOALS - - -
    So as to throw off my title of slacker (LOL) my goals to finish out the rest of this month are burning 4000 calories each week, continue 100 push up program and 5-K Training! :o) I want to definitely knock it up a knotch next month and throw something ab related in there! :o)

I reached my goal of 100 modified push ups and other then my week in the hospital burned over 4000 calories each week. I went to the gym five times a week and on the last day of the month was able to run a mile straight! Talk about barely making it!

This month I'm going to throw that ab related mix in there. Three times a week. I'm going to burn 4500 calories each week. I want to run/walk the distance from Nazareth to Bethlehem, 97.5 miles by Christmas. I'd like to be at running two miles straight at the end of the month or a faster one mile time (working towards my first 5k. Maybe find one to sign up for?) And this is the hardest thing. My goal is to go on the candida diet. I'm going to start slow. I've done this during the holiday season before and I tend to crash and burn. So for now: No refined sugar. Oh boy...not too hard during a normal month but Christmas season? Here we go!

miss_amy: current weight loss: 26.4lbs- goal: at least 32lb total loss (5.6lbs)- ultimate goal: 35lb total loss (8.6). NSG: eat less carbs!
    TaraMaria - Ab workout 3x's weekly, 4500 calories burned weekly, 97.5 miles walked/ran by Christmas, build up running endurance to two miles straight or faster one mile speed, find a 5K to sign up for and finally no refined sugars for the month of December
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    QOTD...HMMM! Christmas music, decorating, christmas movies, my family, baking, being in my Octagon snow globe, and most of all: My three year old! He is finally beginning to grasp the things going on around him. When I brought him to preschool yesterday they had set up what looked like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree and he stood there with his hands over his mouth. That put me into a rush to get mine set up! I'm READY to roll! But now its so bitter cold, if you put me out with a bunch of trees I would be like...THAT ONE, without ever opening my eyes. He he he...And then it would probably have one branch...
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    This thread is NUTS! You guys are killing it! How am I supposed to keep up and respond to everyone, like I usually do? hahah

QOTD - Favourite part of the holidays is when it's over! :laugh: Just kidding! I don't celebrate Xmas, so yea... What I DO love is my birthday which is coming up next weekend!! it's nice to pretend all this holiday stuff is actually just an excuse to celebrate my birthday... Moving on!

I absolutely KILLED myself at the gym today. Decided 5 miles was too far but 3 miles wasn't enough to satisfy me, so I did 3.1 miles of the Rolling HIlls Program, which is actually the worst idea I've ever had :noway: It was TOUGH. And I am such a stubborn b*tch sometimes that even when I am totally 100% spent I absolutely push myself to the limits and force myself to keep the same speed intervals in the last 5 minutes that I set in the first 5. Totally mental. I think I might be losing my mind! Oh well! Calories burned are calories burned, and it wasn't the most difficult thing I've ever done...

The list is a little messed up from SO many entries overlapping, so here it is all sorted out:

Jourdan_Rystrom - DecSW=136. I want to reach 133 by the end of December and have even more muscle tone! Log on to MFP EVERY DAY and always stay under my calories! I want to drop my BF% to 22%! I also want to include more greens in my diet!
    spellbinder25: (1) Start with week 3 of C25K. From week 4 onwards, do each week twice. (2) Cook twice a week, (3) Have a serving of fruit everyday, (4) Do squats and crunches thrice a week, (5) Weight loss goal - TBD (have yet to check my current weight)
    TaraMaria - Ab workout 3x's weekly, 4500 calories burned weekly, 97.5 miles walked/ran by Christmas, build up running endurance to two miles straight or faster one mile speed, find a 5K to sign up for and finally no refined sugars for the month of December

Hope that's everyone! :happy: Love seeing this thread pick up so much steam. Will respond to you each individually when I have a little more time. Much love :heart:
    Meag
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    OH! And welcome to all the newbs!! :flowerforyou:

Hope you find your niche here and are able to dig in and make yourself proud this last month in 2010!

And to all the returning "challengers" -- So glad to see you all back :bigsmile: We're going to KICK *kitten* this month, just like we did in November!
  • skinnyack
    Options
    LAST MONTH OF MY 20's-- I turn 30 in January! SO here we go!

Jourdan_Rystrom - DecSW=136. I want to reach 133 by the end of December and have even more muscle tone! Log on to MFP EVERY DAY and always stay under my calories! I want to drop my BF% to 22%! I also want to include more greens in my diet!
    SKINNYACK- Get under 160- ideally 157 by Dec 31st. I'm currently stuck at 161. Be able to hold side arm planks for 90 seconds each arm without shaking. Run my first official 5K. Finish Month 1 of P90X.
  • Floricienta
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and I'd love to join!

SKINNYACK- Get under 160- ideally 157 by Dec 31st. I'm currently stuck at 161. Be able to hold side arm planks for 90 seconds each arm without shaking. Run my first official 5K. Finish Month 1 of P90X
    Fiore89 -- Go to the gym daily, eat less carbs and more protein, log in MFP daily, pack a healthy lunch to work and stay under my calorie intake!!! :-)
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    SKINNYACK- Get under 160- ideally 157 by Dec 31st. I'm currently stuck at 161. Be able to hold side arm planks for 90 seconds each arm without shaking. Run my first official 5K. Finish Month 1 of P90X
    Fiore89 -- Go to the gym daily, eat less carbs and more protein, log in MFP daily, pack a healthy lunch to work and stay under my calorie intake!!! :-)
    Allislefttogain: Maintain in 118-123 range; minimum base running of 8-10 miles a week; long run of 13.1; weigh-ins on 10th/ 20th/30th of December; try a new workout (or 2 or 3); 64 oz of water daily (no counting tea water!) and experiment in the kitchen

No big goals for me. December is hectic, hectic so I'm just going back to basics. I'd LOVE to try some new recipes I've been eying and really want to try to experiment with beans a bit. I hopefully will either settle in before the year's over or move on to a new job so as much as I want to join a gym, I'm not willing to waste money on joining and then move. My biggest goal for December is really to find a new job and tell my boss to suck it, but I'm not sure that relates to this thread :glasses:
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    Okay, I know I'm crazy...but today while looking around for a 5K I found a half marathon that is four months away. April 2nd to be precise. The AWESOME thing about it, is that I absolutely love history and one of my historical heroes is Abraham Lincoln. I always thought it was cool to live so close to his original roots here in IL and this half marathon is actually based all around him! Its called the Lincoln Presidential Half Marathon. This is like...TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL.

Where in the world (is Carmen Sandiego, I couldn't resist) do I get off thinking I could run 13.1 miles when I just ran my first mile?? In four months? Sigh...I guess I better get back to looking for a 5K...

The link is: http://runabe.srrc.net/ If anyone wants to check my cool insanity out! lol!
  • meggonkgonk
    Options
    Where in the world (is Carmen Sandiego, I couldn't resist) do I get off thinking I could run 13.1 miles when I just ran my first mile?? In four months? Sigh...I guess I better get back to looking for a 5K...

If you are cool with the possibility of walking some of it, I say sign up and do some of the training with us! Spend December working up to running/walking like 4/5 miles and then start one of the training programs. I mean if you think its cool, people have done far crazier things than train to run 13 miles in 4 months- jus sayin. There's a good possibility you could finish w/no walking too.

Anywho, thats my $0.02 I'm usually a gofor it kinda girl tho :-)