JOIN ME! 30 day Insanity/Turbo Fire hybrid program

Options

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Great job today Ladies! See you all tomorrow!
    Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    Good Morning! Did Fire 55 EZ today and Bodybugg said I burned 498 calories.

Can you believe we're halfway through week 3 of our little INSURBO program??? Time flies!

Hope you all have a great day!
    Sharon
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!
    Fire 55 EZ today. Burned 370cals. Not a huge burned but I felt like it was the hardest Ive worked doing this one. :grumble:

Still doing well in the eating department, however could do better.

I want to say goodbye to 150's this week so I have to work harder.

Geesh Sharon, great burn with Fire 55EZ!!! I am super jealous! Way to go lady!!

I am so glad to have done this workout with you girlies!! Thanks Sharon, for starting it! :bigsmile:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Pure Cardio - done. I burned 349 calories. I wasn't in it as much today. Could be because my home life has been crazy (to put it mildly) lately.

We had to go to my boyfriend's uncle's funeral yesterday. We were gone for that alone for 12 hours, and when we got home I was more exhausted than I have been in a long time. So needless to say, I didn't get my workout in.. and wasn't able to log all my calories. I'm sure it wouldn't have been a pretty sight anyway! Oh well, it happens (about once a week to me it seems like...)

I'm back at it today!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Ladies - I am equally happy that you both joined me in this little experiment. WE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did Pure Cardio and about 10 minutes of Cardio Abs. Bodybugg said I burned 368 calories.

Lisa - so sorry to hear about your loss. Take care of yourself and don't stress over the things that can't be helped. We're here for you Girl!!!

Have a great Thursday!
    Sharon
  • sonia2003
    sonia2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Aww Lisa, dont worry. I hope your bf and you are doing well. When you are emotionally drained, its definitely hard to even think of working out.

Did Fire 55 EZ, and I gave it my all but in the last 10 mins, I was just so exhausted, I ended up stopping 10 mins early. I did the stretch 10 about an hour later. But glad I got it in.

There is a TON of snow today, and it took me about 1.5 hours to get to work, and I am expecting worse when I get off, so I hope after all the traffic from snow, and when I finally get home, I will have the energy to get my workout in.

I LOVE the snow, just not when I have to deal with it on the road and driving in it!

Sharon - I am going to look into p90x once I am done this, or BBL. What are the best beachbody programs for weight loss? I dont really want to build up too much muscle until I lose these 10 pounds or so, and get rid of the fat.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Sonia - for me I found that a cardio focused program was best for losing weight...Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Insanity are 3 I've used and lost a lot of weight doing.

I wouldn't recommend P90X if you're not ready to commit to hour long workouts 6 days a week and while there are a ton of threads on MFP that talk about how much this program has done for folks you need to be realistic about how hard you're willing to work. Personally, I would start with either P90 or P90 Master Series first to "train" yourself for P90X. Both are excellent predecessor programs and you will be more than ready for the X when you've completed them.

I don't know anything about BBL but I've heard people say it gave them a tighter butt when they completed it. Again, this program is not geared for all over fat loss so I would include it as a supplement to another programs rather than just do it alone.

Does that answer your question? If not, feel free to message me and we can talk some more.

Sharon
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

Oh my goodness Lisa! I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope that you are doing as well as expected. Your boyfriend also.

I ran 3.5 miles today out in the frigid cold...with the wind chill it was about 4. I burned 319 cals and then I did Pure Cardio burning 258 cals for a total of 577 for the day.

So I was thinking that it seems we all have different ideas what we are doing next, which is alright, but thought maybe we could still check in here for accountablity. What do you all think about that?

I am scale obsessor and I do it to keep me hopefully in the right track and this thread and program (thanks to Sharon) came at the right time because it was the highest I had seen in 4-5 yrs. I know some of it was water weight but still. Today I saw something other then 150's...I am keeping my fingers crossed that I see that on WI day.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Sam, for sure we should keep our thread going. I wouldn't want to lose you Ladies just because we finish our little INSURBO month!

I'm going to move on and do a hybrid of Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme. I'd like to build some muscle tone (that I can see in the mirror) by the summer. I told you guys I'm going to Coach Summit in June...the last thing I want to do is look like I don't belong because my body is flabby...especially since my coach looks terrific!

Anyway, I hope you guys also share your plans for after as Sam suggested.

Now on to today's workout...Fire 30 and Core 20. Bodybugg said I burned 364 calories. Scale is looking ok today...I'm really hoping it moves down again by tomorrow's official weigh in so I can post a loss...right now I'm 0.1 higher than last week's result.

Hope you have a wonderful Friday!!!
    Sharon
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Thanks for your support everyone. It means a lot.

Sam - I'm so happy you saw a number out of the 150s! You must be very excited!

Sharon - hopefully your .1 gain will go away and take a few others with it, you're doing great!

Fire 30 and Core 20 = 475 calories burned. :smile:

I definitely want to keep up the thread. It's super-motivational!

I got on the scale and my weight is not going in the right direction at all. But the past few days I haven't been eating very well -so what can I expect?

That saying is so true that when it rains, it pours. It seems like it's been pouring for months now! Ugh.. I know eating is completely in my control, but stress from all this isn't helping me to make good choices. I was doing great and decided to eat a treat and then I've been craving them since. Most of the time I'm staying within my calories, but a lot of it is not healthy foods. Something has to change. I need to be strong for my family... (my 95 year old grandmother was in a wreck about 2 weeks ago, and broke her collar bone in 2 places. Now she's in the hospital again and things aren't looking good.) There seems to be so many other things going on right now, too.. I won't go there and trouble you guys with it.. but I need some words of enrouragement to snap out of this wanting junk and feeling bad phase.

