Senior Golden Sneakers - December 2010

Options

Replies

• lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    :wink: Whew! Thanks, BarbieCat...sometimes in writing on the computer, we have lingo we talk in our every day lives and the people we associate with on a regular basis understand our unspoken words but in writing an email or post, you have to be specific.

Thanks for understanding.:smile:

I despise controsversy...though sometimes, we can't avoid it...I don't ever go looking for it.
    Life is too short and this is a supportive place..I don't want to "mess" with.:noway: I am just glad Marie asked me here several months ago.

Thanks,
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!! Bingo night, so this afternoon will make some rye bread appetizers and bring those and some Christmas cookies for our tables tonight. Bingo isn't bingo unless you snack all night long. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Most of the time I am good, but it depends how bored I am playing the game. :laugh: :laugh:

The great news is even though I haven't been exercising but still do watch my calories (even though I haven't been recording them) I am back down to within one pound of my goal. I hate to say that in print because now I will gain it all back. :noway: :noway:

After Christmas I will call and set up therapy and see if that helps me back and leg. Some days is it better, others it is worse. :grumble: :grumble:

Wicked the play, was really good, but it was too long for my 5 year old granddaughter. We should have gone to a matinee, but my DIL said there were no good tickets for the matinees. The story was interesting and let you understand a few things from the Wizard of Oz, but that is all I will say in case anyone goes to see it. Our dinner was delicious, I had Veal lemon which I normally do in any Italian restaurant. Salad and a vegetable and oh yes a glass of wine, it was a great dinner. We walked from the restaurant to the play which was a few city blocks and walked back to the car after the play which was a little longer. I walked those calories off and it was a nice night in the city, the weather cooperated. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Laundry today, bingo tonight, have a great Wednesday everyone!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! I walked 2.5 hours up & down this town of Fredricksburg. Can I have a fudge sundae, now?
    Love Marie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Good afternoon! I walked 2.5 hours up & down this town of Fredricksburg. Can I have a fudge sundae, now?
    Love Marie
    [/quote

Yes, you may Marie!!! Enjoy!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: ]
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    Love Marie

how great that you did that much walking.....enjoy your treat :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

today was my day full of exercise....dog walking and yoga before breakfast, exercise bike and line dancing before lunch, then a walk with my friend on the Olympic Discovery Trail.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!:flowerforyou:

Will be extremely busy for the next 3 days...just wanted to wish everyone HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
  • maryellengallagher
    Options
    Marie - Fredricksburg is such a pretty town and great for walking. Glad you were able to do it.

I finally got my project for work finished and now I am able to take a break. My husband, Charlie and my granddaughter Susannah are coming to my office at noon today and we are all going to lunch together. I enjoy it when we are able to do that.

Everyone - have a blessed Christmas.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    vintage_Christmas_cat.gif

Just a word to let you all know we are home Be getting back with you all.-~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Marie
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!!

Sandy, I'm so happy you went to Wicked. My husband and I loved it when we saw it. You are so right about Bingo--snacks definitely makes it more fun! Woohoo! I got my webcam up, and I can't wait to use it with you when I return from my trip. Do you have a skype account? If you want to talk, let me know your login. Have a wonderful Christmas. :drinker: :drinker:

Deb, Welcome to our group! You're going to love this family. We are so supportive and encouraging of each other. We're happy to have you! I am on my way with my whole family to Cancun tomorrow. :glasses: I have three daughters, who are all beautiful and generous, three grandkids--two boys and a girl; and a fantastic husband of 43 years. Have a wonderful holiday season! Talk to you soon! :flowerforyou:

Marie, I hope everything is going well on your trip. Enjoy the holidays. I just love all your embedded pictures on your posts. Keep 'em coming! Love to learn how to do all that once I'm retired. Maybe you can teach me?

Gayla, I hope everything is well with Neil. Happy holidays to you and your family. :heart:

**This will be my last post until I return after the new year.** :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Gigi
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Things are looking better here. We've had a couple of really good days - I've even put up a small Christmas Tree and set out my collection of Santa Clauses.

Where ever in the world you may be -

Pam in Sussex, United Kingdom
    Barb, Barbie and Jake, Irene, and Mary Ellen out in the Northwest
    Sandy, JoAn, Gigi, Jeffrey, in the Midwest
    Mamasota and Marie in Texas
    Sandi38 in Arizona
    BirdieM in Rhode Island
    Buzz in Florida

And Lynn, Elli, Phoebe, Mary Ann and Beth - where ever you are

May Santa with his sleigh so bright find your home tomorrow night.

From our house in the Missouri Ozarks to yours, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, a wonderful Kwanzaa, or what ever you celebrate this time of year!
  • marlouise
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm still here, had a bad few weeks, but I think I might be comming out of the mud again. Been trying to de-stress. That is saying "is my name assigned to this..." and worry less about things., Night caps have taken some bad dreams and nausea away, half the battle gone, better to face my days. Hard time this is, I'm alone at home but will have my sister home soon again, after the Day of festivities. Mom is doing okay, My work schedule has changed due to people being off for surgery, and illness so I'm working more hours now.

The cats and dogs are all doing well, they are happy to see the snow here, play time outside is much better, and they can watch the birds and squirrels much better with the all white background. hahahaha.

Anyhoo all take care and God bless you all.

