so what are you reading lately??? any good?

Options

Replies

• __Bad_Leroy
    Options
    About to start Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville. Can't believe I've never read this before.
  • emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    howdy to all!! i've been reading "imperfect strangers" written by stuart woods . it's a quick read . never read anything by him before but in a way he reminds me of james paterson. if you ever saw the movie "strangers on a train" by by alfred hitchcock ( very old movie) it's sorta of a take on the movie. the movie was good and this book is a take on it...like i said -fast reading and i do enjoy it!!

has any others read stuart woods books??

bump
  • emmietoby
    Options
    bumping thjis baby!!!
  • photochik71
    photochik71 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Currently reading the Outlander series again. On Voyager, the third one right now.
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Night by Elie Wiesle who still lives btw is a survivor of the concentration camps and the book is literally thinner than an inch-a breeze and you won't want to quit-it grips and locks you in from the first page! The book is a tear jerker-must not read... without tissues.
    I wanted to go to new york and meet this man before he dies-i don't think i will make it but its a small world..after all! Read it in sociology class at college and really powerful book…my heart ached a month after and the scenery will forever linger for the rest of my life.
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    The Mind Readers/ Lori Brighton
  • snowfairy28
    Options
    I'm reading Gone Girl. I want to see the film at the weekend so need to finish it first. It's really good.
  • emmietoby
    Options
    seems that many have read / are reading gone girl.... haven't read it yet ....but it's on my many , many books to read !!! hummmm i wonder if i will live to read all the books that i really want to read !!!! lol
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Robin Hobbs' "The Rain Wilds" series.... very good. Also, for about the fifth time, "The Name Of The Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss, one of the best books of all time and one of the very, very few that actually deserves to stand with "The Lord Of The Rings".

I absolutely loved "The Name of the Wind" and "A Wise Man's Fear" I can't wait for the last book to get published. Have you read A Song of Ice and Fire books yet? My friend recommended The Name of the Wind based upon my interest in the books Game of Thrones is based on. I definitely recommend them as well if you haven't read them yet.

I'm going on a cruise in a couple weeks, 4 days at sea so this forum post is a gold mine for my nook haha!

Recently I've finished the last book of the Sookie Stackhouse series, the last book in The Mortal Instruments series, I need to read the next book in the Blackdagger Brotherhood series, I believe it's called "The King" I'm also planning to read Mazerunner before I see the movie.

My taste in books is all over the place but it's mostly in the fantasy/sci-fi area
  • emmietoby
    Options
    howdy to all!!! bumping this baby yet again!!!!!
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Outlander series by Diane Gabaldon (8 books of 600+ pages) (again!) LOVE this series. now has a TV show on sunday nights. read the books first.! awesome story set in Scotland 1800's
  • linauranm
    linauranm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    half way through "Gone Girl' and just finished 'Genie and the Golem' both recommend!
  • climbinghigh88
    Options
    crazy love by francis chan

five love languages by gary chapman

Case of the Missing Servant by tarquin hall

how successful people think by john c. maxwell
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading:

"The Men's Health Big Book of 15 Minute Workouts" by Selene Yeager. It's not really a reader as much as it is a reference, but I've really enjoyed crafting workouts out of the exercises it describes inside

"The Universe in a Single Atom" by the Dalai Lama. I like his take on science and spirituality.

Both were pretty cheap in the Google Play store.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy historical fiction, I can highly recommend the Outlander books by Diana Gabaldon. There are 8 books in the series and they are about 1,000 pages a piece. I have savored every moment of each one. Historical fiction is my favorite genre. But these also have a wee bit of sci-fi thrown in with a romance storyline, of course!
    It is also now a series on Starz. They are on the 2nd episode and will cover the first book by the end of Spring '15.
    I loved these so much that I read them back to back and usually with a series I take a break. The companion books about Lord John are just as good.
  • emmietoby
    Options
    any one out there !!! bump!!!???
  • emmietoby
    Options
    finally finished " the heir" written by Barbara Taylor Bradford. i don't know why it took me so long to read ...seemed liked i would never finish it... it was ok never read her books before not really into romance usually read thrillers and true crime. i give it a b plus....
  • emmietoby
    Options
    howdy to all!! i've been reading "imperfect strangers" written by stuart woods . it's a quick read . never read anything by him before but in a way he reminds me of james paterson. if you ever saw the movie "strangers on a train" by by alfred hitchcock ( very old movie) it's sorta of a take on the movie. the movie was good and this book is a take on it...like i said -fast reading and i do enjoy it!!

has any others read stuart woods books??

bump

finished it!! the ending was just o.k. going to have a look don't know what i'll be reading next !!
  • Highway2Slim
    Highway2Slim Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just started reading Ash by James Herbert. Spooky thriller which is a bit out of the norm for me. Still, really loving Herbert's writing style.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    "What is the What" by Dave Eggers.