What was the 1st thing you changed?

Options

Replies

• mustangEvie
    mustangEvie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Cut out soda and fast food and starting logging my food in a journal.
  • Naughty_ZOOT
    Naughty_ZOOT Posts: 4,305 Member
    Options
    What was the first thing you changed in making steps to a better lifestyle? And go...

Bought Dr. Bernstein's Diabetic Solution, tested ALL foods and logged the glucose reactions (not just for diabetics), ditched ALL grains because they spiked my glucose. That started it all and my feeling amazing began.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating only pasta for food. Nearly cut it out for a while there.
  • rausharvey
    rausharvey Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My diet. I was doing the Daniel Fast and lost almost 12 pounds in a month without exercise. That's when it clicked, eating clean and non processed food does wonders.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Weighing and measuring so I would know what a REAL portion size looks like.
  • bdjncox
    bdjncox Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The best thing I ever did was make a commitment to bring my lunch to work everyday. I eat healthy items where I used to eat out almost everyday. Plus it saves a ton of money.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    No more soda was my first of many changes.. and I know I have more to come :)
  • S_Murphree
    Options
    Organization is essential. Plan meals, pack lunches. Pre-planning helps me.
  • TheSink
    TheSink Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I stopped listening to the people who post on this website.
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    Calorie count
  • Itslozzamate
    Options
    drinking water instead of soda
  • crissy976
    crissy976 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Quit smoking and started eating healthier. I replaced my cigarettes with bottles of water.
  • kittimiss
    kittimiss Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The first thing I cut out was that little voice in my head that used to say "What's the point in missing out on your fave foods if all you're gonna lose is .5lbs? What's .5lbs? That's nothing! At that rate you'll never reach your goal. May as well eat and be happy."

Once my mind changed, I found that my relationships changed. I wanted to be around other people that want to be healthy and fit. Then I noticed that as I gained those relationships, the relationships that I had built with people that seemed based on commonalities like sedentary lifestyle, excessive eating (ie. food is both love and an occasion) etc began to cut themselves out.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    the first thing i did was to start logging what i ate. it was a change, and helped me not only count calories, but to be more aware of what i ate each day.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    First thing i changed was letting the scale control me. I stepped on it on December 30, 2012 tho see a number I didn't like.

I realized I was the only one who could change it, and once I set my mind to do something, no one can stop me.
  • thepandapost
    thepandapost Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My journey started when I was 15 years old (26 now). My diet and lack of exercise habits were alarming. I started small, I stopped drinking soda and getting way too large portions of food. It definitely wasn't an overnight change which is probably why I continue my healthy lifestyle 11 years later (although I know a lot more now than I knew then :wink: ). It is the little things that add up and sometimes baby steps is the way to go.
  • alazio
    alazio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Don't know if I can say "changed" past tense, as i just made this resolution today, BUT...
    No more wishy washy plans to "eat healthier, exercise more, try to log each day..."....see how many outs I've been giving myself?
    As of right now: I will log every day; I will weigh-in every morning; I will NOT eat more than 1350 cal/day; I will jog every day.
  • MomforNoah
    Options
    Cutting out anything processed, which is hard!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    drinking a lot of water and only water
  • mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Water. I stopped drinking everything but water (and the occasional adult beverage). It was a tough change as I was addicted to Diet Coke.