Sorry to be a downer, but yall are very supportive of me and I really really appreciate it (more than you probably know)! I just need to get things I can change in perspecive and not worry as much about things that I can't change.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Lisa - I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. Remember, you're only human and stress like yours is hard to overcome so don't beat yourself up over it. It's easy to say..."instead of reaching for the [bad] food drink water, or take a walk, or whatever else" to take your mind off things. It's more supportive to say, figure out what comforts you and then (within reason) allow yourself a bit of comfort if you get to the point where it's all you're thinking about. You have us to vent to and you can always email me outside of MFP (telcochik@yahoo.com) if you need immediate attention.

Take care of you while you're taking care of all those loved ones around you. You're still pushing play so that has to be helping to relieve some of the stress (even if it's just for the 45 or 60 minutes you're active).

Stay strong, my friend. Things will eventually get better.
    Sharon
  • sonia2003
    sonia2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Awww Lisa, hang in there. I know how you feel by when things seem to go wrong with everything, one after another. The things that helped me the most was to somehow shift your focus and your moods into being more positive. I know when bad things start happening, I dwell on them, and then more bad things happen, so take some time, write in a journal, and write the positve things in your day, and once you start focusing on that, things will get better. Hang in there!
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Lisa~ Just take it one day at a time and dont dwell on what you have already put in your belly...just think postive and what and how you are going to reach your goals. Last week you worked your *kitten* off and that counts for something and you know that you can do it. Things get tough and life happens and I know it is easier said then done sometimes...alot of times actually. You are strong so hang in there. And we are here if you need us!! :heart:

I overate a little bit today so I needed to work a little harder then the schedules workout so I did Fire 45 and HIIT 15 burning 441cals. Scale is still down. :)

Sharon...you have been doing awesome with both eating and working out so dont mind the scale...it will make up for it in the long run. Stick with it!!!! I am sure you will look great at Summit in June!!!:smokin:

Ive decided do P90X (half of the workout) for strengthing with running or TF HIIT, and split up Insanity and TF on alternating days. I almost got my scheduled decided and happy I have a plan. Sticking and committing to 4wks seems like a much more manageable task then say 60 or 90 days. I feel like a failure when I dont complete the whole program...which Ive done plenty of times.

Week 4 is almost here ladies!!!
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Thanks again everyone! Yall really do make me feel better! :flowerforyou:

It just helps me to talk about these things that are bothering me and just get them out. I think my grandmother is doing a little better - so that's great news. :smile:

I did the Plyometric Cardio Circuit today and burned 470 calories. Next time I do it, I'm going for 500 calories. hehe

I still don't know what exactly I want to do workout wise. I think I may just do my regular random DVD selection. It works for me. And.. I go to the gym with a friend sometimes, so I hate feeling like I have to do two workouts a day. I love going to the gym.. I burn so many more calories there than with DVDs. I think it's 'cause the competitor in me comes out and I want to work harder than others I see. lol
  • telcochik
    Options
    Morning Ladies! Did Plyo Cardio Circuit this morning and burned 316 calories per my Bodybugg. Scale was down another 1lb. so I was happy!

Lisa, I am not a gym person so dvds work for me but certainly you should do what makes you happy. Workouts should be good for you not a chore. Even if you go back to the gym after this please come by and check in so we know how you're doing!!!

Have a great weekend! 1 more week of this craziness to go!
    Sharon
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Great job Sharon on the loss!!! And great burn!! I weigh in tomorrow so I am looking forward to seeing what it says.

Lisa, glad to hear that your grandma is doing better. And excellent burn with cardio circuit today! You WILL get 500 next time!

I opted to do cardio circuit tomorrow because I knew I wouldnt have time for a long run since there is FOOTBALL tomorrow heehee so I ran today. 7 miles in 64 min and I burned 570 cals

Have a great day girls!! Off to lunch ( a healthy one but having a coupole beers) with some ex co-workers.

*Sam*
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Don't worry Sharon.. I'm not going anywhere as far as this group is concerned! :wink: Besides, the gym is only a 2-3 day a week thing...tops. I like the gym when going a few times a week with a friend, but it too can get a little boring doing the same machines over and over. I have to have constant change in my workouts. Guess that's why I have a blue million DVDs. haha

Nice run Sam! You're doing a great job! Both of you are! :happy:

Oh and I think I may start the cleanse on Monday. Anyone else up for it? I'll need ALL the support I can get with that!
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Ooooh, I may be up for a cleanse. Which are you doing??? I am thinking the 5 day Turbo Fire.
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Happy Sunday girls!

Hope you are all having a good day. I was planning on doing Cardio circuit today but I'm thinking that I may take a rest day because I havent since we started this challenge. However, I may do it later...might guilt myself into it later. LOL

WI today. I am 148.5!!! I am excited. I dont have a .2 increment scale (only.5) and so I know that it rounds up or down. So its probably more like 148.6 or possible could be 148.4...either way the scale is down!!!
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    I was thinking about doing the Shakeology cleanse. I have quite a bit of it.. and I was looking at a few reviews of it - seems like it works pretty well for some folks. Hopefully it will do the same for me! I would do the Inferno one, but I don't want to have to buy extra things. I think I can manage buying some more lettuce though. lol But, we can always just check in together and report how well (or not) it's going!

Also, great job on the scales, Sam. I knew you would see a loss soon!

I did Fire 45 today. I like that one. I did it with weighted gloves and burned 563 calories! I can't believe one extra pound on each hand can make any difference whatsoever... but evidently they do.