Marilyn
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    So Happy Conniie that things look a little better. Hey you done some homework on us guys. to know where we all live.
    Hope everyone is doing fine. Mother nature has been playing around with our weather Hope no one is in danger. Of water , snow or ice.
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to all from the middle of the Canadian prairie! I wish you all peace and joy. I picked Neil up tonight to spend the holiday with us. He will be here until the 28th. Lots of family time the next few days. should be lots of fun. I am finally feeling better, those expensive drugs really did the trick!

I hope Santa will be good to you.:wink::laugh: Take care. Gayla :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    My granddaughter, Sylvia, brought me a Ped-egg with handle for Christmas. I tried it out, and hooray! it acutally works. I'm always a little skeptical about those "as seen on tv" products. But sometimes they come through.

Except for making desserts tomorrow, everything I'm going to do for Christmas has already been done. I have a wonderful recipe for a dessert that has pretzels, cream cheese, whipped cream, strawberry jello, and frozen strawberries. An old friend made it for me several years ago. I got in touch with her again through facebook, and she gave me the recipe. I hope it is as good as I remember.

Marie, I was going through my old pictures and found some of Bethel, Alaska where I lived. Some of them are really eye-opening. I will post some of them just for fun when I get a little time. I will say that my life has not been dull. I've done a little of everything in a lot of places.

Well, tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Time to slow down and think about the meaning of Christmas. Time to enjoy our blessings including our wonderful families. God Bless, and Merry Christmas.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Thought I better get on here and say "Merry Christmas" to all, while I had the chance. Remember a few days ago, when I said...
    Today, thanks to the 1/2 price sale at our Salvation Army store, I solved the problem of my dead CD changer. ......
    Today, since I was already checking things out at the sale, I took a look at the electronics section and found a perfect system. It is very clean and works perfectly. It appears that it originally came with a remote control, so my next project is to see if I can order a replacement from the manufacturer, or get a universal remote that can be programmed to work with the unit. If not, I can survive without the remote. It is just nice to be able to put multiple CD's in have them play without having to stop every 30-45 minutes and change discs.

I spoke too soon. I discovered the programming on the used CD changer was toast. When I selected "shuffle" it would always go to disk 6 and play the first track, and keep playing it again and again. Periodically, when I attempted to switch disks, they would fail to read and the system would again revert to disk space 6, track 1. I returned it and got a credit. They didn't bother to tell me that you have to use the credit all at once or you lose whatever remains, so I was running around looking for things that I, or someone else could use in order to use up all the credit. They had all their Christmas-related items for 50% off, so I picked up some more decorating things, and I found some office-related items that I could use also.

We haven't had much rain in the last few days. The jet stream has routed it all to Southern California. A friend of mine, who lives up here, used to live in San Diego. On Monday, she and her hubby left to drive from the Portland area to San Diego. I spoke with her on Wednesday, and the weather is REALLY causing all kinds of problems. She said the news reports don't begin to cover it. I didn't have the heart to tell her that it wasn't raining HERE!!

Between the rain in So Cal and the snow in the mountains, our selection of fresh produce is being affected. I went shopping for my mom today, and the store was out of honeydew melons, and due to the weather, they have no idea when more will arrive.

I am running around doing things for other people instead of what needs to happen to be ready for Christmas dinner, so I guess Friday is catch up day.

The piglets (my three doggies for any newbies out there) and I wish everyone the best of everything, whether you are celebrating Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or Festivus!!! It is late, and I am ready to fall over, so g'night all.

Barb
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Merry C hristmas to all my buddies. You all have made this a
    wonderfull year for me.!!! Thanks for being here. everyone of you.

Christmas-ball.gif
  • Sandydur
    Options
    The last day to get everything done, luckily I am ready and looking forward to this evening. My older granddaughter will be coming around noon to finish some of her wrapping and then we are sending her and her two friends to the Church at 2:30 to save us seats for a 4:00 service. :laugh: :laugh: It gets so crowded that there are never enough seats and I don't think my back would last standing in a crowded Church. We will then go to dinner at my favorite restaurant and come back to open gifts and play some Wii games.
    I only wish my whole family could be here to celebrate together but have accepted they have their own families and traveling from out of state in the winter is terrible. :noway:

I have already started to eat too much, but I am not going to punish myself so I can enjoy the Holiday. :love: :love: After this weekend I will call for my back therapy and try riding the bike and get back to my routine. My weight is still not out of control so I am comfortable with myself for now. :tongue:

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Eve and don't stay up too late or Santa might not stop at your house.

Happy Christmas Eve!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Greetings from someone who is not rushing around getting ready for Christmas. :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Thursday and Friday line dance classes were full of favorite dances danced to Christmas music......there were a lot of people wearing festive holiday clothing.....today people brought treats and I took the time to admire everyone's handiwork and then said "no thank you" to all of it.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Jake bought a big piece of turkey ham this week and we've had some great ham meals.....tonight we finished it off by putting the last of the meat in a pot of bean soup.....now we're watching an old Robert De Niro movie on DVD.

:flowerforyou: we have had a lot of wind this week but very little rain so I've been able to take the dogs to the dog park.....they don't mind the wind and I have a great jacket with a hood

:flowerforyou: tomorrow we'll go to a movie in the afternoon and be home with our pets by dark.

:flowerforyou: I hope all of you who are celebrating Christmas have a fabulous time with your friends and families and don't overdo it on the goodies.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

10wreath5432110.gif
  • Sandydur
    Options
    ChristmasNativity21.gif

I hope you all have a Blessed Christmas filled with love and happiness. You are like family to me and I love you all!!