JOIN ME! 30 day Insanity/Turbo Fire hybrid program

Options

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Bodybugg for the insight it's given me into how my body burns calories; however, it seems to give a lower burn result than HRMs. A lot of people using a HRM during TF seem to burn over 700 calories while I'm burning less than 500 during a 45 or 50 minute workout. I think it's all relative, especially since I don't really eat all of my exercise calories. If I'm under or over reporing it doesn't really matter as long as my eating stays around 1500 calories per day.

Sharon
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Sharon...I barely burn over 400 in the TF and Insanity workouts using my HRM. I have a polar F6. Its fustrating for me because I feel like I work my *kitten* off! LOL But thats okay. I am with you...If I keep my cals around 1500 I am okay.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Pure Cardio this morning...Bodybugg said I burned 346 calories. According to the scale this morning I am 152.9, which if that's the result I see on Saturday, means I'll have lost almost 5 lbs in 2 weeks of INSURBO! I'm not getting too excited yet since it's only Wednesday but thought I'd share anyway! :wink:

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!
    Sharon
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I did Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs today (632 calories). I just felt like switching it up.. which made me go through hell for 10 more minutes! lol I think if I remembered exactly how difficult Insanity is during the workouts, I wouldn't want to do it again! Nah, I like the results and like pushing myself. But I'd be lying if I said that thought didn't run through my head when I'm working my butt off!

Sharon - that's great! So glad we're doing this program. It's really nice to have a few people to keep tabs on workouts with.

My scale is at my parent's house.. so I've been without it for a few days. I'm hoping our time apart will make me really love what it says when I see it - haha.

I played around with my numbers.. I did have my activity set for lightly active, but I switched it to sedentary. It seems like I had a lot of progress last week when I was eating 200-300 calories under. It was at 1760, now it's at 1530 before exercise. I'm going to try it and eating back my calories to see how that works out.. I cannot wait to see the 180s again - I'm so close!

Also, since Saturday, I've burned 3632 calories! I'm definately taking full advantage of my rest day this week. I can tell my body is going to need it, and rightly so.
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    both of you are doing AWESOME in the weight loss department. I know I am below all that added water weight when we started but if I dont pick up my game I wont lose much if anything. You two are motivating!!:flowerforyou:

wk2 day3 in the bag. Burned 402 for the cardio and ab workouts.

All day I was feeling under the weather...just like over the weekend and since it doesnt seem to be lower then my head/neck I am sticking to the workouts.

I, too, like that it is just the 3 of us...(sonia doesnt seem to be posting often) it is sooo much easier to keep up with everyone! :smile:

Lisa~ how are you getting soooo many workouts in?? you are a manic! LOL
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Sam - this week it's mainly a challenge in another group to burn 3500. Then I saw how good I was doing and decided to see how far I could push it lol. And being snowed in didn't leave me with many options. It's definately not something I'll do regualrly. I usually don't have this much time on my hands!
    Hopefully you'll get better soon. It seems like everyone around here has had a cold or worse.. they're just going around like crazy.

I did Fire 60 today plus a Jillian workout bringing today's total to 773. And the week's total to 5005! I'm taking tomorrow off from working out... I'll do one Sunday instead.

Hope yall have a great day!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Wow Lisa that's amazing!!!

I did Fire 60 as well today and burned 524 calories according to my Bodybugg. We're all doing so great...so happy you Ladies joined me in this!

Sharon
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    did Fire 60 and burned 381. grrrr!!!! I couldve ran for that long and been close to 500 cals. That part of TF is frustrating to me...I dont seem to get a decent calorie burn like I do with Insanity or just running.

you both are going to see great losses at the end of this and I just dont think Ill see much....as far as the scale goes. I am irritated.
    But I am sticking with it and going to keep eating within my calories. And Ill see. (before i wouldve given up because whats the point right??)
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Great job, Sharon!

Sam, you gotta believe you'll see a loss and you will! I know sometimes I don't burn many with TF workouts.. at times they just feel really repetitive and I can't get into it. Maybe you would do better doing some of the HIIT workouts on TF days and add a little running in also? Just a thought. I know I've substituted a few workouts on days when I didn't want to do the scheduled one. Remember, after all, this is for you - so you have to do what makes you happy whether that means sticking strictly to the schedule or not. :smile:

I know I've got to practice running more since I'll be doing the 5K on 03.19. I'm so excited and nervous since it'll be my first race. But I've been wanting to do one for a while now... especially since I've proven to myself that I can run that long without stopping. On the treadmill I average 32-34 min to complete a 5K. I just hope the weather will be decent that day!
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    your right Lisa!! Ill just tryo my best and if I am feeling running instead or like you suggest running and HIIT I will. So, since I was bummed about my calorie burn ealier I went to DQ and had an ice cream cone. Not smart!!!

