Drunk rant about women

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    in terms of push ups bra's being dishonest- I feel like if men didn't put so much stock in how fabulous boobs were- we might not be so obsessed with making them bigger and higher- but that's kind of a chicken or the egg question- we'll never have a good answer.

So you DO admit that boobs are fabulous.
    [/quote]
    And see, this is another one.

I have had large breasts since I was 9 years old and they have NEVER been perky. I mean, obviously in a bra they are, but loose and carefree? Nope. (My nipples do point up, though.)

Yet in all my years of undressing in front of men -- and there has been more than one -- I haven't had a single complaint and none of them have refused to look at them a second time. Are they the prettiest in the world? Of course not. But saggy or perky doesn't seem to be an issue.

I think women believe they're being judged far more harshly than they actually are. And I find men far less concerned with little details of women's appearance than other women. There are always exceptions, but overall, it just hasn't been an issue.
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I never understand this argument. "You wear makeup! You change you're hair! You're lying! Liar!!"

Like, I'm sorry, do you actually believe I roll out of bed with a perfect line of black accentuating the shape of my eye, blood-red lips and flawless skin? Is it alarming for you when people change clothing? How do you function?

Babies have no concept of object permanence. Neither do horny men.
  • SarahRuthRuns
    SarahRuthRuns Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The minimum I can get away with at work is blush, foundation, eyeliner, mascara, brow pencil and lip gloss. I start getting social pressure if I leave off the eyeliner.

That's insane.

I'm at work right now in jeans, a sweatshirt, and sneakers. No makeup at all. And I let my hair air dry on my way to work this morning and then just pulled the sides up into a barrette when I got here. This is how I look every day.

I shave, but that's about it. I don't even own makeup, pushup bras or heels. I rarely dye my hair, and when I do it's only to cover grays (I'm starting to get a few...), and it's always the same color or really close to the same.

I don't care what anyone thinks, and I get no pressure from anyone to be any different. My husband likes me the way I am, I am comfortable the way I am, and that's all that matters to me.

In her defense it's really job dependent. You'd be sent home without pay if you wore that in my office.

But also that's a professionalism thing, separate from the dating world.

I get why there are dress codes and such for some offices, but when you reach the point where there is a minimum amount of makeup you are expected to wear, that's when I think it's insane.

I haven't been in the dating world in over 20 years, so can't really comment there. :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    The question remains - for both sexes - why are you making up your face/body ??

because everyone is entitled to wear whatever they want in order to feel like they look nice and feel comfortable - no matter what that definition of "nice and comfortable" is.

i think the biggest misunderstanding from people who prefer to look more casual (or in some cases extremely casual) when they leave the house about those of who don't is that "OMG it must take so much more time!!" No, it doesnt. it takes me 3 minutes to put my makeup on in the morning (i know because i've even done it at the train station when i had 3 minutes until the next station :laugh: ) and it probably takes me less time getting dressed because i primarily wear dresses which means i dont have to deal with top AND a bottom when getting dressed.

i cant speak for anyone else but i know that I personally dont own any frumpy/schlubby/dumpy clothing. so it's not like i need to run around trying to find something i look good in because everything i have in my closet i look good in. i can just quickly grab something that i happen to look fabulous in (and hello that would be why i bought it in the first place)

of course there are my workout clothes are warm ups, but those are for working out so why would i be wearing those when i'm not on my way to/from a workout anyway?

Yeah, but then you will deceit all the poor men and trick them into wasting an hour of their super important lives by taking you out on a date before realizing your eyelids aren't naturally sparkly dark blue and black! You evil lying woman!

that's OK because women like me eat unsuspecting men's souls. that sparkle on the eyelid is just part of the post soul-eating after glow
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    So my laziness is a virtue? Yay! I always thought men liked that whole gussied up thing.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I wear what I want, and I don't care who likes it or not.

If someone thinks I look fake then he can NOT ask me out.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    no no no no no heres how it went down

1. create unrealistic, unattainable standards of beauty for women
    2. build a multi-billion dollar beauty industry to sell women makeup and other products, tell them they are worthless without it
    3. Mock women who wear makeup as vain and fake, mock women who don't as ugly
    4. Code makeup as feminine, make the feminine shameful and embarrassing
    5. complain that women look fake and you get what you see with men because they cant wear makeup

stay woke please
    beaten to the punch, good show. :laugh:

No one MAKES you wear it. I do what I want. If I wear makeup it's because I want to. If you STILL give a carp what other people think by 25 it's time for some serious soul searching. Your worth isn't determined by 'society', unfortunately too many people still bow to the whims of others. Regardless of how someone looks or what they wear or how they shave/don't shave there is someone out there for whom they will be perfect. It's not up to us to try to define an individual but up to the individual to define themselves and if you don't like it , don't look.

I think your friend needs to grow up because his rant reminds me of something a teenager would say.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    the only place and industry i've heard of there being a need for makeup is if you work at sephora, MAC or a makeup counter.

as far as dating, i like to look my best but i also expect the same for the guy who i'm going out with.

i do find that a lot of this is also vastly dependent on where you live. when i lived in france i would dress the same and would be seen as normal.. same with NYC ( but then again anything is normal in NYC). when i lived in ohio i was seen as overly formal and called a snob. now i live in the bay area and work in silicon valley and i'm considered dressed up.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I don't like spanx. I think it's stupid and it misrepresents your body. I say wear the size dress you are supposed to wear, suck in your gut and make the best of what you got.

