Pregnancy - December 2010

Options

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any tricks to help with swollen tonsils? They are killing me and I don't think there is anything I can take for it, just been drinking chamomile tea.

Try gargling salt water--if you can. The salt will naturally help to decrease the swelling. It tastes nasty but use warm water and it will feel really good. I need to do it--I am just afraid I will gag...I came down with laryngitis and a nasty head/now chest cold...
  • jessdawn1982
    jessdawn1982 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well ladies I'm official! I am 8wks 2days today. Go for my second appointment tomorrow.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried any gender prediction tests? My husband was at his friends and got all excited about them. I don't really believe any of them work but he is all into it :D

You know they will be right at least 50% of the time. :wink:

PS on talking about carrying high or low or big round belly vs oval and high and round being a girl and low and oval being a boy... well, I was preg the same time as my cousin's girlfriend who had a girl and me a boy. Everyone said - oh yes hers is obviously a girl! Look how high and round her belly is and yours is so low and not like a basketball your's is obviously a boy .... I would just laugh at this.... see.... I am about almost 20 inches taller than she is! Of COURSE her belly stuck straight out! Her torso is like 1/2 the length of mine! :laugh:
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    This is the only Chinese chart that was right for me with my first three: http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/PredictSex.htm

None of the others I have looked at were right for all of them. Will be interesting to find out if it is indeed a boy and be 100% accurate for me. I am doubting it and think this is a girl.

Those of you carrying boys: What has his heart rate been usually? My girls were both in the high 160s and my son was always in the low 150s. This pregnancy the baby's heart rate is always 153.

Okay, on the topic of fitness :) I just finished walking my 6 miles for the day and kicked up the speed a bit today. I burned 751 calories and hope to get back to a routine here this week.

Have a great day!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    This is the only Chinese chart that was right for me with my first three: http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/PredictSex.htm

None of the others I have looked at were right for all of them. Will be interesting to find out if it is indeed a boy and be 100% accurate for me. I am doubting it and think this is a girl.

I noticed a lot of the Chinese charts on the internet don't take into account that the chart is supposed to use the woman's LUNAR age at conception, which will likely be about a year older than your actual age. The chart you posted does take that into account

The ones that take lunar age into account give me the answer dh and I prefer. :happy: Of course we're thrilled with either, we just think (naively and incorrectly, I'm sure) one will be easier for us than the other. My mom, step-dad, dh, and myself have all decided individually on what we think this baby is and we all agree. I guess we'll see!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried any gender prediction tests? My husband was at his friends and got all excited about them. I don't really believe any of them work but he is all into it :D

You know they will be right at least 50% of the time. :wink:

PS on talking about carrying high or low or big round belly vs oval and high and round being a girl and low and oval being a boy... well, I was preg the same time as my cousin's girlfriend who had a girl and me a boy. Everyone said - oh yes hers is obviously a girl! Look how high and round her belly is and yours is so low and not like a basketball your's is obviously a boy .... I would just laugh at this.... see.... I am about almost 20 inches taller than she is! Of COURSE her belly stuck straight out! Her torso is like 1/2 the length of mine! :laugh:

My SIL are both pregnant right now with boys. She has that perfect round belly that sticks out like a ball, but she is shaped very different, very stick like, no hips or butt with small boobs. i am very curvy and I carry very low and oval shaped. I carried both boys this way, and she carried her two girls the same way as she is carrying her boy.
  • ckmama
    Options

I noticed a lot of the Chinese charts on the internet don't take into account that the chart is supposed to use the woman's LUNAR age at conception, which will likely be about a year older than your actual age. The chart you posted does take that into account

The ones that take lunar age into account give me the answer dh and I prefer. :happy: Of course we're thrilled with either, we just think (naively and incorrectly, I'm sure) one will be easier for us than the other. My mom, step-dad, dh, and myself have all decided individually on what we think this baby is and we all agree. I guess we'll see!

Mine still says girl with this one. It's a boy.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

To be clear, I wasn't trying to insinuate the darn thing was more than 50% accurate! :laugh:
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

This one got my first right. And tells me boy for this second. Let's hope it's right! I am telling myself it is a girl though so maybe I won't be too unhappy if we do find out it is a girl. I had, before getting preg this time considered waiting to find out, but there is no way. I have to still wait 2 months. No way I could wait 6 more months! I would drive myself insane dreading a girl!
  • ckmama
    Options

To be clear, I wasn't trying to insinuate the darn thing was more than 50% accurate! :laugh:

I wanted a girl, but love my boys just the same. Stinking calendar teasing me:laugh:
  • ckmama
    Options
    Trying to come up with a baby name by the end of the week. We haven't agreed or stuck to anything so I made a list of my top15 or so names, I'm going to try to pin my husband down on at least 3 of them. We had 3 names picked out about a week before my son was born. We've been calling him Rocco or Paul Bunyun. Time for a reall name before one of them gets stuck.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

This one got my first right. And tells me boy for this second. Let's hope it's right! I am telling myself it is a girl though so maybe I won't be too unhappy if we do find out it is a girl. I had, before getting preg this time considered waiting to find out, but there is no way. I have to still wait 2 months. No way I could wait 6 more months! I would drive myself insane dreading a girl!

