which parent is the jerk in this instance

Options

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    i dont know a single person who has had lice, i remember inspections at school when i was young and there was always an announcement that we were lice free. considering a few people said lice are inevitable, are they really all that common in other areas?
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I understand both sides of the story as we dealt with lice 6 years ago and I still hate the thought of ever having to deal with it ever again.

I educated people on what I knew. Explained the treatments I used and how obsessively thorough I was being about the infestation..then I simply asked.."If I had told you that we had a case of strep throat or the stomach flu 2-3 weeks ago that was such a chore due to all the sanitizing I did and cleaning and treatments etc but that we are all feeling soo much better, would you still be asking to not come?" Catching an infectious germ like a stomach bug is actually more likely than getting lice...if they would attend after an illness but not after lice then they are being paranoid about lice because it gives them the willies..not because they don't trust you.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    id never be friends with anyone who ever had lice. dirty people.

(busts out laughing)
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    id never be friends with anyone who ever had lice. dirty people.

I hope you're trolling because you do realize that lice PREFER clean people's hair.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I think all of the people involved are over reacting.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Sounds like both moms overreacted.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else's head suddenly itchy?
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

+1
  • ValGogo
    Options
    Papa B is an over-reactive schmuck, Mom A is also over reacting to his over reaction, Mom B is caught in the middle. No good solution other than talk it out over beers and just let it pass.

Is is just me of is this Drama Free Zone kinda sexy? Whoops, wrong place for this

<<<<<<<<<<
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    According to my calculations you're both women arguing over nothing much of anything. Did I get it right?

storm-in-a-tea-cup.gif
  • JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

+1

me too. ick.
  • morethenjustmum
    morethenjustmum Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I would just like to add that I asked because I genuinely feel like I handle it badly and overreacted just a smidge ;-). My husband was not very helpful cause he is lovely and supports me to a fault. I needed the opinions of people who don't know myself or my friend so I could perhaps look at the situation with different eyes.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Mom B is right to be upset (although I think the info regarding the son could have been left out but I likely would have said the same thing lol). My sister did this with my ex sister-in-law and my two nieces and it caused a familial divide like you wouldn't believe. It's quite easy to see if a person is still infected post-treatment. And 2 weeks later? Yeah, lice sucks, it's a valid concern if someone is being treated for it currently. But not once all of the eggs/buggers are gone.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    I side with mom B.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    You're mom B.

And I have to say I side with the other folks. And it's nothing personal - you're getting overworked. They just want to make sure that nothing spreads.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    I would just like to add that I asked because I genuinely feel like I handle it badly and overreacted just a smidge ;-). My husband was not very helpful cause he is lovely and supports me to a fault. I needed the opinions of people who don't know myself or my friend so I could perhaps look at the situation with different eyes.

You're being very nice about it. I hope the friendship can be salvaged.

Good luck.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    To be completely honest, I also would have cancelled. Better safe than sorry. And they did make an attempt to reschedule, which is exactly what I would have done. That being said if it were my son that had the lice two weeks prior, I probably also would have been upset. Call your friend. We are parents and we all get a little nuts over protecting our children. I got into it with a friend over a TB scare. I called her and said I wanted to meet when she was cleared. I brought some beer we apologized to each other and it was done.

How is head lice even remotely comparable with TB? One is a harmless, albeit annoying, insect that can easily be killed with shampoo treatments from the pharmacy, the other is a killer disease of which there are several strains that are resistant to antibiotics.... I'm with you on the TB scare thing, but head lice are just an annoyance.
  • lessbounce
    lessbounce Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm not a parent but it seems a funny thing to be creating so much of a fuss about. Erm I had lice twice at first school, and yep I'm ok now - good job, nice house, fabulous husband, great friends and family.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Family A is overly cautious. Family B is overly sensitive. This is not worth getting upset over. Just let it go. :flowerforyou: