so what are you reading lately??? any good?

Options

Replies

• Karin066
    Karin066 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Loved Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy. You might also try The Great Santini, his first book. A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Iriving - I'm rereading this for about the 10th time now. Just finished The Good Girl - Mary Kubics and One Kick - Chelsea Cain.
  • BethClicks
    BethClicks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I will! Thanks :smile:
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    .Lastly I'v just started 'The hundred year old man who climbed out the window and Disappeared' by Jonas Jonasson, which my goodreads suggested I would enjoy after reading (and LOVING) 'The Girl That Saved The King Of Sweden' by the same author. They're both entertaining, charming, smart, adventurous, and fun to read.:bigsmile:

Read those two books recently, both really good, but think the 100 year old man one had the edge, laughed all the way through with that one!
  • BethClicks
    BethClicks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Same here, I'm telling everyone who will listen to pick it up and give it a try :flowerforyou:
  • DianeFrannie
    Options
    I'm also reading Outlander. I can't believe I waited so long to read such a wonderful story. I can hardly put the book down. And you say you read all of them. Every one of them amazing? hmmmm? I think my family misses me. :flowerforyou:
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Since it's Halloween season, I've been reading H.P. Lovecraft short stories. :)
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Since it's Halloween season, I've been reading H.P. Lovecraft short stories. :)

Hopefully in the dark..in a silent house..where you can here every knock and creek of impending doom?

Huge fan of Lovecraft!
  • lujo321
    lujo321 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Imajica by Clive Barker. Very strange but very good I can't really describe it but if you like fantasy based on Earth try it

I re-read this every 5-10 years. Amazingly weird. Love it.
  • MADTennisLifestyle
    Options
    just finished few days ago awaken the giant within! awesome book if you want reading about self-development and improving in every are of life.

here the link:

http://www.tonyrobbins.com/ebook/
  • lujo321
    lujo321 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just re-read the entire Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. The last book has been out a while but I have put off reading it because I knew it was the last one. I am down to the last 5% and it is bittersweet. I have been reading these books for twenty years and while I am enjoying the last book I am sad to finish it.
  • stephb130181
    stephb130181 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm currently trying to get through 'Gone Girl', wanted to read it before I watched the film at the cinema. xx
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Just finished the Game of Thrones books (the ones that are out obviously!) and now I'm making my way through the Harry Potter books :)
  • js8181
    js8181 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    George Saunders "Civilwarland in Bad Decline"--a collection of short stories. Awesome. I just finished 'Special Topics in Calamity Physics' by Marisha Pessl, which was also great, but took about 50 pages to get really into.
  • AislingHunter
    AislingHunter Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Lastly I've just started 'The hundred year old man who climbed out the window and Disappeared' by Jonas Jonasson, which my goodreads suggested I would enjoy after reading (and LOVING) 'The Girl That Saved The King Of Sweden' by the same author. They're both entertaining, charming, smart, adventurous, and fun to read.:bigsmile:

I really enjoyed The Hundred Year Old Man! Had me laughing out loud at points :laugh:

I'm currently reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, which is excellent so far. It is quite slow going, it takes a while for anything to happen, and is painstaking about every detail even when it's unnecessary - but for all that, I'm really enjoying it.

I just finished reading the first Game of Thrones book, which was outstanding. I'm a fantasy fan though :love:
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Just finished Ken Follett's "Winter of the World", the second in his latest trilogy. The first is "Fall of Giants", and the third, "The Edge of Eternity" was just published. Long, but very engaging.
  • oldhippy
    oldhippy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just read Wolf Hall and Bring up the Bodies back to back. They were amazing. I am not a fan of historical fiction but this was something else. Brilliantly written, engaging and fascinating (author Hilary Mantell)
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading "Written in my own heart's blood" by Diana Gabaldon

It's book 8 in the Outlander series, love the series and wish I had starz network so I could see how well they made the miniseries movies.
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I just finished Return of the King, and now I'm about to start Watership Down. I'm having a nostalgic, books-I-love year :)

Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Watership Down are 2 of my all time favorites! Love love love them. Right now I am reading two books. The Golem of Hollywood by jonathon and Jesse Kellerman and How We Learn: The Surprising Truth About When Where and Why it Happens by Benedict Carey. I try to read non-fiction but it's hard for me to do that.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Robin Hobbs' "The Rain Wilds" series.... very good. Also, for about the fifth time, "The Name Of The Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss, one of the best books of all time and one of the very, very few that actually deserves to stand with "The Lord Of The Rings".
  • Andela87
    Andela87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and it quickly became my new favourite book. I've never read anything quite like it before. I highly recommend it to anyone that likes geeky things and/or 80's pop culture. Aldous Huxley's Brave New World is next!