I can understand! My first was a girl and we didn't find out the sex beforehand. With our second we decided to not find out either. The pregnancy was fairly different (besides the HR) and I was CERTAIN our second was a boy. Nope she was a she! And the delivery room was not the place to be upset with hormones out of wack and everything. Of course I settled into reality and love her dearly and wouldn't trade her for the world. So with our third we decided it would be best to find out beforehand. And found out we were having a boy. Since we have both sexes we have decided to not find out again and let it be a surprise in the delivery room. We have a boy's name picked but no girl's name. Hmmm sounds familar ~ exactly how it was with our second. We didn't have a name chosen until we had to leave the hospital. That is how certain I was that she was a boy.

So what are your little one's heartrates?
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Well ladies I'm official! I am 8wks 2days today. Go for my second appointment tomorrow.
    Welcome! We're so close :D maybe we can learn
    together. I am officially 8wks 3days today my
    U/S. Due date is July 16, 2010. Here's to a
    happy and healthy 9 months! :flowerforyou:
  • pmaria10
    Options
    Hello Ladies! Glad to see that everyone is
    doing well. That Chinese predictor site
    is really fun thanks for the link dragonfly!
    According to that i am having a boy so
    we shall see. :) So, on Friday I had my
    first U/S and I got to see a little heartbeat
    i was in tears :) unfortunately DH couldn't
    be there but the tech told me that the next
    U/S he should come to and that he'll be able
    to see much more :) Seeing that heartbeat took
    all my fears away. I had some early bleeding and
    clotting so I was really on edge for the month of
    November. I'm finding that snacking often throughout
    the day really helps my nausea so i am trying to
    keep the snacks as healthy as possible.
    I started my exercise back up on Saturday my stationary
    bike that is and I really want to incorporate some weights
    now.

Happy Monday All!:flowerforyou:
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

I can understand! My first was a girl and we didn't find out the sex beforehand. With our second we decided to not find out either. The pregnancy was fairly different (besides the HR) and I was CERTAIN our second was a boy. Nope she was a she! And the delivery room was not the place to be upset with hormones out of wack and everything. Of course I settled into reality and love her dearly and wouldn't trade her for the world. So with our third we decided it would be best to find out beforehand. And found out we were having a boy. Since we have both sexes we have decided to not find out again and let it be a surprise in the delivery room. We have a boy's name picked but no girl's name. Hmmm sounds familar ~ exactly how it was with our second. We didn't have a name chosen until we had to leave the hospital. That is how certain I was that she was a boy.

So what are your little one's heartrates?

Yeah, that is what i am trying to avoid. I can just see not knowing what it is and breaking down in the delivery room and trying to give it back if it's a girl :laugh: At least this way I'd have several months to get used to the idea!

I have my first apt tomorrow (yeah yeah... I know I'm already 1/2 way thorough week 14...) so I'll find that out tomorrow. Who knows if I'll remember though. Those details I don't tend to really care about to remember.

PS, I swear, one of these days I am actually going to pay attn and get some work done rather than play on MFP and FB all day... but our industry is SOOOO busy the rest of the year that the 6 weeks Thanksgiving week to New Year's that it's slow and I get phone calls only from my boss and only about 60 emails a day vs 300.... I just can't bring myself to focus! I feel like i need to slack now to make up for all the unpaid overtime the rest of the year! :laugh:
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Did the chinese link, mine says girl.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My anatomy scan is tomorrow morning at 8:45. It seems like I have been waiting FOREVER. If all goes well, we will have them put a note with the gender in an envolope and open it on the 19th when our families fly in for my husbands graduation from Grad School. I have been secretly studying up on how to read an ultrasound picture, so maybe I can figure it out tomorrow rather than waiting until the 19th:bigsmile:
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,

My husband and I just found on Friday that we are expecting our first child :-) Prior to getting pregnant I was eating 1200 calories to lose weight, so now I don't know how many calories to eat. Can someone please help me out. I know that I probably need to eat more than 1200 calories but I just don't know how many more. I am not really hungry these days so do I need to force myself to eat or can I go with what my body tells me?

Thanks!
  • belladenyc
    Options
    Hey ladies,

My husband and I just found on Friday that we are expecting our first child :-) Prior to getting pregnant I was eating 1200 calories to lose weight, so now I don't know how many calories to eat. Can someone please help me out. I know that I probably need to eat more than 1200 calories but I just don't know how many more. I am not really hungry these days so do I need to force myself to eat or can I go with what my body tells me?

Thanks!

Congrats!
  • pmaria10
    Options
    Hey ladies,

Thanks!

Congrats!! Yay! Well for me early on I didn't need to
    add too much calories I was eating about what you eat
    but lately my nausea seems to go away when I snack more
    throughout the day so needless to say I had to listen to my body.
    So far I've gained 2lbs but it may be water weight cause I have
    been bad w my water intake. That's what I need to work
    on is drinking my water. How far along are you?