Processed Sugar

14567810»

Replies

• The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Because maple syrup, mollasses, etc have energy and nutrients, and are not the endproducts of large scale environmental destruction. Drive out of Miami sometime when they are burning cane. Stevia adds pleasure with no calories. Bees do not generally bleach their "products", I think you might be tilting towards sophistry. Putting honey in a bottle in no way compares with monoculture, and factory processing. :flowerforyou:

The bottling isn't the processing. The processing happens inside the bee's body using heat and enzymes.

http://animals.howstuffworks.com/insects/question300.htm

How is this different than "factory processing" using heat and enzymes?

I may have to add, many of the factory processing, whether it is for sugar or other products involve other chemicals, including bleaching agents, artificial colorants, etc. So it is definitely a different process, so to speak.
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Of course no benefits. People just love sweet stuff.
    Well, great explanation. You must be right.

No offense but so far better than no information provided by you the two times you have posted here
    The benefits of energy, glycogen replenishment, flavor, mental sanity have already been covered to this point. Other people like to make generalized statements without considering the biochemistry angle of this whole thing. Lots fear mongering going on in this thread. Case in point you thinking someone saying "serves no benefit" is actually a helpful statement.

While I agree about generalized statements without considering the biochemistry angle, I have to admit, sources of information might or may not be legit, which is another major argument in the forums. The whole endless discussions about whether my source is better or more legit than yours is, not only is ridiculous but it is stupid in many levels. For instance, I laugh at people who blindly believe the if the FDA approves a product and says there is nothing wrong with it, that's the way it is. Personally, I have 0 trust on the FDA.

Anyway, I like seeing everyone's points of views. You either learn something useful or you just ignore what you don't like.
  • kevinsmithrn
    kevinsmithrn Posts: 70 Member
    No matter their sources people on this forum seem to at least be making informed decisions about their diet choices. Well done.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    No matter their sources people on this forum seem to at least be making informed decisions about their diet choices. Well done.

I like this point. Regardless of what we decide (and endlessly argue about, much to my enjoyment at times) it can't be bad to learn everything each of us can about what we put in our mouths.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member

No offense but so far better than no information provided by you the two times you have posted here
    The benefits of energy, glycogen replenishment, flavor, mental sanity have already been covered to this point. Other people like to make generalized statements without considering the biochemistry angle of this whole thing. Lots fear mongering going on in this thread. Case in point you thinking someone saying "serves no benefit" is actually a helpful statement.

While I agree about generalized statements without considering the biochemistry angle, I have to admit, sources of information might or may not be legit, which is another major argument in the forums. The whole endless discussions about whether my source is better or more legit than yours is, not only is ridiculous but it is stupid in many levels. For instance, I laugh at people who blindly believe the if the FDA approves a product and says there is nothing wrong with it, that's the way it is. Personally, I have 0 trust on the FDA.

Anyway, I like seeing everyone's points of views. You either learn something useful or you just ignore what you don't like.

Yep, you can talk all day long about sources and biochemistry. I only believe in my body. My body tells me everything. I feel crappy after eating to much processed sugar. After a short energy rush, I fall in a deep hole. My belly is bloated. I get constipated. My colon seems to go crazy. So yes, absolutely no benefits for me personally. I still love sweet stuff :laugh: Just eat very little of it.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member

Yep, you can talk all day long about sources and biochemistry. I only believe in my body. My body tells me everything. I feel crappy after eating to much processed sugar. After a short energy rush, I fall in a deep hole. My belly is bloated. I get constipated. My colon seems to go crazy. So yes, absolutely no benefits for me personally. I still love sweet stuff :laugh: Just eat very little of it.

Are you trying to suggest that your body reacts differently to certain foods than other peoples - that's crazy talk!

If sugar is good for one then it's good for all.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member

Are you trying to suggest that your body reacts differently to certain foods than other peoples - that's crazy talk!

If sugar is good for one then it's good for all.

I am sorry, that's not crazy talk, that's just the way it is. One doctor suggested a Candida Test or try a cut out plan with all the symptoms I had after eating to much sugar. Never did the test. Instead I just cut a lot of sugar out and now I feel so much better. I am glad for you and for everyone, that sugar shows no bad effects to you. Now, I am really just talking about processed sugar like in cake, candy, sugar drinks etc. Not in veggies.