Like Minded Lushes - December

Options

Replies

• Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, lushes.

I didn't work out once this week, and I ended up drinking some wine last night with the neighbors. Hubs and I might cancel our Melting Pot reservations because I'm still feeling crappy, which would definitely cut down my wine consumption!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Crraving Japanese today so I am making Sukiyaki and bought some sushi and heating up some spring rolls and drinking a bunch of warm Sake!!!!!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    ooh Robin that sounds so tasty.

I'm still alcohol free this weekend :)
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I'm still alcohol free this weekend :)
    [/quote]

Good job!
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Well I've hit the red wine tonight. It's one of those days that gives me a wake up call as to how many calories I would have consumed if I hadn't been keeping track of them :blushing:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I had a wild girls weekend in Vail and proceeded to drink my weight two nights in a row. I feel awful today...
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    ouch!

Two days drink free last week, a record for us. Of course they weren't two days in a row, that would be a little much. :laugh: Getting there though.

Have all you lushes got your Christmas shopping done? Appears people either did it all on Black Friday or are waiting until next weekend because the mall and even Target was rather calm this weekend here. I have two more small items which DH will pick up and then his stuff (what to get what to get??) and a few stocking stuffers and I am done. Then on to the wrapping!

Have a great lushy or not week!
  • iawierz
    Options
    Well I kinda behaved last night:drinker: :drinker: ...but then proceeded to get REALLY stuck in the snow. :sad: :sad: Had to get rescued by my friends. :love: AND I burned all sorts of calories trying to get unstuck. It was a very adventurous night.:noway:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Wow, you did have an adventure!

A couple of drinks last night to go with the Chinese take-out we ordered. (No, I didn't log those.)
    0 drinks today. I think this week is going to be my sober week for December, so I figure I might as well start tonight.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    woof ... this weekend was NOT a great weekend for not drinking but since I do it so rarely it was okay (and it was my birthday weekend). I didn't really go overboard, but Saturday night I did have 2 glasses of wine and yesterday I had a beer and a glass of wine. For me, that's a lot. combine that with the food I ate yesterday ... well let's just say sodium is running crazy thru my body and water is (as always) my best friend.

Hope ya'all are doing well!
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    I've been baking and icing gingerbread cookies with the kids this afternoon :happy: Somehow though 2 of them seem to have jumped into my mouth and begged to be eaten, closely followed by a couple of glasses of red wine to wash them down. Now how did that happen? :blushing:
  • rjadams
    Options
    I've been baking and icing gingerbread cookies with the kids this afternoon :happy: Somehow though 2 of them seem to have jumped into my mouth and begged to be eaten, closely followed by a couple of glasses of red wine to wash them down. Now how did that happen? :blushing:
    Yum
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I hear ya yvonne....I baked all weekend making goodie boxes for our 65 or so customers and a few goodies ended up in my mouth. Washed down with a couple Captain n Egg Nog's. (my fave xmas drink! ummm...not so low cal!):blushing: Then followed by a couple Mic Ultra's. But I didn't get "tea totalled" either night this weekend and for me that's a banner weekend this close to xmas. :bigsmile:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Hi there lushes! Most of my calories went down in liquid form yesterday and boy did I feel in doing my workout this morning. Felt like I sweat out a bottle of pinot blanc! Back on track today, have leftover calories and not having a drink! Again will try for a drink free week! (What's my record, 2 days? Oh well, picked a tough time to cut back on alcohol!)
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options

Have all you lushes got your Christmas shopping done? Appears people either did it all on Black Friday or are waiting until next weekend.

Have a great lushy or not week!

Haven't shopped at all, just got the tree up tonight, taking a vacation day tomorrow and meeting my sister, depending on the crowds it'll be tomorrow or next Saturday!
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    its december.... avoiding the bubbly at holiday parties will be hard. I did just comeback from 2 weeks of yoga detox so i am booze and caffeine free.... and it is pretty insane. about 4 days into it i didn't feel like i needed to ever bathe or brush my teeth. seriously, once you stop putting the toxic things into your body, you start smelling differently, not to mention looking differently too.... obviously i will not live my life in a bubble, so what is your plan for a smart-boozing holiday?
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    I'm not sure I have too much of a plan. Obviously I will try to limit alcohol, mainly by sticking to only drinking some days and not others. I have to work for 2 days between Christmas and new year so that is the ideal opportunity for a spot of abstinence but over the Christmas weekend I plan on drinking a fair amount of wine. Not getting drunk, just enjoying a glass or 2 with meals. I'm also planning to offset calories by getting back to the gym. I'm planning on going Christmas eve which is likely to be my first visit since getting my back done. I am also going to take advantage of my kids love of swimming and take them a couple of times as my gym time is always limited because of childcare and this way they can join in. I'm lucky that my gym is only closed on the 3 main days over Christmas and new year and that my kids can get in to swim for free because of my membership.

Overall though my plan is to relax, have a great time with family, eat some nice food, drink some nice wine, work out a bit to try and keep the damage under control and then get right back at it in January :bigsmile:

Oh and I'm not going to drink from now until 23rd December
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Hi there lushes! Most of my calories went down in liquid form yesterday and boy did I feel in doing my workout this morning. Felt like I sweat out a bottle of pinot blanc! Back on track today, have leftover calories and not having a drink! Again will try for a drink free week! (What's my record, 2 days? Oh well, picked a tough time to cut back on alcohol!)

ooh I can relate to the working out after drinking alcohol the night before horror. I did learn my lesson once, but slipped slightly the weekend before last, 2 glasses of wine on Fri night and a bottle of beer on Sat night was enough for me to feel terrible at my session with my trainer on the Sunday morning. It was probably worse as it was just as I was starting drinking again after my month off. Well it's reinforced my vow, never to drink the night before a morning workout, I just have no energy, feel dizzy and sweat like a pig when I do...gross.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Monday=0 drinks
    I think all the partying I did is coming back to haunt me, I woke up with a sore throat and feel feverish. I should be able to without drinking tonight. There's a retirement party at Buca di beppo and my $25 did not include an alcoholic beverage so I will refrain, I think. If I feel better I can have a marg tomorrow!
  • rjadams
    Options
    I finally got an alcohol free day in there again. Monday = 0 dirnks.