For those who won't waste cals on chocolate...

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    L.A. Burdock in NY (replace o with i, geez the censorship). Their bon bon & caramrels are orgasmic and their mice collection is almost too cute to eat.

q7ph8g7

i could eat those SO FAST...white one's FIRST!
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    Lindt is my favourite - it's a damn good job I don't live anywhere that has a Lindt store (saw one in NY on a recent trip). I would be in there gorging myself all day long every day. Mmmm.

The strawberry cheesecake Lindt mention above is delicious! We are lucky here in the UK for a while our supermarkets stocked them. Including the little corner shop near my work. Lethal.

My fave Lindt are simple plain milk Lindor, drool, and this:
    48721_strawberry_detail.png
    The problem I have with other excellence ranges I've tried (orange and blueberry) is too much almond, not enough fruit, but the strawberry is all strawberry and is just mmmmmm.

Oh and I love these too:
    55804_lindor_strawberry_cornet_detail.png
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    okay so off the top of my head

Lindt ( the balls with the watery chocolate inside, blue bag I think)
    ghirardelli sea salt "soiree" with almonds (hubs makes paleo choc chunk cookies with this, *swoon*)
    nestle toll house chocolate chips (classic)
    peanut mnm's (iain'tnosnob) and nothing tastes better on buttered salted movie popcorn
    Chocolaté Ibarra--for hot chocolate like my grandma used to make
    the Hot Chocolate drink that was super rich from Starbucks?...forget the name
    See's Candy Almond Royals chocolate chew with an almond in the middle (hold me)
    Godiva Aztec chocolate trufffle thingie.
    I'm very partial to the gooey brownie bits in coldstone's cake batter batter batter ice cream they are the perfect amount of chocolatey for what the ice cream is

That's it for now.
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    For me its Hotel Chocolat choc's ....Expensive but SOOO very worth it. Not sure if you have them over in the states/other parts of the world yet? I'm even a member of their chocolate club, because what's better than coming home to find a box of chocolates on your doorstep? :love:
  • Solar_Cat
    Solar_Cat Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    For me the most alluring combination is dark chocolate and hazelnuts, preferably whole roasted hazelnuts. I used to devour one of these Lindt bars in a sitting (about 900 calories). Fortunately, they're not readily available in my neighborhood!

product_9534_large.jpg
  • laceyjjj
    laceyjjj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm in Seattle. I'm a fan of our local chocolate, Fran's and Theo Chocolate. For general grocery store chocolate, I enjoy Ritter or Dove!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Lindt 90%, 99%, Caramel & SeaSalt, and Chili. The first two are especially good with a full bodied assertive red wine. Sometimes I just do a 90% square and a lick of Himalayan pink salt.

ETA I forgot about the Oaxacan block chocolate with the raw sugar crystals mixed into it to be shaved into milk to make hot chocolate. Bought a lot in Mexico and ate it all as chunks rather quickly when we returned. Amazing! And we never did make hot chocolate, lol.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    See's Nuts and Chews candies.

imagejpg1_zps3a3627b9.jpg

Ferrero Rocher's are a close second.
  • rachiealx
    Options
    If I could afford it I'd eat Lindt dark chocolate with chilli, but as I can't I buy Sainsbury's basics dark chocolate at 35p a block. I keep it in the fridge broken into chunks and have a chunk every day after dinner. It's only 52% cocoa solids, but at 2p for a 26 calorie block, my purse and my belly are happy. :laugh:
  • glendeb
    glendeb Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Here is New Zealand we have a small selection, but my favourite is locally made Whittaker's. Delicious! I don't buy it often because it calls my name from the pantry!
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Real chocolate is hard to beat .

http://www.hotelchocolat.com/uk/ = scrummy
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    392728.jpg
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Real chocolate is hard to beat .

http://www.hotelchocolat.com/uk/ = scrummy

I was going to say anything from Hotel Chocolat is good.

But having said that, like most Brits I was born and raised on Cadbury. Can't beat Dairy Milk Buttons.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Since being married to an Englishman, I've really started to enjoy Cadbury Dairy Milk....
  • xRedRockerx
    xRedRockerx Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't really like chocolate all that much, but as a Brit girl I always go Cadbury's when I do eat it. During the holiday season they make these interconnected milk and white chocolate trees in a huge bar... oh my God, the whole thing'll be gone in sixty seconds if I get my hands on one.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Cadbury Cherry Ripe!
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Not had chocolate for probably 2 years - and no, not restricting - just not a chocolate at all!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    For me the most alluring combination is dark chocolate and hazelnuts, preferably whole roasted hazelnuts. I used to devour one of these Lindt bars in a sitting (about 900 calories). Fortunately, they're not readily available in my neighborhood!

product_9534_large.jpg

Haha yes. But you know what, I found some dark chocolate covered hazelnuts at Wegmans and they totally fill that craving - and somehow I can stop at one or two (like, 50 calories worth). They are delicious. Whole Foods might have some too.
  • FlowerFairy493
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lindt. And also Belgian chocolate. It's soooo good. When I tasted Lindt's truffles, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven... :love:
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I lived 15min away from the Bernrain chocolate factory in Switzerland. They'd sell broken up bars of otherwise excellent quality chocolates at very good prices. I used to get 1kg of milk chocolate and then indulge in all sorts of other flavors. The most exotic I ever tried was a cardamon flavored bar. My all time favorite was one with huge pieces of caramelized nuts :love:

I now live in Japan and I stopped eating chocolate because I can't find any decent one. I sometimes miss the Bernrain factory but then again almost all the weight I've lost is weight I gained during those chocolate indulging days :smile: