Pregnancy - December 2010

Options
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a) wanting to drop some weight before trying to conceive (TTC)
b) (Trying to conceive) TTC
c) Pregnant

Most people weigh in on Wednesdays, however you can weigh in on whichever day works best for you!

Welcome all!

Replies

• MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone :flowerforyou:
    Today, I have my first U/S to see if everything is going ok. I'm super nervous but excited at the same time. I am feeling a little bit more pregnant everyday so I'm thinking that is a good sign. I've never had an U/S this early on, but I've also never had the complications that we had been having for the past 2 years either:grumble: so I'm not sure what to even expect. The cramps still come and go, but it sounds like that isn't much of a concern after reading everyone's responses.
    Anyway, I'm almost done with work and off to do some turbo jam!
    Everyone have a fantabulous 1st day of December!
  • trish1215
    Options
    Great group. My husband and i have been trying to concieve for a while now and the doctor told me i needed to lose some weight. That was in september and I am 25 lbs lighter now and have a - for the most part - regular cycle. We have starting trying this past month and I am a few days late now - not trying to get excited because my body is probably still cleaning itself out - but lets cross our fingers. We have been married almost four years - two of which i never ovulated because i had gained so much weight that my body just stopped. I'm glad there are more people out there losing weight to make a family. Good luck to everyone!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I am active on the Fit for Future Family thread and we are actively TTCing. However, I like to keep up with all you ladies and hope someday to be able to join you. :heart:
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I look forward to joing you later when I become pregnant. I am in many exercise challenges now.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    WOW December 1st already. Not much longer for some of us.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies
    Happy December!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Seems like we're gonna jump from 1 holiday to another then babyshowers and woohoo our babies!!! I weighed myself last night and looks like I gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks. I know it was Thanksgiving but boy I can't handle that. I had eaten left overs for days and I am so guilty of eating the left over chips and dip. I am throwing that out today when I get home from work. I know some of you have managed to curb your weight gain or healthly loose some lbs. HELP!!!! I set my calorie at maintenance but it wants me to eat 2210.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies... Which veggies are the best to eat while pregnant? I am really not a veggie person but I am trying to up my veggies servings per day... I LOVE fruit which I could eat at every sitting but veggies... uhg...

I would not worry so much about which types, as much as actually eating them! :smile: Find something you like. I LOVE broccoli. I cat eat it plain, on a potato with cheese, mixed into various recipes... Also, sweet potatoes, I don't like them any way other than sliced really thin like chips and baked until "crisp" (they never really get crisp, just close). I love spinach ... on pizza! :laugh: Corn, i know it's more starch, but still better than some other things I could be eating! I love baked corn, which is some milk, eggs, and creme corn - not too bad for you and gets in some protein too! I am not a big veggie eater. I seldom sit down and just eat some veggies - i HATE raw veggies so I won't snack on them, but I try to work them into cooking. The lack of veggies is one thing I always notice in my diary, so I do try to eat more, but unfortunately, me eating more is still only like 2 servings a day!! Avocados (in moderation) might be good because of the healthy fats. Though I am not sure if they are a fruit or a veggie. Either way, they'd be good. I only eat them as guac, but you can do with WW ritz or Triscuits or something instead of chips. You can get in a lot of veggies too if you put them on sandwiches. A chicken sandwich with tomato onion and lettuce is a decent amt of veggies. And if you can work in one salad a day (I have a hard time with salads in the winter!) you can get in tons of veggies! Lettuce, tomatoes, shredded carrots, onion.... i use lemon juice as a dressing - zero cals and super tasty.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Seems like we're gonna jump from 1 holiday to another then babyshowers and woohoo our babies!!! I weighed myself last night and looks like I gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks. I know it was Thanksgiving but boy I can't handle that. I had eaten left overs for days and I am so guilty of eating the left over chips and dip. I am throwing that out today when I get home from work. I know some of you have managed to curb your weight gain or healthly loose some lbs. HELP!!!! I set my calorie at maintenance but it wants me to eat 2210.

I know, Christmas is right around the corner!! Something about being pregnant really has me in the Christmas spirit. Normally I don't decorate or do anything until atleast the second week in Dec, but we put our tree up lastnight!

I set mine to maintenance as well and I'm at 2020, which seems like so much when I was staying between 1200-1500 pre-pregnancy. I am 5'2 and weigh in at 188, and my Dr. only wants me to gain 20 lbs. She really gave it to me! But I was pretty much expecting that. No soda (check), no processed foods (half a check), low salt food (got it), excercise 30 mins a day (uh..sorta got it). So, hopefully I can stick to the 20lbs. I'm really trying to make healthy eating choices, eat until I feel full, and drink more water.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I think you can stick to the 20 pounds. I'm trying to gain as little weight as possible.
    I was really hoping to lose a little during first tri but that doesn't seem to be working out very well for me. :laugh: Before Thanksgiving I was back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. I don't think I ate like a maniac or anything but I do think I'm retaining a LOT of water weight right now and I'm up 2.6 pounds from last Thursday. I really think I'll be back down in a couple of days after I flush all the sodium out of my system.

On that note, my nausea is less than usual for the 2nd day in a row and I'm really starting to get my hopes up that it's nearly over! My mom said hers only lasted 2-3 weeks with all 3 of her pregnancies and mine started at 5 weeks 2 days so that's about 2.5 weeks. Soooo hoping it doesn't come back (and with a vengeance) but I have a feeling it will. I've even been able to stomach VEGGIES at multiple meals over the last 3 days! I normally eat quite a lot of veggies but I have been pretty much disgusted by anything other than cheese pizza for the last 2 weeks. :laugh:
    Now if the fatigue would just let up a little, I'd almost feel human again.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

I set mine to maintenance as well and I'm at 2020, which seems like so much when I was staying between 1200-1500 pre-pregnancy. I am 5'2 and weigh in at 188, and my Dr. only wants me to gain 20 lbs. She really gave it to me! But I was pretty much expecting that. No soda (check), no processed foods (half a check), low salt food (got it), excercise 30 mins a day (uh..sorta got it). So, hopefully I can stick to the 20lbs. I'm really trying to make healthy eating choices, eat until I feel full, and drink more water.

I just wanted to comment on the gain only 20lbs thing. That might work or it could be totally unrealistic. It would be a big red flag for me if a care provider at first appt said only gain 20lbs max. A range of say 20-30lbs or even 20-25lbs, but only a set number is not logical. You don't know yet even if you have more than one baby as I believe you have not had an u/s or if this baby is a boy, mothers expecting boys often feel hungrier and need a few more calories a day or if you just grow big babies. What if you watch your calories, eat well, and exercise yet gain more. Will you be chastised? And then what, not gain any more weight? That is unfair. I see it all the time, women told to gain x, or only y, or you gained too much or not enough.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Eat whatever veggies appeal to you in ways that you will prepare them. Veggies in stir fry, raw, salads, baked potato, veggie chips, kale chips, etc.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    thanks for you weigh gain comment mama! What you said really makes sense.

I would like to gain as little as possible (have lost 10 pounds during my 9 weeks so far) but I will be happy if I only go up to 220 (that would make a net gain of 20ish but would be 30lbs from now). I am just trying to stay below 250 (which is what I was when I started MFP). I will get back to running/walking once my bronchitis is gone.
  • ckmama
    Options

I just wanted to comment on the gain only 20lbs thing. That might work or it could be totally unrealistic. It would be a big red flag for me if a care provider at first appt said only gain 20lbs max. A range of say 20-30lbs or even 20-25lbs, but only a set number is not logical. You don't know yet even if you have more than one baby as I believe you have not had an u/s or if this baby is a boy, mothers expecting boys often feel hungrier and need a few more calories a day or if you just grow big babies. What if you watch your calories, eat well, and exercise yet gain more. Will you be chastised? And then what, not gain any more weight? That is unfair. I see it all the time, women told to gain x, or only y, or you gained too much or not enough.

I'm in agreement with this. I would be concerned too about the doc mentioning that on the first appt. My doctor has only said to eat smaller meals and get exercise and I am obese.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    :heart:

Hopefully I can join you ladies very soon! It is hard to believe that it's already December! When I talked to my Doc. about TTC she wanted me to wait till I had at least 2 cycles before trying. I have had one with no signs of Oing. So DH and I decided that we were just going to do what we want and not prevent or obsess over trying. We'll see if the Man Upstairs says it's time.

• ckmama
    Options

Hopefully I can join you ladies very soon! It is hard to believe that it's already December! When I talked to my Doc. about TTC she wanted me to wait till I had at least 2 cycles before trying. I have had one with no signs of Oing. So DH and I decided that we were just going to do what we want and not prevent or obsess over trying. We'll see if the Man Upstairs says it's time.

Good luck, keep up the hard work "wink wink"
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I can't believe December is already here! My 2 kid's birthdays are this weekend. So it will be quite the weekend. Only 16 weeks 2 days left...Yes I am counting down already.

Have a great day!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Well, today I decided I better switch full time to wearing maternity pants. I made that decision when the button popped off my regular pants while I was standing in my managers office. How embarassing!:blushing:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Well, today I decided I better switch full time to wearing maternity pants. I made that decision when the button popped off my regular pants while I was standing in my managers office. How embarassing!:blushing:

LOL. I didn't give in to what i like to call "fat pants" until month 7. I did the rubberband trick between 5 and 7 with my jeans, where you loop it through the button hole, through itself and over the button. Worked great! Unfortunately, I put on a bunch of weight once moving into the fat pants - like a turtle... grow to your habitat... I need some nice tight leg pants to keep me in check with the weight gain! :) (But in my "defense" we went on a cruise in mo 7, so I say that 15 of the nearly 50 lbs were cruise weight not baby weight! I would prob have gained it anyway!)
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

LOL! I can't imagine. The longest I went before getting into maternity was my first pregnancy at 13 weeks. I was expecting twins, which we discovered 3 weeks later. I like maternity, but I agree I need some tighter legged ones and in the butt too to keep me in check. It is easy to "grow" into them in more ways than one!