JOIN ME! 30 day Insanity/Turbo Fire hybrid program

Options
I'm trying to plan what to do once I finish my Turbo Fire program at the end of this month and I think I'm going to create a 30 day Insanity/Turbo Fire hybrid schedule so I can try to take my cardio workouts to the next level. I'm going to start on January 3 (Monday) and the schedule will be geared towards 6x/week workouts for the entire month of January.

Is anyone interested in joining me? If so, I'll share the schedule once it's created and we'll set a date for taking starting and ending measurements to gauge our results after it's over. Who wants in on being PUSHED to get their FIYAH on???

Sharon

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I like Insanity and TF, but I get bored doing the same program day after day. Doing a hybird of those two sounds like a great plan!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Excellent Lisa. Glad to have you on board so we can go through this "INSURBO" journey together! I'll let you know once I've figured out how to put the 2 together. If you have any thoughts let me know.

Sharon
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I agree with Lisa So I would like to join with you! Let me know what the schedule looks like and until Jan 3rd Ill keep doing Turbb Fire to get more comfortable with the moves. Looking forward to it!

Sam
  • telcochik
    Options
    Awesome Sam! I'm going to friend you so we can stay in touch!

Sharon
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Can't wait to see what you come up with!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    I've got both schedules in hand so I'm going to take a stab at creating something. If you both PM me with your email addresses, I'll send you the draft for comments. We can create the best schedule together!

Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    So this is what we've created. Tweak it fit your needs. I'm planning to start on Jan 3 and will post the results of my fit test here. If I'm brave enough (after being on vacation for a week prior) I will also post my starting weight and maybe a picture.

Week 1
    Mon - Fit Test and Fire 30
    Tue - Fire 45 EZ and Abs 10
    Wed - Plyo Cardio Circuit
    Thu - Fire 55 EZ
    Fri - Pure Cardio
    Sat - Fire 60
    Sun - REST DAY

Week 2
    Mon - Cardio Power & Resistance
    Tue - Fire 55 EZ
    Wed - Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs
    Thu - Fire 60
    Fri - Plyo Cardio Circuit
    Sat - Fire 45
    Sun - REST DAY

Week 3
    Mon - Fire 60
    Tue - Max Interval Plyo
    Wed - Fire 55 EZ
    Thu - Pure Cardio
    Fri - Fire 30 and Core 20
    Sat - Plyo Cardio Circuit
    Sun - REST DAY

Week 4
    Mon - Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs
    Tue - Fire 55 EZ
    Wed - Plyo Cardio Circuit
    Thu - Fire 60
    Fri - Cardio Power & Resistance
    Sat - Fit Test and Fire 30
    Sun - REST DAY

Look forward to doing this with you Ladies! Do you post your workouts to WOWY? I do....usually I'm in there around 5:45am. If so, I'll look for you.

Sharon
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    I'm excited about starting this! I always do my weigh ins and measurements on the first of each month.. so i'll use them for this as well. I'm hoping this will help me to reach my goals of getting into the 170s by graduation (May 7). It's right around 20 pounds away. I just need to work on my eating habits. Thank goodness I like to work out! (most of the time anyway..)

Maybe I'll post a pic too so I'll be even more motivated to post a better one once we finish!
  • telcochik
    Options
    I can't wait to see what our results are going to be after that month! My 25th HS reunion is in July...I know I look damn good for my age but I'd love to get below 150 by then if possible. :wink:

Sharon
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Well we've both got something to shoot for then! That seems to help me.. My lowest adult weight was 176 and I was pretty happy at that weight. I've been struggling to reach it again for a while. I keep on setting dates and not reaching them. I don't know what my deal has been this past year. Actually I do.. stress! This has been both the best and worst year. So many good things have happened as well as a bunch of bad ones.

I just need to work on me no matter what life brings. I know I can do it! Like I said - the only area holding me back is eating.

Anyway.. just felt like I needed to get it out there. Putting it into perspective and knowing (basically) only one thing is holding me back, and knowing it's something I can easily work on makes it not seem so daunting.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi Lisa - they say recognizing your issues and putting them out into the universe is the start of how you can work to change things. I'm proud of you for doing that. Our 30 day journey together is going to be amazing. Can't wait!

Sharon
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Looks great! Cant wait to start it! And I am trying to be decent through the holidays so my fit test and starting weight arnt crazy. LOL!
    Lisa~ my issue is eating also so I am giving up junk throughout our 30 day program so I can get results from eating and working out right.
    Sharon~ you'll rock your reunion! And thank you for putting this together!

Sam
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    I went from Dec. 6 til tonight not even touching chocolate. My boyfriend and I made some fudge for Christmas.. so I tasted some. But I'm back at it tomorrow. We're giving it all away and I plan on sticking to my guns. I did pretty well this far, not gonna blow it now.

Giving up junk for the month sounds like a good idea. You only miss that crap for a week away - at least that's how it's been in the past. But that first week can sometimes be pure torture!! :tongue: However, it makes it better knowing someone else is in the battle with you.

Tomorrow is my boyfriend's family's Christmas dinner. After that it should be easier because I have more control of what my family makes! Just so I don't blow it, I'm going to go ahead and plan on eating some dessert, but only one small piece of whatever I think looks the best. Now that I've made a promise, I can't blow it. :)

*I WILL be wiser with my food choices!!!*

Hope yall are having a great weekend!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Love the idea of no junk food for 30 days. I swear, since I've been drinking Shakeology, my chocolate cravings have really lessened. Had a terrible day yesterday...wine and Chinese food following the horrible Giants loss. The evil scale showed a 4 lb gain this morning so I'm really feeling bad. Did Fire 60 just to sweat out the salt and I plan to drink extra water and really stick to my eating plan this week.

My husband and I are considering doing the 3 day Shakeology cleanse in January to kick start the New Year. I've got to get these last 3.5 lbs off my body for good!

Love your enthusiasm for our little INSURBO plan. Can't wait to get going and see how we all do. Have a great Monday!

Sharon
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    a cleanse sounds great! I am going to do the 5 day Turbo Fire. I know what workouts you do are suggested but I can go a few days of low cals and be okay...especially with all-the-crappy-over-the-calories-I-am-suppoose-to-have days with the holidays and EVERYONE bringing in us treats at work, which is sweet but frustrating.
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Sharon - I have Shakeology.. but I don't drink it like I'm supposed to. Maybe I should give it a try. What does the cleanse consist of?
  • telcochik
    Options
    How to Do the 3 Day Shakeology Cleanse

Directions
    1.Drink 3 Shakeology shakes a day (mix with water only)
    2.Have a salad in the evening for dinner with 4 ounces of protein, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and vinegar dressing, and 1 tablespoon of flax seed, chia seeds, or hemp seed
    3.Drink plenty of water. Coffee, tea, and herbal teas are okay, as long as no sugar or cream is added.

I know a couple of people that have done this (my Coach as well) with good results. Mostly I know that after a week in Napa with all the wine and great food I'm probably going to see a 4 or 5 lb gain plus my body will be toxic from all the stuff I don't normally eat. I figure even if I only get through a day of the cleanse that should reset things.
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Yeah.. I've never done a cleanse of any kind. Maybe 3 days won't kill me. :tongue: I think I'll give it a go! When are you starting?
  • telcochik
    Options
    LOL I don't know. Right now we're just conversing about it :wink:

If we decide to actually do it, I'll let you know when.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Ladies - I also posted this on the Beachbody message board to see if others would want to join our journey. Check out my thread http://teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/82165863