For those who won't waste cals on chocolate...

Options

Replies

• gelendestrasse
    Options
    I prefer Leonidas from Belgium but since I don't get there often there is Daffin's from Sharon, Pa.

The German chocolate in Aldi is actually pretty good too.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I knew this was a trap, and I clicked on it anyway.

:grumble:

Now where's my chocolate?!

(I like my chocolate dark.)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna leave this here...

41J1d4CLb9L._SY300_.jpg
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I freaking love this stuff.

20130603tastetesttjsmain1.JPG
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Lindt Dark chocolate Intense orange is my current favorite. I also like Green and Blacks 70% or greater dark chocolate.

I LOVE milk chocolate but find the bitter taste on dark will kill chocolate cravings but I can't seem to overeat it because of the bitterness. :) I actually like Dove and the Dove Promises are one of my favorite milk chocolate I may indulge on occasionally.
  • losingforgood120
    Options
    I like the brand Theo. They have a good dark salted almond chocolate bar.

I also like a local toffee makers... especially when they add hatch green chile to the chocolate. :)
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Used to eat the endangered brand, but the last few bars ended up in the trash. I like all chocolate but I tend to over indulge in milk, so I stick to dark. I tried the Chocolove almond and sea salt, not bad. However, not a salt in chocolate fan. I have a Theo bar as well to try.
    So happy to see this thread as it give me some yummy suggestions.
  • Rachifloon
    Rachifloon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Lindt and Green & Blacks have some fantastic chocolate flavours! But I have to say, I am MIGHTY jealous of all these fabulous concoctions posted on here from America, just oh my gosh. Cinnamon and bacon?! Unbelievable!! *_*
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow makes a chocolate Heavenly Crisp bar which is like a big kit kat but tastes even better and its only 110 calories. I highly recommend it.

https://www.skinnycow.com/products/detail.aspx?id=31

Enjoy!
    Mark

I love those too. I had a hard time not eating the whole box.
    I freaking love this stuff.

20130603tastetesttjsmain1.JPG

Ok... might have to hit TJ soon but it sounds dangerous :laugh:
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Lindt milk chocolate
    Godiva
    Reese
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I just like chocolate that I can afford lol. I'm not picky :tongue:
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Mother of God, we've discovered chocolate heaven : LeBrand tasting bar, sweet potato pie flavor! Omg omg omg!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options

41J1d4CLb9L._SY300_.jpg

I tried this, and while I love many flavors from this brand, I found the fake maple flavoring disappointing. Their potato chips bar and the one with pop rocks are both amazing!
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this here; we can all relate....

8EzGLM9.gif
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Most of that stuff isn't chocolate for me, it's candy bars!
  • hannhr
    hannhr Posts: 22
    Options
    I prefer chocolate made in Switzerland or Germany. I just came back from a long trip in Germany, and I brought a lot of chocolate with me, stuff you can't get here!

- Lindt blueberry lavender
    - Lindt nougat
    - Ritter Sport varieties: espresso, strawberry vanilla wafer, macadamia nut, + lots more

I like to check out the fancy chocolate sold at places like Whole Foods. Theo is one of my favorite brands.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    All the pretty pictures ...

I love Cadbury not made in the US. I buy mine through a British shop and usually end up ordering a few Dairy Milk bars each month. They also have an incredible Cadbury chocolate spread. I just use a spoon. It's incredible smooth chocolate and worth every calorie of chocolatey goodness.

:heart: :drinker:
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    ChildrenCryinNCoffee Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    0070865610041_500X500.jpg

Haven't had it in forever, but it is the definition of love. It is the definition of life.

This is my JAM,...er' CHOCOLATE! ^ ^ ^ ^
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    ChildrenCryinNCoffee Posts: 477 Member
    Options

41J1d4CLb9L._SY300_.jpg

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have (much) money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career (as a seasoned grocery shopper and extreme couponer). Skills that make me a nightmare for people (or chocolate treats) like you...blah, blah, blah...I will find you, and I will kill (eat) you.