For those who won't waste cals on chocolate...

Options

Replies

• chunmi
    chunmi Posts: 38 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    toblerone
    toblerone-pieces-web.png?itok=s7QWlScS
    hmmmm
    and
    schokoduo_artikel.jpg?1212582713
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    One of my old FAVs the doctor prescribed!
    IMG_4582.JPG
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Chuao Potato Chip Chocolate, oh look at you, good taste ;)
    I usually prefer dark chocolate, but there have been some milk chocolates that surprised me! These are a few of my favorites:
    #1: http://www.salazonchoc.com/products/organic-dark-chocolate-with-sea-salt-a-touch-of-organic-caramel = Salazon Chocolate Co., Dark Chocolate Sea Salt & Caramel
    #2: http://www.shopsucre.com/chocolates/chocolate-bars/sicilian-pistachio-and-rose-petal-chocolate-bar.html = Sucre, Sicilian Pistachio & Rose Petal Chocolate Bar
    #3: Tomblerone Chocolate
    #4: Chuao's Potato Chip Chocolate
    #5: Ritter Sport's Milk Chocolate Hazelnut (aside from this I only tried the Marzipan flavor, which I didn't like, but I hope to try more soon!)

My list is forever growing and changing as I try new chocolates :) I'm a bit of an artisan chocolate enthusiast, and my wallet hates me for it :x
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    SheGlows wrote: »
    0070865610041_500X500.jpg

Haven't had it in forever, but it is the definition of love. It is the definition of life.

Yum, Green & Blacks definitely.

I do like Cadbury's though, although I don't have it often.

Dove is a brand of soap in England :)

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    ^ I left one out, sorry!
    Chip'n Dipped Chocolatier's Dark Chocolate Marshmallow Sunday vegan chocolate bar! Super yummy! (I lucked out and found it at TJ Maxx one day!)
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    YUM!!!

Get your chocolate ON!!!

tumblr_lmuv1v1xbX1qf47lio1_500.jpg
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I read that some company was warned by the FDA for touting chocolate bars with gold flakes as a preventative for Ebola. I tried very hard to find one of these chocolate/gold bars because I wanted to buy one...not to prevent Ebola, but just as a conversation piece. I think now I'm going to have to create my own logo and packaging for a made-up company and put it on a Hershey bar just for the fun of it.

No gold flakes though. (*sigh*)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Haigh's is a current favourite, their dark choc anything is amazing. I'm super fussy about chocolate, so Lindt is generally my baseline.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    SheGlows wrote: »
    0070865610041_500X500.jpg

Haven't had it in forever, but it is the definition of love. It is the definition of life.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    SO mild and smooth for such a high cocoa content.

• Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Lindt, Ghirardelli, Whitman's sampler chocolate, basically anything with cocoa :)
    I try to go with the dark since I've found it tends to have more reasonable calorie and portion sizes, but it doesn't always happen.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I recently ordered some chocolate coconut haystacks from nuts online. (After all, I'm trying to be healthy with my cheats.) I keep a bag of them at work, and every day, I have 1 or 2 as a late day snack.

this whole forum topic made me reach for my bag, 2 hours earlier than normal... and I at 5 of them!....

I really shouldn't have kept reading and looking at all the delicious looking pictures.

If I list the chocolates I really love - Godiva is close to the top with their chocolate sea-salt truffles. Followed by lindt peanut butter truffles... and I know to keep those at home and not at work. :)
    -
  • akelly3391
    akelly3391 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Ghiradelli dark chocolate with raspberry
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I like Hershey and Dove, but omg.....Lindt milk chocolate truffle sticks are amazing. I just love Lindt....like...a lot.

ETA: and Toblerone!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    almost any dark chocolate is never wasted chocolate.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    akelly3391 wrote: »
    My favorite is Ghiradelli dark chocolate with raspberry

YES <3
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I love the Lindt white chocolate truffles...because I won't sully my real chocolate with added milk solids and cocoa butter...I would rather eat those things without the interference of chocolate.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    chilies_and_cherries_front1900_1.jpg
    Just tried some of this. A bit disappointing because it had more cherries than I would have liked and not enough chilies.

Chocolate coated biscuits are my current favorite.
  • frostedpoptart
    frostedpoptart Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate but I have to limit it due to GERD & kidney stones. So when I eat it...trust me. They are good. Very good.
    • Godiva - maple walnut truffle, milk chocolate strawberry bar
    • Lindt - peanut butter truffles, dark orange truffles, coconut truffles
    • Ghiradelli - creamy almond crunch squares
    • Hershey - cookies & creme bar (I also like almond joys but I realize it isn't quality chocolate)
    • See's Candy - I have a huuuge list. butterscotch square, milk/dark bordeaux, orange cream, strawberry cream, raspberry cream, key lime truffle, apple pie truffle, cafe hazelnut truffle, lemon truffle, blueberry truffle, white mint truffle, cafe au lait truffle, peppermint patties, peanut butter patties, maple walnut, scotchmallow, dark chocolate butter, marzipan, divinity, pnut crunch, california brittle, milk cocoanut
    • Ritter Sport - butter biscuit bar, milk hazelnut bar
    • Trader Joe - milk chocolate peanut butter cups
    • Green & Black - white chocolate bar
    • Lake Champlain - raspberry truffle bar, caramel filled bar, 5 star caramel bar
    And, of course, reese's peanut butter cups. Preferably the hearts/trees/eggs because the peanut butter/chocolate ratio is better.
  • grainned1983
    grainned1983 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all the chocolate here in Ireland is really good - Cadburys is hard beat but my all time obsession is Lindt Salted Caramel bar. I can only get the small one as I know I would eat my way through the big one easily. At the moment I am sticking to Freddo bars in one of their three varieties (plain chocolate, caramel filled or popping candy (a Christmas special)) as they are a little low calorie treat at the end of the day, 95 calories for one bar.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Most chocolate tastes like sickly sweet candy to me now. I'm a chocoholic -- always have been (and yes I'm using that term tongue-in-cheek before anyone gets angry about the overuse of addiction terms) -- and I always make room for small amounts of good chocolate in my day's calories. But since I have so few calories to devote to chocolate these days, I find I can't abide by the idea of devoting them to subpar or sub-quality chocolate.

I have a local chocolate shop that stocks quality single-source chocolate from around the world, and hosts tasting events and such. I usually go there and try something new each time, and then eat it slowly -- 1 square at a time -- until it's gone before going out and buying something else. I don't mind spending $10 on a chocolate bar if it's going to last me 2 weeks.

Here are a few recent ones I've bought:

dong-nai-72-dark-chocolate-by-marou-chocolate-5878-p.jpg

Marou Dong Nai 72% dark chocolate (Vietnam) -- tastes honey-sweet and has a nice dry texture.

41n9oZkGs7L.jpg

Amma Chocolate Organico 85% (Brazil) - creamy texture and fruity taste.

fleurdesel-rs-182x300.jpg

Hummingbird Fleur de Sel 70% (Dominican Republic) - one of the few fleur de sel chocolates I've found that's dark, not milk, chocolate. Delicious fruity taste with that perfect sweet/salty combination.

That's just the most recent few. There are soooooo many good chocolate makers out there!