so what are you reading lately??? any good?

Options

Replies

• melody842
    melody842 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just finshed Doctor Sleep,the beginning of the book was slightly disturbing if you are super sensitive like me but I really enjoyed the book!
    Have any of you read The Fever series by Karen Moning? That series gave me such a book hangover, I couldn't read any other series for a while! ????????

yeah i had a big one after fever series..
    but i finally found another good one after a long time " EXPERIMENT IN TERROR" series
    if u havent read it,u shud give it a try
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendation! I just downloaded the ebook. ????????
  • emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    oohh no!! i left my book at work......hoping it's there when i go back tomorrow!! ---ugh !! bump
  • VelvetAndLace
    Options
    Finally bought 'How to build a girl' by Caitlin Moran. So can't wait to read this! Just finished rereading Angels and Demons after watching the atrocious film version.
  • emmietoby
    Options
    another bump !! ; )
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm all about fitness at the moment so I've just read Born to Run by Christopher McDougall, which was fantastic! And I've just finished Convict Conditioning by Paul Wade - about progressive calisthenics - Brilliant!
  • walk757
    walk757 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Little Mercies by Heather Gudenkauf about a veteran social worker....just starting to read her. She was highly recommended.
  • emmietoby
    Options
    oohh no!! i left my book at work......hoping it's there when i go back tomorrow!! ---ugh !! bump

i'm good !! my book is still on my desk!! bump!!
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Reading Allegiant by Veronica Roth. The last book in the Divergent series trilogy unless you count Four which I'll be reading too of course :)
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Reading Allegiant by Veronica Roth. The last book in the Divergent series trilogy unless you count Four which I'll be reading too of course :)

I loved the first book in the series but I could not get through the second book because it seemed like it lost it's edge. Maybe I need to give it a second chance!
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options

I loved the first book in the series but I could not get through the second book because it seemed like it lost it's edge. Maybe I need to give it a second chance!

The second book was more about the relationships it seemed. I zoomed right through it. The entire series has had me entranced but those 46 chapters just flew by for me. The ending was great and you finally learned more about the wall and what's beyond the gates. I won't say more though.
  • ajvilla629
    ajvilla629 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just finished Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King. Loved it! Definitely and good and quick read. It is a page turner.

I thought it was a great book. Different than most of King's other works, but his writing is amazing as always.

I just finished reading Stardust by Neil Gaiman and I am also half way through The Troop by Nick Cutter.
  • NC_Sean
    Options
    The Gold Finch - Donna Tartt

Excellent writing.
  • clensor1955
    clensor1955 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Just finished "Unbroken". One of the best books I have ever read.
  • emmietoby
    Options

is it the same one as " the unbreakable child " written by kim michele richardson?? it's a fast read and a good book!!
  • emmietoby
    Options
    Just finished "The Stranger" by Albert Camus. I find the French to be very interesting.

love his writings...
  • emmietoby
    Options

is it the same one as " the unbreakable child " written by kim michele richardson?? it's a fast read and a good book!!

after re reading your post i don't think it's the same but both are good!!
  • emmietoby
    Options
    Stiff by Mary Roach. A humorous look at dead bodies and what happens to them after a person dies, such as when they are donated to science and crash testing. Very interesting and funny. I recommend it.
    going to check this one out !! sounds good!
  • micheledavison39
    micheledavison39 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I just started The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi. Interesting, it's about a future controlled by calorie companies (rather appropriate for a fitness site?!). It's a bit slow going but a really neat idea.
  • emmietoby
    Options
    I just started The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi. Interesting, it's about a future controlled by calorie companies (rather appropriate for a fitness site?!). It's a bit slow going but a really neat idea.
    sounds like a good read !!