Senior Golden Sneakers - December 2010

Options

Replies

• viliberty1957
    Options
    ChristmasTwins.

I'm not giving up....I'll get this right yet.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    This is our son and our granddaughter on her 12th birthday (December 21). She baked and decorated her own cake. Dad took it out of the oven for her and helped clean up. Since her momma died, she's taken on the "baking" role in the family.

16arxgj.jpg
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    This is our son and our granddaughter on her 12th birthday (December 21). She baked and decorated her own cake. Dad took it out of the oven for her and helped clean up. Since her momma died, she's taken on the "baking" role in the family.

16arxgj.jpg

What a great picture and such a good looking son and granddaughter.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,000 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    new profile picture is grandson, Jesse, age 4 months :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! We have been busy the last few days. I think tomorrow will be a day of relaxation and NO cooking! Neil's toe is looking infected again so we may need to make a quick trip in to the Dr. and lucky Neil gets a massage tomorrow. I am wondering why I didn't make an appointment for one for me as well. Def. not thinking!

Our temperatures have been moderate but the winds are so cold.

I just wanted to say Hi and will be back soon to do a longer post. Take care everyone and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Irene, you did upload the pictures you want to post on photobucket didn't you?
  • Sandydur
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    new profile picture is grandson, Jesse, age 4 months :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Oh Barbie he is so darn cute!!!1 :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I have been looking for a site like this ever since
    I joined. Would like to be part of the group.
    I am 61 and live in Canada.
    I have lost 18 lbs. so far but I am up 3 pounds
    now because of the holidays.
    How often do you meet?
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and/or any other holiday or just plain weekend. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My Christmas Eve was wonderful, probably one of the best we ever had since the other kids moved out of state. :heart: :heart: I tried to post pictures but photo bucket is giving me a hard time posting, I need another source of posting pictures. :cry: My Christmas Day was good also, just very informal and being with my step son always stresses me since I never know what he might say. My little granddaughter was in a really good mood and that made it nice. :heart:

I have been awful as far as diet and exercise, I should probably be kicked off of this site. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I gained a pound or two but I am really going to go back to reality after the New Year!! No sense in even fibbing to you that I haven't eaten cookies and other things that I shouldn't. :noway: I wish I had the discipline as most of you, but I am weak. :blushing: :blushing:

Welcome Shirley!!! You found a great thread with lots of good people. We support each other with diet, exercise, health problems, personal problems (if desired) or anything you want to talk about. :heart: Most of us try to post everyday but some just read and keep in touch when they can. A lot of us are animal lovers and talk about our precious pets or what ever we feel like talking about any such day. Stay with us, let us get to know you and before you know it, you will have reached your goal. :heart: :heart:

Today is the first day I can stay home and do nothing and that is exactly what I am going to do.

Have a great day!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,000 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sandy, you are one of the most solid MFP members......as long as you keep trying you are a winner......so many people join and quit when the going gets tough......no one had an easy time over Christmas....even those of us who don't celebrate Christmas ate a few too many naughty things....you are part of the foundation of my life with MFP and I don't know what I'd do without you.......the problem with your step son is that he is always front and center......I have several family members who are erratic and irritating but they live two or more states away so I don't have to deal with them on a regular basis......keep on reaching for the detachment you need to get along with him.....and keep counting your blessings (like your little granddaughter :bigsmile: )

:flowerforyou: Shirley, this thread is one of four groups I connect to on MFP......I try to check in every day and post my food and exercise and read the threads.......most days I post a reply and usually try to reply individually to others......it takes time to get to know the others on the thread but it is worth the effort....one thing I really like is that if there is something on my mind, I can post it at any time....with friends and family you can't reach out to them in the middle of the night and say "aha, I just figured out that I can't keep peanut butter in the house because I want to eat it all the time" but my friends on MFP will read that and understand (and maybe laugh with me)

:flowerforyou: Connie, your son, daughter, and the cake all look fabulous.....good for her to use the sadness in her life as a springboard to learn new skills :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: yesterday after going to a financial appointment together, Jake said he wanted to go the new sporting goods store in town to see if they had one of those fake putting greens you can lay out in your living room to practice putting (he really misses playing golf in the winter).....i sort of rolled my eyes thinking of all the things I could be doing at home and why couldn't he do his errands by himself, etc, etc.............once again I was wrong :laugh: :laugh: the store had a huge selection of the wool socks I've been wanting to buy for myself but didn't want to drive to the next town to shop for....the store also had the shoes Jake wanted and didn't want to drive to the next town on the chance that the store might have them...........so we both had great success finding something we really wanted......later we went to Big Five and found the putting green on sale......:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:grumble: the temperature rose dramatically this morning so I think that means rain today so I'd better get the dogs to the dog park now while it's still dry.
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    Irene, you did upload the pictures you want to post on photobucket didn't you?

