How Many Tattoos Do You Have & What's Your Fav? Show Us :)

Options

Replies

• ShrinkingKari
    ShrinkingKari Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The only piercings I have is 1 in each ear. No tattoos for me. #1 I don't do pain. I cry when I stub my toe. #2 It is against my religion to get tattoos. Something about our body is a temple and we are not to alter it. Not sure why piercings are ok though.
    That being said, I always love seeing everyone else's tattoos and hearing the story behind them.

I did know someone that had 6-7 tattoos that were just dots. She would go in for a tattoo and they would get a dot done and that was all she could take. Apparently she kept forgetting how much pain was involved.
  • BadassSavageVix
    BadassSavageVix Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have 9 tats and 9 piercings. I can't pick a favourite, I like them all. I also have a list of around 9 tats that I'm waiting to get and only one more piercing that I will get.
  • MINDyourMOXIE
    MINDyourMOXIE Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have just the one. Still have a few touchups to it.

EbPHvwQ.jpg?3

That is beautiful!!!!
  • BzNova
    BzNova Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i have ten.

My wrists: one side has my grandfathers hand writing (love pawaw), one has my mothers (i love you, mom). both have passed away. both from cards theyve given to me.

my left ribs, one is a HUGE black crown, with my grandfathers nickname from from grandma, shes also passed away, was my way of getting them both in it, they raised me.

my right ribs, my childrens names in ribbons, under a bunch of pecock feathers, brass knucks and straight blade. very oldschool style and colors, probably my favorite tattoo.

my hips, nautical stars, was 18, first tattoo. :laugh:

my shoulders, left, a horrible horrible tattoo of what was supposed to be a rose, the guy had beautiful work, guess he didnt care about this one. right, another flower, flash, not proud of it, want both to be covered in a big shoulder piece

my foot, a very pretty dainty name of someone, in old school script lettering. i actually dont regret the tattoo, reminds me of the lesson attached to that person.

my front right shoulder/chest, a quote "an honest answer is like a kiss on the lips.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/trinitytrilogytattoo/10-things-never-to-say-to-a-tattoo-artist-or-pier-wqz2?utm_source=August+2014+No.+6&utm_campaign=August+Email&utm_medium=email&s=mobile

Loved this. Compiled by the folks where I got my tattoo. I have a hummingbird among cherry blossoms in memory of my Granny. ♡
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    i have ten.

My wrists: one side has my grandfathers hand writing (love pawaw), one has my mothers (i love you, mom). both have passed away. both from cards theyve given to me.

my left ribs, one is a HUGE black crown, with my grandfathers nickname from from grandma, shes also passed away, was my way of getting them both in it, they raised me.

my right ribs, my childrens names in ribbons, under a bunch of pecock feathers, brass knucks and straight blade. very oldschool style and colors, probably my favorite tattoo.

my hips, nautical stars, was 18, first tattoo. :laugh:

my shoulders, left, a horrible horrible tattoo of what was supposed to be a rose, the guy had beautiful work, guess he didnt care about this one. right, another flower, flash, not proud of it, want both to be covered in a big shoulder piece

my foot, a very pretty dainty name of someone, in old school script lettering. i actually dont regret the tattoo, reminds me of the lesson attached to that person.

my front right shoulder/chest, a quote "an honest answer is like a kiss on the lips.

Love your style and can see you with all of these tats! I would have loved this look when I was younger but times were different back in those "Olden Days" and I couldn't have gotten away with it let alone having tattoos, so I've always stuck to a retro 50's look now with the tattoos. You are Beautiful keep having fun with it! :happy:
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have a traditional half sleeve (that still needs some color) it has a mermaid, ship, treasure chest, and an anchor with a banner that says "Jeriko", which is my sons name and some roses for background filler. I have one word on each wrist "Lessons learned" , a dragonfly on my shoulder(which I could honestly take or leave. That's what I get for being 19 and getting tattooed on a whim,) I got my buddies name tattooed on my foot before he left for his second tour just to show love, and my other foot is a cancer ribbon piece that I had done for my aunt who later passed. Favorite is a toss up between the piece for my aunt and the one for my son. I also have my belly button pierced, snakebites, and gauges. I don't know how to post pictures lol
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    ^ I despise that point "wont look good when I am 80" at the point I would just be happy to be alive and hope that if I am still alive that I don't have so many medical problems that I would be wishing to die. I think those who have tats at 80, those tats would be the last thing on their mind to worry about and regret? I don't think I could ever regret looking at my body and seeing things that remind me of the good ole days lol

I must agree to this. I hate the whole "but think about how you will be judged by others when you are 70-80!!"