Just finished up 5 miles in 45min (469cals) to make up for it. Now I am only over by 33 and not 499. I feel better about it and I am going to kill it these next 2 wks. And then 2 more since that will make it my birthday weekend.

congrats on your first 5k!! It is exciting and nerve wrecking...not knowing what to expect and just hoping that you arent the very last person (atleast for me). Its so awesome to run along and have people cheering you on and the atmosphere is amazing! Have fun!!!

I have a 10k trail run saturday and I am just hoping that it isnt windy. We have snow on the ground and when I did the 5k in
    december it was a great day. Hoping for the same!! :)
  • telcochik
    Options
    Wow running is so not me but I'm impressed with your 10K and 5K efforts Sam! That's awesome!

Plyo Cardio Circuit today...Bodybugg said I only burned 284 calories. Does anyone else get low results from that one? I was surprised at the number because of the puddle of sweat I'm sitting in as I type this message. :laugh:

Scale moved the wrong way this morning :mad: but there's still time before this week's official weigh in.

Have an excellent Friday Ladies!
    Sharon
  • sonia2003
    sonia2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am FINALLY getting over the horrible flu or virus I had, and finally have managed to get some strength back.

I am a week behind, and I am on planning on starting my turbofire again today, since I only got a few workouts in before I got sick.

Back to it! YAY. I am excited, and hope I have enough energy to get it done today. A week of no workouts, and living off soup and apple juice has me feeling like I am starting workouts for the first time ever!

Seems like everyone else is doing great!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi Sonia! So happy to hear you're starting to feel better. I had some form of something these last 2 weeks...felt like the flu but then ended up being a cold. Hope you're able to get back to the Fire soon!

Take care of yourself.
    Sharon
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    That's good Sonia.. My cold kept me down a few days. It seems like everyone I know (on here and in person) has been sick recently!

Do yall have p90x? I do, and I was thinking about starting it after we're done with this...(can you believe we're almost half way through?!?!) I got it for Christmas '09 and still haven't even attempted it. I've subed in some of the cardio workouts from time to time though..
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Wow running is so not me but I'm impressed with your 10K and 5K efforts Sam! That's awesome!

Plyo Cardio Circuit today...Bodybugg said I only burned 284 calories. Does anyone else get low results from that one? I was surprised at the number because of the puddle of sweat I'm sitting in as I type this message. :laugh:

Scale moved the wrong way this morning :mad: but there's still time before this week's official weigh in.

Have an excellent Friday Ladies!
    Sharon

Thanks Sharon! I really do like running.
    Cardio circuit for me also..burned 249 cals so I am right there with you too Sharon!. Alot of sweat and low burn. Oh, well! It was a great workout!

I am sure the scale is confused and will turned itself around very soon! heehee
  • makinitcount44
    Options

Do yall have p90x? I do, and I was thinking about starting it after we're done with this...(can you believe we're almost half way through?!?!) I got it for Christmas '09 and still haven't even attempted it. I've subed in some of the cardio workouts from time to time though..

I was wondering also what is up next?? I need a schedule and having a group to be accountable too is something I need.
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am FINALLY getting over the horrible flu or virus I had, and finally have managed to get some strength back.

I am a week behind, and I am on planning on starting my turbofire again today, since I only got a few workouts in before I got sick.

Back to it! YAY. I am excited, and hope I have enough energy to get it done today. A week of no workouts, and living off soup and apple juice has me feeling like I am starting workouts for the first time ever!

Seems like everyone else is doing great!

Glad to see that you are back! Just take it easy with the workouts and get back into it slowly :)
  • telcochik
    Options
    Morning INSURBO-iacs!!!!! Day 6 of week 2 is OVER!!! Did Fire 45 and Bodybugg said I burned 410 calories!

I do have P90X but I've only really used the cardio workouts...Kenpo karate is amazing as is Cardio X.

For my next challenge I thought I might do the TF/Chalean Extreme hybrid to start building muscle since maybe now they'd actually be noticeable! Did you guys see that BB is offering Chalean Extreme for $30 discount if you buy the program in January? I thought that was a pretty sweet deal!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. It's a 3-day one for us (YAY). :drinker:

Sharon
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Since I took it easier yesterday, I didn't do TF today.. I did plyo cardio circuit. I saw last week I burned 387 for that workout.. and so my goal today was to beat it. And boy did I.. I burned 477! Almost 100 more! But I had more energy today.. probably from my easier workout yesterday.

I'll be back on schedule Monday..

Sharon - I have ChaLean Extreme.. it's one of my favorite programs! I've done it two times through.. last time I completed it was in September. I think I'm either going to do P90X or the strength part of CLE paired with random cardio. I've been mixing in TF workouts since I got the program in October.. and after this I better put it up for a little while or I'll get bored with it. I hate how I get burned out on workouts so easily!
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    I have Chalean Extreme also so I am game for something. Off to my 10K trail run!