Senior Golden Sneakers - December 2010

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• bushman124
    bushman124 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Well, some kind of Golden Sneaker I made--I really fizzeled out. I got the flu and it really kicked my butt, got well enough to make all the Christmas preparations and then relapsed. Strangely enough, my puppy dog, Kirby, got really sick too. Kirby is 13 and we were told this summer his blood work showed he probably has myloma. We could have paid another $100 to have that diagnosis confirmed but I just couldn't bring myself to confirm it. So when he couldn't hold any food down, vommited blood, pooped blood and was so very sick, I thought that he might be at death's door. I was so upset because I felt so helpless. But as sick as he was he still wasn't real lathargic I don't know if its possible or not but it seemed like he caught my flu and when I relapsed so did he. I know, I'm probably crazy. But except for a slight sore throat and cough for me (Kirby has a slight caugh too) we are much better. He is now back to eating his Science Diet for sensitive stomach and we both went for a 55 minute walk today. I live in Elkhart, Indiana so its pretty cold here but all the snow has melted and the walk was invigorating. Anyways, sorry for not being a better friend. I'll try harder for January. Even with the sickness I had a wonderful Christmas and I just have a feeling 2011 is going to be a Good Year. At least I didn't gain any weight during the holdays. I feel sorry for the husband of one of you (need to learn peoples names) regarding the dentures. Getting dentures was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life. I hope all goes well for him. Well, everyone Happy New Year. And, by the way, I really love the animations you guys put on here, that New Years one was the Best! Until later. JoAn
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Please see:

Senior Golden Sneakers - January 2011