For those who won't waste cals on chocolate...

Options
made by Hershey or Dove because you know what real chocolate tastes like, what's your favorite?

I am currently eating Endangered Species lavender mint creme filled dark, and it's pretty good, but these are my faves:

51YE8BoPXBL._SY300_.jpg

884_2962_large.jpg

chuao-chocolate-ictcrop_300.jpg

What amazing chocolate bars do you love? What's the most unusual that you've seen or tried?

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I love Hershey Kisses with and without almonds.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Lindt Intense Orange is my most recent favorite. Chocolove with sea salt and almonds is also fantastic.
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Eating Hershey's nuggets with almonds at the moment.. LOVE. BUT Ferrero Rocher are my absolute favorites.
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    0070865610041_500X500.jpg

Haven't had it in forever, but it is the definition of love. It is the definition of life.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Eating Hershey's nuggets with almonds at the moment.. LOVE. BUT Ferrero Rocher are my absolute favorites.

Ferrero Rocher was probably my first exposure to chocolate finer than the Hershey's/Dove crap (sorry for those of you who like it). I would buy a little pack to sneak into the theater whenever I went to the movies. Little did I know things like Lindt, Green & Black, Vosges and Dagoba existed.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I totally was not expecting this :laugh:

I actually like Dove. Can't stand Hershey.

I love Ferrero Rochers, my favorites are Suchard Rochers though but you can't find them in the US... fortunately :laugh: as they are like 200 calories a rocher. I just go nuts with anything that has hazelnuts or hazelnut praline in them so they totally fit the bill. But I love Godiva, Lindt and Ghirardelli the most. And Leonidas but it's hard to find here too. I like Trader Joe's brand as well. And Milka (but same, it's European). And Kinder.

I've never actually tried Green and Black. Frankly I still don't really trust myself not to eat a whole bar, and I don't like the idea of a bar being open and just sitting there for weeks either, so I stick to TJ 100 calorie bars in milk or dark, 10g code d'or dark mini bars, and Dove milk chocolate eggs (I stocked up at Easter... at this rate they'll go bad before I finish them all). Typically I don't like chocolates with stuff in them unless it involves hazelnuts.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I like all the chocolates
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Ghiradelli Yo Luv it frozen yogurt with almonds on top!
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options

This guy knows what's what.
  • ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love Hershey's special dark but haven't had them in ages.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Wow, we don't get such interesting flavours as Cinnamon & Sugar & Bacon in New Zealand. Sounds amazing. Today I had some black devil chocolates which have caramel and 3 types of dark choc (53%, 70% and 100% dark chocolate). Not too bad but not as interesting as bacon flavour.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    There's a beef jerky bar too that I've tried, and it's delicious but not as good as the Vosges bacon bars.
  • 00Allie00
    00Allie00 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I like to make chocolate and I had tried a dark chocolate and wasabi flavoured one by LIndt that was awesome. I made some using my usual chocolate recipe and some wasabi powder with some sea salt and toffee bits on top and it was delish. I'm kinda addicted now.

69775866.png
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    made by Hershey or Dove because you know what real chocolate tastes like, what's your favorite?

I am currently eating Endangered Species lavender mint creme filled dark, and it's pretty good, but these are my faves:

51YE8BoPXBL._SY300_.jpg

884_2962_large.jpg

chuao-chocolate-ictcrop_300.jpg

What amazing chocolate bars do you love? What's the most unusual that you've seen or tried?

Ok thats just mean! Where's mine???
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

This too!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I like any chocolate that isn't the cheap Easter stuff that tastes like wax. I liked the Trader Joe's milk chocolate truffle bar I got recently. I like their pb&j bar, too.

71329a6fcfb8d946bc6034dab1d10d2a.jpg
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the hazelnut chocolate from ikea, but I pretty much like it all.

I never realized chocolate was like wine to some people :laugh:
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    I'm dying to try these but I'll probably have to order them.

dc119d173fa3a89a_266812bc05d9f76c_Komforte_Chocolates.preview.jpg
  • devotedhufflepuff
    Options
    No one has mentioned Ritter. Some of my favorites or Joghurt, Vollnuss and Nougat. I also enjoy Milka. Although it's European you can actually get a very limited variety at Walmart. And Kinder eggs of course!
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I only really like milk chocolate. Favs being Lindt, Purdy's, and Dairymilk. Dairymilk Orange bars are amazing.

Hershey's is nasty.