so what are you reading lately??? any good?

Options
just finished " the betrayed" written by david hosp. it was a thriller but had a lot of history about eugenics which is the science of controlling gene pool through selective breeding such as mass sterilization to weed out " in what would be considered inferior genes. most of these programs were directed towards the handicapped or mentally retarded. --good read!!

Replies

• dot1212
    dot1212 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I posted somewhere? Not here but I just finished Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. It was excellent story of a quadriplegic and his caregiver. A lot more complicated than that and I cried near the end but a great read. Couldn't put it down. I am starting Racing On A Wire by Inge Moore. I think tnis one is revolving around the horse racing world.
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am rereading "Clockwork Angel" by Cassandra Clare Is book 1 of the trilogy so am rereading the first 2 again before I read the last one!

She is a wonderful writer and she also wrote the "Mortal Instruments" series that the first book was made into a movie!

I love Scifi action thrillers and these are some of the best books I have read in a long time!!
  • tmtost79
    tmtost79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, reading 'Monuments Men' and it is great. Highly recommend.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I recently read a graphic novel by Roz Chast called "Can't We Talk About Something More Pleasant?" and it was really great. It's about her losing her parents.
  • onetallmamma
    onetallmamma Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just starting Grapes of Wrath, for the first time.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Just started The Painter, by Peter Heller. Liked it enough to buy it after sampling, but not far enough to really say yet.
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    The China Study. Very good so far.
  • knitknat
    knitknat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just finished Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King. Loved it! Definitely and good and quick read. It is a page turner.
  • caseyjarryn
    caseyjarryn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The Fictional Woman - Tara Moss. I would definitely recommend it :)
  • happyapathy
    Options
    I'm trying to finish the A Song of Ice and Fire series. Almost done with A Dance with Dragons.
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    Finally reading the late Vince Flynn's last novel.
  • eshanimongia5
    eshanimongia5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg.
    So interesting and eyeopening!

And also just started reading Timeline by Michael Crichton. A genuis author.

Totally recommend both!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    Kosher Lust

I learned a lot.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I'm working my way though all the Ed McBain novels for the third or fourth time. Enough years have gone by that I don't remember too much of the plots.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    The Devil's Disciples by Anthony Read -- WWII Nonfiction

Vengeance Fantastic Edited by Denise Little -- Short Stories Sci-Fi/fantasy/Dark Fiction
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Last week I finished The John Lennon Letters edited by Hunter Davies and Rickshaw Boy by Lao She. Both were very good.
  • emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "The Time in Between" about a woman in Madrid who goes to Morocco with a lover, is jilted, and returns to her dressmaking to survive there during the Spanish Civil War, then returns to Madrid and becomes an Allied spy when many of her clients are the wives and mistresses of high ranking Nazi's during WWII. 3/4 of the way through and very, very good.
  • emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kelven23
    Kelven23 Posts: 51
    Options
    Golem and the Jinni

it is great so far