I dont care now, I wont care then.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I only have four tattoos -insert sad face. LOL
    My 1st was bats flying around a full moon on the hip ( Ouchie was only 18)
    2nd was cat's eyes on right shoulder blade. I later had this one changed now it looks more like dragon's eyes surrounded by tribal Wish it was a little more feminine though.
    3rd have 2 betas on my outside left calve with some water bubbles
    4th I have large set of cherries with the Chinese symbol for friend and her initials in between the two inside right calve ( a tribute to a friend who passed at 25 the morning after spending Thanksgiving with us) * Brain aneurism

Also got my nose pierced in my 30's. Leg's are my favorites.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    ^ I despise that point "wont look good when I am 80" at the point I would just be happy to be alive and hope that if I am still alive that I don't have so many medical problems that I would be wishing to die. I think those who have tats at 80, those tats would be the last thing on their mind to worry about and regret? I don't think I could ever regret looking at my body and seeing things that remind me of the good ole days lol

I must agree to this. I hate the whole "but think about how you will be judged by others when you are 70-80!!"

I dont care now, I wont care then.

Yeah, as I mentioned before I plan on growing old gracefully and nice tattoos in good taste will be graceful along with me! I'm planning on being an 80 year old Hottie! :tongue:
  • Chalk_Slinger
    Chalk_Slinger Posts: 1,012
    Options
    A written phrase: "In Case Of Emergency: Pull Hard" I cannot show it or I would be reported
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    That sounds cool, I know that's something to do with ancestry??? where are you from?
  • BadassSavageVix
    BadassSavageVix Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My nine tats are -

A barbed wire ring around one of my fingers
    A flaming skull just above my left ankle
    A tribute to my best friend on my back. I have the words he was going to get tattooed on him along with his DOB and DOD.
    A treble clef on my right foot which I've recently had music notation added to.
    A phrase in Urdu on my left wrist in tribute to a friend
    My nickname on my right wrist
    Stars on my chest
    A top hat wearing skull under a stage light on my left foot
    A pocket watch on my right calf

My nine piercings are -
    3 in each ear (two lobes and one helix each)
    Snakebites in my lip
    Tongue
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    A written phrase: "In Case Of Emergency: Pull Hard" I cannot show it or I would be reported

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • assthetik
    assthetik Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    there you go

vYDboDM.jpg?2
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I have three. One on my shoulder, one on my bum, and one covering my entire stomach. I just had the one on my stomach covered up with a new one in 2013 (took 16 hours total) since it was about 20 years old and semi-survived a pregnancy and a c-section (where it was sewn back together crooked!).
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of piercings really, but I do have five tattoos with my sixth being drawn up. My favourite is most definitely the two sparrows on my left ribcage. I got them done in bright colours, with each colour being a family member's birthstone.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    there you go

vYDboDM.jpg?2

Hnnnng

OP, I got 4 tats. One more fully planned but not drawn, toying with a couple as well.

The one I have planned involves thingsrelated to my home state NH and where I grew up. I want something to showcase my Avon Walks for Breast Cancer. And I'm debating about my family crest or just the motto...

Currently 10 piercings. 3 each lobe, right tragus, right rook, left daith, left cartilage. Used to have 2 more in left cartilage, a snug in left, industrial in right, both nips, and had two in my belly button (my belly button had antenna lol)

I want a new piercing because I can't cut off or dye my hair to change my look (growing my hair out to donate it again - its been too long).
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I have none. Nada. ZERO. :) And as for myself - from a religious standpoint - I don’t agree with them. I’m not judging anyone here. I’m not deleting anyone from my friends list over it. Ultimately, I’m responsible for me. I, personally, want my body to remain pure and clean of modification. I want to be recognized by other things, like my actions.

So full of judgement. And why even bother to respond if you don't have any?