Drunk rant about women

Options

Replies

• jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup and dress how I do because I love it

"oh will this attract people" never comes into my mind when I am getting ready

its all about me me me me me me and how I feel comfortable and happy

that being said I also have no problem leaving the house in zero makeup looking really ragged because who cares

And that is why I am your (not very secret) admirer!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

that being said I also have no problem leaving the house in zero makeup looking really ragged because who cares

on point.
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Seriously. You guys need to live in the gray areas.

Does make-up cover up things that a woman feels self conscious about? probably. Does make-up = untrustworthy liars? Not exactly.

What women do with make-up is no different than a man being on his best behavior. He comes to the door to pick her up. Opens the car door. Uses utensils. Refrains from releasing gas at the table. Why? Because he wants to project the best image he can when dating starts. Both people understand that this is the top layer of the person you are getting to know. And the more you get to know him/her the more layers you see. This is not a lie people tell each other, because the woman in makeup and heels and the man in a nice suit and fresh haircut ARE parts of those people. They are what they feel are the best parts.

I agree with this view.
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options

This mentality is wrong. You can't tell women where they are and are not allowed to go. The problem is not the fault of women so women are not responsible for changing their behavior. Asking women to stop going to clubs if they don't like how men treat them there is blaming the victim.

I don't think they're saying that she can't go to clubs. Just that she shouldn't complain about the kinds of men she meets there. Certain people partake in certain types of activities. People in clubs act differently towards others than, say, people in libraries.

This isn't victim blaming as there is no victim in this scenario.
    Exactly
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    i just got excited cause i'm drunk and wanted to come rant about women...soooo not what i expected the post to be about. Spanx and makeup is the least of my worries when it comes to women that are shady lol!!!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    But the sad thing is if a woman is only considered "meh" without those things, she is less like to be considered/acknowledged. So it seems like guys complain about women being "liars" about that stuff but then won't give us the time of day without it. It's a no-win, isn't it? I may as well wear the stuff I like at that point and just be happy with how I look.

Also some of those things are really obvious. Wearing make-up? Yep, he can see it. Wear high heals, yep, he can see it. Wearing a bra? Yep he can tell. The only less visible one is spanx. And if he gets to see that, he is probably feeling like a lucky fellow.

Conversely, man wearing girdle? Nope, she can't see it. Convincing fake beard? Nope, she can't tell. Platform shoes? lol I don't think he'd be taken seriously.

Besides, the only way to not lie about our appearance is to walk around naked constantly, being sure not to suck in our guts. Until everyone starts doing that (men and women alike), why would it be lying to wear a bra/ make up?

And I'm totally not up for a Whole Nude World. We'd all die in the winter.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Jenna marbles made an awesome video that would be a great response to this. I think it was a video about pushing your boobs up and covering them in glitter.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I tuck a sock in my pants, to feel better about myself. I also tell women I'm a millionaire. I do these things for me, to feel better about myself as a person. If a woman thinks I'm being dishonest that's on her, I'm doing this for me. *hair flip*

Ooh Sock in the pants! That's a good one!

Ladies, how do we feel about this? I think it's the male equivalent to a push up bra.

I agree. If a guy had a sock in his pants and looked huge, then we made it home and his sock fell out of his boxers, I would be surprised.
    OMG, the metal image is killing me! :laugh:
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between wearing a push up bra so the girls aren't hanging down by your belly button combined with a little bit of makeup, and caking your face in enough professional makeup to make you look like a completely different person while wearing a corset to make your waist 26 inches....

I view shaving our legs and putting on a little makeup as equal with men shaving their beards or waxing their chests. We all know it's know how they are naturally, but it's not enough to quantify as lying.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options

on point.

Ditto. I like to wear cute clothes. I like to wear makeup. But I'm not concerned about someone seeing me au naturale.
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between wearing a push up bra so the girls aren't hanging down by your belly button combined with a little bit of makeup, and caking your face in enough professional makeup to make you look like a completely different person while wearing a corset to make your waist 26 inches....

I view shaving our legs and putting on a little makeup as equal with men shaving their beards or waxing their chests. We all know it's know how they are naturally, but it's not enough to quantify as lying.

If he waxes his chest I'm so outta there!
  • aurorareigns
    Options
    I don't change my hair color, wear heels, change my breast shape, wear makeup or do anything to my hair.

Does that make me trustworthy? Hell no.
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    I think Chris Rock covered this topic pretty well. Shouldn't be hard to find with that there interwebz and YouTube stuff.
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Not what I thought, but,

I do what I want to feel good about myself.
    dont care if ya like it or not, moving on
  • strategicchibi
    strategicchibi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If I doll myself up, it's with very minimal make-up. I wear what I would wear to an outing, usually artsy or loud clothes, and some rainbow DC shoes. Any hair dying is done for my own self image. I may shave or tweeze my eyebrows, I may not.

I was lucky enough to find a guy who doesn't even care about not being able to shave my legs because of pregnancy, or about my stretch marks. But I still enjoy getting pretty for him. (Dying my hair black as we speak)!
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    There's a drastic difference between wearing a push up bra and cheating lol. I mean it's about wanting to look good and expressing yourself...I know plenty of guys that wear flattering clothes to hide things. I've even come across a few that wear concealer/foundation. And it's pretty obvious when women wear heels, push up bras, makeup, or whatever else. So if you're (general you) honestly expecting perfection when it doesn't exist, then it's your own fault for being disappointed.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Human female's sometimes adorn themselves as part of their sexual expression. Some men enjoy it a lot.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Funny
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    He should just ask out a woman who doesn't fix up, there are plenty of women who prefer the natural look...problem solved.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Funny

that was my line