For isntance, if you have a FUPA, or a pooch under your belly button, DON'T wear a dress with a belt or over-the-belly-button pants that will acentuate it . Wear something that will sit right at your pudge so it looks less or wear the right top to cover it.

About dyeing hair, well, I'm not ready to go all grey and I don't look old enough so I will continue to dye my hair the natural dark brown it's always been and I leave it curly, cuz that's how it looks best. And it makes my olive green eyes stand out.

But people have a right to dress up if they want or wear chicken cutlets in thier bras if they feel like. I don't, but then I'm a little more secure about my smallish breasts and my big *kitten*.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    The minimum I can get away with at work is blush, foundation, eyeliner, mascara, brow pencil and lip gloss. I start getting social pressure if I leave off the eyeliner.

That's insane.

I'm at work right now in jeans, a sweatshirt, and sneakers. No makeup at all. And I let my hair air dry on my way to work this morning and then just pulled the sides up into a barrette when I got here. This is how I look every day.

I shave, but that's about it. I don't even own makeup, pushup bras or heels. I rarely dye my hair, and when I do it's only to cover grays (I'm starting to get a few...), and it's always the same color or really close to the same.

I don't care what anyone thinks, and I get no pressure from anyone to be any different. My husband likes me the way I am, I am comfortable the way I am, and that's all that matters to me.

In her defense it's really job dependent. You'd be sent home without pay if you wore that in my office.

But also that's a professionalism thing, separate from the dating world.

I get why there are dress codes and such for some offices, but when you reach the point where there is a minimum amount of makeup you are expected to wear, that's when I think it's insane.

I haven't been in the dating world in over 20 years, so can't really comment there. :)

It's not a dress code requirement. I'm not sure we have a dress code. It's social pressure. All the women wear about that level and if you wear less, there's a million different quiet ways that people let you know that you're not looking your professional best.

There is no way I'd wear a sweatshirt to work on a normal day. One of the reasons they pay me the salary they do is so that I can present myself in a fashion that represents this. I do, however, wear barefoot-style ballet flats about once a week and get nothing but compliments.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    I don't know. I think a lot of women do it because they feel like they have to, not necessarily to impress men, but to compete with other women. I dye my hair sometimes, I wear makeup, I sometimes even wear really tall heels. I don't think it makes me dishonest. I think it means I felt like wearing it. I do think if a woman consistently wears image altering items and claims to be all natural, that's pretty misleading. I also think that if more women embraced what they looked like naturally, as opposed to what Cosmo tells them is beautiful, they might not feel like they had to do all that to be considered attractive.

Yeah, I mean heels and make up are pretty standard and I think we all generally accept that. But there are some extreme make up techniques that can really make people look completely different. Heck, even when I wear compression shorts to the gym, it makes my body look completely different and I get more attention on my way to and from the gym than I do in regular clothes.

YEah, I sometimes see chicks with a sh%tloat of makeup on and really bleached hair and it's really too much and it's BAD and I can tell, that underneath it all, they are quite good looking but the make up makes them really ugly. Too bad, really.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    I tuck a sock in my pants, to feel better about myself. I also tell women I'm a millionaire. I do these things for me, to feel better about myself as a person. If a woman thinks I'm being dishonest that's on her, I'm doing this for me. *hair flip*

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Brilliant!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Also, to be honest, I'd dress up on a date. I want the person I'm with to be proud to be seen with me. If he has a problem with that, it's his problem.
  • McCluskey1128
    McCluskey1128 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    no no no no no heres how it went down

1. create unrealistic, unattainable standards of beauty for women
    2. build a multi-billion dollar beauty industry to sell women makeup and other products, tell them they are worthless without it
    3. Mock women who wear makeup as vain and fake, mock women who don't as ugly
    4. Code makeup as feminine, make the feminine shameful and embarrassing
    5. complain that women look fake and you get what you see with men because they cant wear makeup

stay woke please

I love this.
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Guy sounds a little bitter to me.

^ This
  • ValGogo
    Options
    Men don't look at the natural woman.
    Women accept the natural man.
    It's the way of the world, my friend.

Mz. Terry is a genius. Good Answer, sister! She's right you know.

(clapclapclap)
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

(clapclapclap)

No she isnt. That was a BS answer.
  • SarahRuthRuns
    SarahRuthRuns Posts: 118 Member
    Options

It's not a dress code requirement. I'm not sure we have a dress code. It's social pressure. All the women wear about that level and if you wear less, there's a million different quiet ways that people let you know that you're not looking your professional best.

There is no way I'd wear a sweatshirt to work on a normal day. One of the reasons they pay me the salary they do is so that I can present myself in a fashion that represents this. I do, however, wear barefoot-style ballet flats about once a week and get nothing but compliments.

This is likely personal preference more than anything, but I would never work a job where my salary was in any way connected to the way I dress or how much makeup I wear.
  • likitisplit
    Options

This is likely personal preference more than anything, but I would never work a job where my salary was in any way connected to the way I dress or how much makeup I wear.

And that's fine. I happen to like working in a professional environment, even when the social rules get annoying.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

(clapclapclap)

No she isnt. That was a BS answer.

Seconded. I wear clothes which flatter my shape, keep my hair trimmed, don't let my beard grow unruly; I also use deodorant, occasionally cologne, keep my nails trimmed . . .