tricep strength training for women

Options

Replies

• zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Tricep kickbacks, skull crushers and DIPS (they won't help you spot reduce though)

thank you! i need to take a look at what these skull crushers are lol I'm such a newb when it comes to this
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    I just went through the book again, I still stand by my claim. It's good for form, but that's about it. People don't take advice in general. Stay around on MFP for a while, you'll see where I am coming from about my "assumption" which are correct. MFP has 3M subscribed memembers. I would estimate less than 5% of them are active.

It's a book design to teach a beginner barbell lifter good form and has an accompanying programme that shows them how to schedule and progress the lifts.

That's why the book exists. I'm not sure what else you expect it to do?

I honestly don't think she cares about those books, her interest isn't high enough in something like that.

you're right honestly i don't haha
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    lets just stop arguing the specifics and get to the point. no spot reducing. must work out whole body. use correct form. and be safe. do i have that right yet or no?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I just went through the book again, I still stand by my claim. It's good for form, but that's about it. People don't take advice in general. Stay around on MFP for a while, you'll see where I am coming from about my "assumption" which are correct. MFP has 3M subscribed memembers. I would estimate less than 5% of them are active.

It's a book design to teach a beginner barbell lifter good form and has an accompanying programme that shows them how to schedule and progress the lifts.

I honestly don't think she cares about those books, her interest isn't high enough in something like that.

I'm not challenging it for you. I realise your interest is low.

I'm doing it for all the other people who stumble across this thread so that they can get the right information if they need it. That's often why experienced members continue to post and argue with bad information long after an OP has obviously vacated a thread.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    lets just stop arguing the specifics and get to the point. no spot reducing. must work out whole body. use correct form. and be safe. do i have that right yet or no?

Yes.
  • zericaaaaa
    Options

Yes.

awesome thanks again to everyone for all the useful info, i greatly appreciate your time :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Alternating triceps kickbacks while in a plank. Do one set on one arm until fatigue, then the other.

ooooh that sounds brutal haha thank you! i'll give it a shot. I'm hoping to have some awesome before and afters for you all a few months down the line!

No one sees the problem here???

I see a couple. But if you haven't really done any strength training, I would just jump into tricep kickbacks while in a plank. I would suggest working on planks first and then maybe rows, not to mention just working on the actual form for the kickback if you haven't done it before.

But then again, I'd more suggest actually reading about strength training and learning basics and focusing on form instead of jumping into random exercises, as well as finding a complete body routine to follow that focuses more on compounds versus isolations (or includes isolations along with the compounds)...rather than just only doing tricep exercises.

yeah ive been doing a few aerobic workout dvds that I use arm and leg weights with. not very high-intensity but I just wanted to find a tricep workout besides the overhead extension. im gonna play around with some of these ideas and see how it goes. I do intend on looking up the correct form but I'm only starting with 5 pound weights so I think i'll be alright
    Look up weight lifting routines on youtube,google, bodybuilding.com.

(see everyone, where did she mention anything that she's going to be doing the "BIG LIFTS")? She's not interested in that. I bet she will stick with her current routine and add 5lbs dumbell kick backs or something similar.

Where did I say big lifts? I said compound. Even for compound movements, it'd still be beneficial for her to look up about strength training. Even the resources mentioned are good because they provide additional info about strength gains, hypertrophy/aesthetics, reps/sets and progression/deloading methods...all things that they'd eventually have questions about or may have heard and was curious about.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    this is the last time im going to post something so no worries i'll take my lack of common sense somewhere else

Maybe I seen you around and notice you where a bit rude yourself to people...

yeah for good reason. i never would just immediately make someone feel dumb for asking a question. I sure do get angry with people who are just senselessly rude

No one can make you feel anything over the internet. That'd be all on you taking it how you decide to take it.

You guys/gals need to all stop telling other people how to feel. I deal with drunk a holes for a living in a dive bar where I remove knives from train tramps and crackheads and pretty much the people on the internet have a lot more balls in being blatantly rude for no reason, probably because they'd get knocked out in RL. It's cute.

Does it make me feel bad? No, except I feel bad for the people doing it because they must have a lot of unresolved issues in RL if they have so little compassion that they have to get high on dishing out snark for no reason behind a computer screen. Sad.

2574445-4236261275-okaay.gif
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

oh-brother-o.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

*facedesk*

Well..I hope lurkers found the info helpful. OP, why not just go invest in some beachbody circuit training workouts then..like P90X, Insanity, or BodyBeast? That way you just follow a program and you don't have to worry about anything else?
  • zericaaaaa
    Options

*facedesk*

Well..I hope lurkers found the info helpful. OP, why not just go invest in some beachbody circuit training workouts then..like P90X, Insanity, or BodyBeast? That way you just follow a program and you don't have to worry about anything else?

i found the info very helpful just not the constant battle of 'whos right' and 'whos wrong.' all of you guys had great things to say. and yes i will! i am broke at the moment lol but once i have the money for a program i would love to look into it
  • zericaaaaa
    Options

*facedesk*

i found the info very helpful just not the constant battle of 'whos right' and 'whos wrong.' all of you guys had great things to say. and yes i will! i am broke at the moment lol but once i have the money for a program i would love to look into it

Can you workout in front of your computer, or do you have a dvd burner?

I actually could workout in front of my computer, i do have access to the internet through my roommates ps3 as well
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    On YouTube you can find some really good programs to get you started on the BeFit and Fitness Blender channels. The Butt Bible is on YouTube, also, and is a full body strength training workout, but you have to be careful of your form. If she's going too fast for you to keep good form, just go at your own speed. If you're interested in that one, it's lower body on Monday & Thursday, upper on Tuesday & Friday, and cardio of your choice on Wednesday & Saturday, then rest on Sunday. Each level is 2 weeks.
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    On YouTube you can find some really good programs to get you started on the BeFit and Fitness Blender channels. The Butt Bible is on YouTube, also, and is a full body strength training workout, but you have to be careful of your form. If she's going too fast for you to keep good form, just go at your own speed. If you're interested in that one, it's lower body on Monday & Thursday, upper on Tuesday & Friday, and cardio of your choice on Wednesday & Saturday, then rest on Sunday. Each level is 2 weeks.

oh that is awesome I will take a look at that when I'm home later today! thanks for the suggestion :)
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    OP, thank you for starting the thread. I learned a lot and need to work on the triceps. Sometimes, it seems people assume random guys know everything about weight training.

Women /know/ that guys don't know everything.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

oh that is awesome I will take a look at that when I'm home later today! thanks for the suggestion :)

Your butt is going to be very sore, especially on level 3. It's awesome. Make sure you have a sturdy chair to step up on. Also, I don't have a barbell, so I used dumbbells for the whole thing.
  • zericaaaaa
    Options

Your butt is going to be very sore, especially on level 3. It's awesome. Make sure you have a sturdy chair to step up on. Also, I don't have a barbell, so I used dumbbells for the whole thing.

Haha okay good my butt needs to get a good workout lol. i'll definitely have to get a good chair, (just moved into a new home) but I do have dumbbells so I will use them