JOIN ME! 30 day Insanity/Turbo Fire hybrid program

Options

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Ladies - If you're thinking about Shakeology then check out my blog today for a very special offer!

Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    how has this hybrid schedule worked for all of you? i was looking at it and cannot wait to start it sounds like a gooood workout :)

For me that hybrid was great! I forget how much I lost during that month...maybe 5 lbs...but the biggest change was in my fit test results. I was so much stronger and my endurance was through the roof at the end of it.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I finished my race in 33:55.. 43rd place. (Sam for sure already knows lol) I feel pretty happy with that number. There were several hills in the race and I did walk some. But considering the terrain, I am pleased that I ran as much as I did. I haven't practiced for this race much as far as running goes. This was only the 4th time in my life I've ran (mostly) 3 miles at one time!

I did enjoy it. The first mile was a killer (mentally - because I knew I wasn't even half way) but once I saw mile 2 I knew I would cross the finish line in no time. I really feel like I accomplished something and I'm proud of myself for doing it. :)
  • telcochik
    Options
    WTG Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so impressed that you did it. Now go enjoy the rest of your weekend and eat some carbs!!!!:laugh:

Sharon
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Thanks Sharon! My legs are mad at me this morning.. I need to get in a workout (not a difficult one, though) to stretch them out!

Sharon - I've been looking at the bodymedia things again.. and I'm very tempted to get one. Did you also have the display watch or did you just plug it into the computer to get your information that way? The displays are expensive - around $80 - and I don't know whether I'm willing to spend the extra or not...
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    I found a code to get 20% off my entire order on the site, which made getting the display system only 20 more.. so I ordered it. I hope I like this thing. But either way, I wanted to give it a try so now i can know (almost) exactly how much I can eat and still lose. I've been looking into getting one for a few years now!

I bet these weight loss-products people love me. I don't buy the pills, but I spend a lot on dvds, programs, HRMs and the like.

I'm hoping this investement will be worth it! and hopefully it'll work properly and for longer than 6 months like my hrms did... :grumble:
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Didnt check in yesterday...but 20K is done! Longest run to date. So happy!!! Burned 1341 cals.

I am super proud of you too Lisa!! Hills are TOUGH especially if you havent been doing any hill work to train for it. And really 33 min is too shabby. Congratulations!!!!

And I am sure they love me too....I am always buying into the workout/fit life propaganda...HRM, magazines, clothing, dvd's, etc, etc...LOL oh well, I love it!!!

I am down .5lbs this week. Wasnt expecting it because its TOM for me. It decided to arrive right at the end of my race yesterday. Thankfully it was at the end and not during the middle. That wouldnt have been good. LOL

Going to get an Insanity workout in later, I think. Check back then ladies :)
  • telcochik
    Options
    Thanks Sharon! My legs are mad at me this morning.. I need to get in a workout (not a difficult one, though) to stretch them out!

Sharon - I've been looking at the bodymedia things again.. and I'm very tempted to get one. Did you also have the display watch or did you just plug it into the computer to get your information that way? The displays are expensive - around $80 - and I don't know whether I'm willing to spend the extra or not...

Hi Lisa. I didn't get the display watch so every night I would upload my info into the website to show total burn. I didn't think it was necessary to buy the watch when, for a little extra effort, I would get the same information.
  • telcochik
    Options
    I bet these weight loss-products people love me. I don't buy the pills, but I spend a lot on dvds, programs, HRMs and the like.

Your favorite Beachbody coach would love to love you too, Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • makinitcount44
    Options

Your favorite Beachbody coach would love to love you too, Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

or the herbalife lady...LOL

Did Max interval circuit tonight and burned 432cals. It kicked by butt as always. Im exhausted..,,off to bed to watch some tv. Happy sunday night :)
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Happy Monday girlies!