I went to photo bucket, copied the img thing, pasted it in my post, changed IMG to img. Tried it with {, (, [, nothing worked for me. I've done it before some time back. So this is a mystery to me.
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    ChristmasTwins.jpg This is what happens when I try to post a picture from photo bucket.
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    I went shopping for my next great grandchild soon to be born. It isn't as amazing to me to be a great grandmother as it to for my daughter to be a grandmother, and now my middle son will be a grandfather. It is a nice time to shop. Fred Meyers had almost all baby clothes 60% off. That is a good price.

Ralph goes in tomorrow to get all teeth pulled and dentures put in. Poor old soul. :cry: But he has had so much trouble lately that he is glad to be getting it done. I'll be sure to "baby" him for awhile.

Glad to have you here, Shirley. This is a great site with lots of caring people.

Thanks for your help Sandy with photo bucket. I may look for a hosting site I can understand better.

Everyone have a good day. God Bless.
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi to you all from sunny Saskatchewan! Like Sandy, the cooklies have been calling my name. I am so glad that I did so little baking because between my dil's and sister I have too much hanging around. I have to get my low cholesterol diet organized so I know what groceries to buy. Neil started his antibiotics today for his infected toe. I hope they work as quickly as they did last time. I decided to keep him home for a few more days so that I could monitor his toe. He sees his Dr. next week and the podiatrist the following day. I expect surgery will be the end of the month as long as we can keep the infection out. He is quite happy to stay here but am hoping he will be ready to go home next week. After the unexpected company for dinner last night I am glad to do nothing today. Hurray for leftovers!

Irene -- sorry you are having so much trouble with photobucket. I have had trouble there as well so rarely go there. Of course, then I don't remember what I did the last time to make it work.

Connie -- Lovely photo of your son and granddaughter.

Barbie -- Yeah for your unexpected finds at the store! Your granddaughter is lovely.

Sandy -- No talk of giving up my dear friend!! We can't even feel guilty about our transgressions at this time of year! We will just jump back on that bus when it circles by and we will be fine.

Marie -- Hope you are well.

Shirley -- Welcome here. You can visit as often as you want and leave a message of encouragement or of personal need. You will find support here. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Take care everyone and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I don't know where this day has gone. But it surely has dissapear from me.
    It just been a rainy day here. the temp is mild tho, Surpose to get up to the 70's one day this week and bounce back down for New Year. And then time to think about Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gayla sorry to hear Neil foot is giving him problems again. On thing about it he has the best nurse there is to take are of him.

Irene I get those signs that Say it has been deleted. I just go back and pick out another one go back to my posting and click on edit and strike out the old one and post the new one and chang the upper IMG to Img and try again. at times I have had 3 of those notice, Its not funny. But I do love to used them.

Sandy I thought dasiy was so cute in your vidio. When we go to the store Sammy goes to the bags of grocery to see if he has a new toy. He can sniffed them out. and get them out of the bag and will not have jerry get it.

Barbie sound like you and Jake had a good shopping trip.
    Shirley a big welcome to you. We are crazy at times. But fun.

Connie A good picture of your son and grandaughter. and a very preety cake tpoo.

I didn't feell ike getting upa and take pictures But we had a wonderful time. Got to see there addition to the family 4 Geese. She lost all of her ducks. Don't know what happen to them. There are snakes in their stock pond and of couse all the wild dogs that come by.I think she said they have 9 dogs now. of their own but keep them in a pen except for duke. He is the leader of the pack and get to come in the house.
    See you guys tomorrow.

I am hoping to get my blackberries vinesplanted in January. I got to find me some to order
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    barbie, that little snowman is cut but not as cute as your grandson. What a cutie.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    Good morning everyone. The weatherman has been promising lots of snow for over a week. He finally came through. Our old snow had mostly melted off....but now all is white again and still coming down.

Ralph gets his teeth all pulled and dentures "installed" today. I feel so sorry for him. Our granddaughter, Sylvia, is going along so he won't have to drive home.

My scale has finally started to inch down a little. The surgery and chemo and stress threw everything off for me. But it is getting better. And...........ready for this?............I have a quarter of an inch of hair. It can only get better from here. I'll always be grateful for the encouragement and care I've felt from all you Senior Golden Sneakers. Thanks.

I'm glad for those of you who are my friends on facebook as well. If others are intersted, look for Irene Liberty on facebook. See you there.
  • Sandydur
    Options

My scale has finally started to inch down a little. The surgery and chemo and stress threw everything off for me. But it is getting better. And...........ready for this?............I have a quarter of an inch of hair. It can only get better from here. I'll always be grateful for the encouragement and care I've felt from all you Senior Golden Sneakers. Thanks.

I'm glad for those of you who are my friends on facebook as well. If others are intersted, look for Irene Liberty on facebook. See you there.

Irene, that is wonderful news about the weight loss but mostly about the hair growth. :love: :love: Your hair will probably come in thicker and more beautiful and you will be the envy of every one of us. :heart: :heart:

I hope your husband's surgery goes well and he is not in too much pain when he returns.
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    Thanks Sandy for the encouraging words.:smile::smile: :smile:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Wonderfull Irene. Good new about the scales and the hair growt
    Hope you husband is not in too much pain.And has a nice reovery. Love your vegeie pictures. Look so good.