so what are you reading lately??? any good?

Options

Replies

• lukundo_
    lukundo_ Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm reading gentle woman. It's definitely a good read i feel every woman should read. would advise guys to go for the male version of the book i.e. bereolaesque.
  • emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    any others !!?? bump
  • emmietoby
    Options
    bump ....
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    The book I am about to read is Salad Samurai by Terry Hope Romero.
  • asha8907
    asha8907 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the last book in the Bluegrass Brothers Series. Its great!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I've recently read "Pecan Man" by Cassie Selleck (very good) and "Looking Back" by Belva Plain (good). Just starting "Undercurrents" by Ridley Pearson....
  • emmietoby
    Options
    bump
  • emmietoby
    Options
    bump
    bump
  • Deputymax
    Deputymax Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Reclaiming History by Vincent Bugliosi. I'm going to be on this one for a while, I'm a little over 400 pages into it but it has over 1800 pages. Examining the Kennedy assassination.
  • jacquesdiet
    jacquesdiet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "Breathless" by my fav Author, Dean Koontz
  • luciabanks
    luciabanks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Gone Girl. It is so good and I can't wait for the movie to come out.

i really enjoyed this one too>that is one evil woman
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Just finished "Gone Girl" and yes, well written, I couldn't put it down, it felt like I was addicted to the story and found it deeply disturbing, as though by reading the book I had opened myself up to harmful psychological manipulation.

Is this the book written by Gillian Flynn?
  • Bluwaves1
    Bluwaves1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bump. this is awesome! great way to get good book ideas!
  • KitKatbrew
    KitKatbrew Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am reading From Fat Boy to Fit Man by Eli Sapharti
  • emmietoby
    Options
    Has anyone read "Doctor Sleep" by Steven King? Did you like it? I just finished "The Shining"- so I feel like I should read that soon.

just got it!!! hoping that i enjoy it!! let me k now how you liked it ...
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am reading The Happiness Trap by Russ Harris. I think it has been around awhile but never heard of it. Lots of interesting suggestions for helping yourself deal with stress, anxiety, anger, emotional issues and the usual human miseries of life we all deal with. A most interesting thing to me is how negative and distracted most people are stuck in their stream of consciousness mind. This book has a light touch, is funny and but very insightful. Definitely recommend for getting motivated to get a fresh start in your life.
  • nay4444
    nay4444 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Gone Girl is awesome, and I just started Eleanor and Park which is a YA novel and is great so far.
  • gmdaniel
    gmdaniel Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    .I just finished reading JODI PICCOULT, "The Storyteller". I thought it was pretty good. It started out kind of slow but it turned into a good read. It is a novel very well written and tells a story about one of the most horrible crimes against humanity.

I think for me embedded within the story was the question of forgiveness....but then again you may come away with a totally different opinion.
  • emmietoby
    Options
    .I just finished reading JODI PICCOULT, "The Storyteller". I thought it was pretty good. It started out kind of slow but it turned into a good read. It is a novel very well written and tells a story about one of the most horrible crimes against humanity.

I think for me embedded within the story was the question of forgiveness....but then again you may come away with a totally different opinion.
    i have read some of her books ..i really like how she writes...

bump
  • emmietoby
    Options
    bmp.....thinking of getting "gone girl who wrote??