I did CLX Push 1 and stretch 10. I am starting an 8 week program (broken down in 4wks) for 1/2 marathon training. I am going to do 2x strengthening, and 3-4 days running working on speed and endurance and Insanity for the exact same reason. When I was doing Insanity last year during a few of my races, my speed had really improved.

With that said...I didnt officially finish the most recent 4 weeks (1 wk shy of) and only lost 1.5lb. But it is a loss and so I must not grumble. LOL By the end of these 8 wks I would love love love to make 138lbs. Let's see....that is 4lbs....that sounds completely doable right??? You would think. :laugh:

Lisa...how did your week start out with juggling school and new job?

Sharon...how is the push phase going for you?
  • mommie3car
    Options
    I just purchased :happy:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Morning Ladies! ChaLEAN Extreme Push Circuit 1 and Turbo Fire Core 20 today. Used my new 25lb weights for squats and my legs are burning right now!!!

Welcome mommie3car! Which did you buy...Turbo Fire or ChaLEAN Extreme? Either way you're in for a treat!!!

Great job on the plan, Sam and I think 1.5lbs lost is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!
    Sharon
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Sam great job with losing the 1.5.. that's a lot with you being so close to goal! I know you can reach 138 if you put your mind to it... you've got it in ya girl!

Sharon you're kickin CLX's butt - nice work!

I finally made it to the gym today and had a decent burn. I did some strength, and then walked the 5K I ran Saturday - at least now I know where an outside running area is that is exactly 3.1 miles.. it'll help a lot when practicing for the next one. It was such a pretty day I couldn't stay in the gym long!
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Lisa, hope you are getting all settled in your new routine. Great work at the gym and glad someone is enjoying the outdoors. We had an awesome week last week, but this one is chilly and raining and maybe a chance of snow at the end of week.

Sharon...my gosh Lady, you are going to have legs of steel. Way to go!!

I ran 4 miles and did some shoulders, tris and chest with the band and by doing some pushups and dips.

Thank you ladies...honestly toning up is more important to me then the scale, however for some reason we let those numbers run us. LOL
  • telcochik
    Options
    Heh legs of steel! What I'd really love is some noticeable GUNS to show off in tank tops this summer!

Today was a Turbo day...Fire 30 with weighted gloves and Greatest HIITs. HRM showed I burned 537 calories so I seem to be consistently burning on average 10 calories per minute during TF workouts and 7 - 8 calories per minute during CLX Push workouts.

Nice job on your workouts yesterday Ladies!

Sharon
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Sharon...your burns are amazing!!! You must really be kicking *kitten*!

I ran 5 miles with about 2miles of speedwork. Burned 416 cals.

Scale is moving and in the recent 2 mths that has been regular with the week after my TOM so even closer to the 140's will be amazing!!!! Hoping for the same this week :)

I cant wait to see a picture of the gun show that you girls will be sporting....
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Hello Ladies!!

End of the week is finally upon us...:love: I ran 3 miles and then did CLX Push 2. Burned 426 cals total.

Feeling good...eating pretty well and working out awesomely (I made that word up~ LOL)!!!

I had bought some jeans on clearance at the beginning of summer ('10) and bought them too small...thinking that maybe, just maybe I would get into them...and guess what??? Yep, you got it!! I fit into them. And they didnt squeeze me and they are single digit. LOL ohhhhh....the little things to make us smile. :laugh:

Happy Friday!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    WOW Sam that is amazing!!!! I think I'm ready to buy size 8 jeans too but haven't gotten myself to the Gap yet to try them on. So proud of all your hard work and success!!!!!

Ooh can't believe I forgot to post my workout results today. Push Circuit 2 and Ab Burner. Able to use my 25s on the lunges...just wait until I go out and buy 30s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next goal to achieve.:bigsmile:

Talk to you guys in the morning!
    Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    Happy Friday! Turbo Fire day for me today so Fire 45 is now in the books! HRM said I burned 459 calories and believe me I was workin' it!

Talk to you guys later!
    Sharon