What was the 1st thing you changed?

Options

Replies

• FlowerFairy493
    Options
    I started reading up about diets. And discovered mfp...
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I switched doctors to one who would treat my hypothyroidism.

If that doesn't count for purposes of this question, the next thing I did once I started feeling better is I started walking for exercise.

add: (if there's supposed to be a lesson in these posts, I guess mine is to get your health checked and any hidden conditions treated, as your first step toward better health.)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    My way of thinking.
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Eat healthier foods and smaller portions, and of course exercise 8)

^^this^^ Essentially, get off your butt and pay attention to what and how much you're eating. Has worked for me:smile:
  • CogentLinkie
    CogentLinkie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Staying within calorie goal.

Same Here.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Logging accurately and walking more.
  • Luckyfish72
    Luckyfish72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I gave up fast food first, I was shocked at the amount of calories I save (and money) just by cooking at home. I usually cook the night before for the next day so I don't come home from work too tired to cook. It takes the temptation out of the drive-thru.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Attaching "good" and "bad" labels to food and feeling guilty why I eat the latter. Guilt and restriction were my main downfall for my previous diets.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Went back to my Jazzercise class, and started working out 3 to 4 times a week. Then I joined MFP to track calories.
  • ghouliejulie85
    ghouliejulie85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    In the beginning cupcakes, soda, chips and the majority of crap i was eating. Now i eat chips in moderation, soda every now then (because too much of it makes me break out..blech) and i haven't had a cupcake in a year (since i started this).
  • aleggett321
    aleggett321 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Bought a treadmill.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    The first thing i changed was to decide to stop eating sugar - as in refined sugars (fresh fruit has always been allowed and after three months i brought back in dried fruit but in extreme moderation, Honey and artficial sweetenrers are still off the menu because they make the food too sweet which triggers my unhealthy eating behaviours.

Just this month i am starting to experiment with cooking sweets without these added sugars. But will have to continue eating in very managed ways. My first one was a rose water flavoured orange fruit salad and then my second one a tarte with dried fruit and pine nuts.

Other than that i decided i could eat ordinary sweets foods in certain prescribed situations where the risk of overindulging is low.

I started doing htis over 7 months ago and have so far only had 6 sweeets or desserts. I've had No chocolate or no icrecream at all. I plan to do this for the rest of my life.
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating nutella....I am still thinking about it every day.....

You are so young with a long life ahead of you. And to know you'll be longing everyday until the end. Tragic. :sad:
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I first got my brain wrapped around the fact that if I made these changes, there was no way on this planet that it would not work. next came the I am worth it concept
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    The first thing was to start being more aware of eating out of emotions and actual hunger. Basically, identifying my triggers to eat.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    My mindset. It's also the most recent thing I changed since it's ever evolving.

The second was weighing and measuring my food.
  • juanpegler
    juanpegler Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    the belief that I couldn't do it.

How did you do this?
    This is my brick wall.
  • kathy6655
    kathy6655 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Changed my mindset from I can't to I can, took one day at a time and was realistic in my goals. I didn't put the weight on overnight so it's not going away overnight! Be prepared to love yourself and if you have a good day or week say well done to yourself you deserve it. Good luck on your journey :smile:
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    no more "pack of chips followed by a bucked of ice cream followed by a bag of nuts" :laugh:
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I didn't do any massive "change"

I just started tracking.. That was my change.