Replies

• bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    cutting soda.
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Logging everything for that wake-up call. Then cut out pasta altogether (to me anything but an extra large portion is not worth it). Took up swimming again after 30 years.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Logging everything for that wake-up call. Then cut out pasta altogether (to me anything but an extra large portion is not worth it). Took up swimming again after 30 years.

The way I worked around extra large pasta portions is to bulk them up with low calorie things like mushrooms and zucchini
  • garnerish
    garnerish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The very first thing?

My self loathing.

You can't change yourself if you don't love yourself.

The next thing was cutting out soda for water.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Stopped drinking a daily coke.
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Switched from Coke and energy drinks to Diet Coke and Sugar free energy drinks. That alone was a massive contributor to my initial weight loss.
  • adawson55510
    adawson55510 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    About 10yrs ago starting to eat breakfast every day
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i cut out chips and other crappy junk food completely for a week before counting calories. i worked them back in within a month or so once i got my intake under control
  • JanesGame
    JanesGame Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My attitude, went from being depressed and wanting results NOW. To small slow steps and a healthier outlook on life.

You wont do it if you're not in it, it just won't work
  • 178lbs
    178lbs Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    A couple of people have mentioned using journals - do you do that on here via 'My Blog' - sorry if that's a dumb question.

The first thing I'm changing is to consciously think about the calories I take in and the quality of the food I put in my body.
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Got rid of Sodas and Fast food....
  • Shelle58704
    Shelle58704 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started working out. I'd walk on a treadmill for a half hour a day, and worked up to an hour. Then increased my incline. After working out for a month, I really started looking at my food and making small changes there. In the past when I'd try to change it all over night I'd get burned out and I couldn't stick to it.
  • leiggilybuff
    leiggilybuff Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Stopped drinking my calories (gave up soda, Starbucks drinks and stick to water, tea, or black coffee)
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    No more pop!
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    my attitude - from being "on" a diet, to just living healthily for the rest of my life (hopefully)
  • Shelle58704
    Shelle58704 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A couple of people have mentioned using journals - do you do that on here via 'My Blog' - sorry if that's a dumb question.
    For me personally, I would journal (not food log) in a notebook. A journal for me is like siphoning off bad emotions. It's to the point now, just writing is very therapeutic. Right now I'm having difficulties staying motivated, and I know it's directly related to the fact that I haven't written in my journal in awhile.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Making excuses for being fat ("There's younger people at work fatter than me", "I'm middle-aged and in a sedentary job"). I realised I would only get fatter unless I did something about it. I started logging my food, and realised the only way I could continue to enjoy everything was to exercise to "earn" it :wink: Then I discovered Zumba and everything speeded up from there!
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Stoped eating candy for a month... lost over 10 pounds. That was motovation right there - however, the weight has come off very slowly since then!!
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Satisfying my cravings by substituting lower calorie foods for higher calorie foods. Like instead of fried chicken, baked chicken, instead of cake, melon, Also quit drinking sodas, diet or other wise. I was a true addict but I stopped cold turkey. Limiting breads, pastas and "white" foods. I still have them but not like I once did.
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What was the first thing you changed in making steps to a better lifestyle? And go...

mind/attitude.

Darn....beat me to it however it was the same for me