What was the 1st thing you changed?

Options
missnatlyn
missnatlyn Posts: 15 Member
What was the first thing you changed in making steps to a better lifestyle? And go...

Replies

• FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Eat healthier foods and smaller portions, and of course exercise 8)
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Staying within calorie goal.
  • mikegerber1
    mikegerber1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    water instead of soda
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I started a journal and logged everything I ate and what I did or thought of for the day. On day 353 so far.
  • xixshaiyaxix
    xixshaiyaxix Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    getting on an exercise routine, even if it is still very low impact atm due to excess weight.
  • xixshaiyaxix
    Options
    this.
  • Tal_Kyrte
    Tal_Kyrte Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of an all or nothing person, so I didn't take me too long to plunge into the whole 'being healthy' thing. Conversely, it also doesn't take long for me to give up in utter devastation and surrender myself to a life of bitterness. Anyways. . . I started to exercise first, I believe. I would walk in the evenings and do pilates videos on youtube. Just little stuff. it didn't take long for me to realize that if I wanted big results, I'd have to do a lot more. So I cut out junk food and joined MFP. And thus the calorie counting began. . .
  • xixshaiyaxix
    Options
    also, removing soda completely (fell in love with water) from my life, and then journaling, then I was recommended this site by my bariatric team.
  • theotherblackguy
    Options
    Gave up eating fried foods, haven't used any type of oil to cook with since the day I started on June 2nd & I haven't missed it at all.

Infact no junk food at all, no crisps, no chocolate, no chicken nuggets, no chips/fries, no fizzy drinks, everything. Gave it all up & went cold turkey.

The way I see it, this is a challenge, and if you give in you've failed the challenge.
  • everrinder
    Options
    Replacing soda with water or unsweetened tea with lemon (so refreshing!) and keeping within my calorie goal. I only just started walking 1 mile per night for the last two weeks and will continually increase that each week until I reach about 3 miles a day. Baby steps, but you'll feel awesome in no time!
  • satantra
    Options
    I stopped eating nutella....I am still thinking about it every day.....
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    What was the first thing you changed in making steps to a better lifestyle? And go...

mind/attitude.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    the belief that I couldn't do it.
  • WombatHat42
    WombatHat42 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    cut out junk food(pop, chips candy) I mean I was never big on chips and sweets so it was easy to give them up pop was a bit more difficult even though I drank less than I did 8 years ago. Also fast food is completely gone, if i dont have time to eat I do a protein shake. I had already been used to recording foods but gotten out of it for a bit so starting that again has helped
  • nicoletteamber
    nicoletteamber Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm an all in or all out person which led to a good 7 lb loss from being super rigid. That was in the winter. Then came spring with birthdays, graduations, summer with more birthdays, weddings, vacations. I went right back up 3 lbs. This time around I'm trying moderations. Weaned myself off bad foods and huge meals. Incorporated a week of Insanity with the good foods (couple cheat meals). This week well I'm just not sure how to keep changing things with the goal of physical change in mind. Diet is the hardest part for me.
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Cut out Pepsi (all soda, but Pepsi was my fav)
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    the belief that I couldn't do it.

This.

I had to change my mind before I could start changing my body.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating cheese grits and hush puppies, and had grilled fish instead of fried. Also started drinking my coffee black, and only used 1 oz of milk a day.

Larro
  • allangirl
    allangirl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I recorded everything I ate, even when I went over my calories. If I couldn't be honest online I was never going to see change.
  • getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    The first thing was Coke and second was Starbucks coffee concoctions. If I am invited for coffee, my only option is black drip. There is nothing else at Starbucks that fits anywhere in my menu The added bonus is this has been great on the wallet too!