Chipotle is Giving Us Too Much Food

Options

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, did you say something. I thought you did but with no face it just sounds like mumbling. Sorry there faceless warrior.
    I think JaneiR36 is offering reading tutoring, if that helps. :tongue:

I'll do what I can but some potential students are beyond hope!
    Thankfully I'd pass.. you know what they say, those who can't.....teach.

... and those who can't teach .. teach gym.
  • mmarquard75
    mmarquard75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree that Chipolte is very generous, but I love it and don't want to stop going. So, I ask for a heaping helping of lettuce first, then I specifically tell them I want only 1 spoonfull of chicken, veggies and a 1/2 spoon of black beans. I get extra pico and a smidge of cheese if I feel daring. Top that off with a diet soda and I'm a full and happy girl. They are very kind of helping me with my portions and since I travel I have been to several locations. Try it and the best of luck.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Who are Chipotle and why haven't they given me any food?

Let alone too much.

Not one bite. That's just bad form.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    So don't eat at Chipotle. Problem solved! Amazing!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is relevant, but I hear ya on portion sizes varying! Honestly, the employees SHOULD just stick to what their company/trainers taught them to put into each meal. There are guidelines for a reason.

I work at a chinese restaurant in a mall near my house, and I am always irritated by these loud, fatass customers who yell at me to add extra of everything when I'm putting their bowls together, even though the regular portions are QUITE large already, /and/ they are not paying any extra for that extra sesame chicken, ect.

so, it's actually greedy customers that get portions doubled up past what they should be, past what you are supposed to be paying for/and logging in as calories.

loud...fatass...greedy customers...

You must make a killing in tips!

When was the last time you saw anyone tip at the type of restaurant where you scoop food into a container?
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'll never understand why a forum post intended to be helpful and informative turns into a bashing each other festival.

Anyway, thank you OP, I'll be sure to pay attention to how much is being added to my burrito if I eat there.
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'll never understand why a forum post intended to be helpful and informative turns into a bashing each other festival.

Anyway, thank you OP, I'll be sure to pay attention to how much is being added to my burrito if I eat there.

Yeah, you know, I am reeeally surprised at how quickly something like "btw Chipotle calories are probably off" turns into a mess like this. Real friendly community we have here.

tbh, I agree with the OP. Inaccurate calorie and nutrition facts are a problem, and I want to know what I'm putting in my body. It probably won't kill me, no, but that's not the point - it's an ethics in food thing, and I think that's important.

I've never been to Chipotle, but I've been considering it, so I appreciate the information. It's helpful.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If I had just strictly been on a Chipotle diet and planned on losing half a pound a week, I would actually be gaining weight. Not cool.

For my moneys, my game plan with this new information is I'm gonna watch closely each spoonful:heart: , half extra spoonful :smooched: , and double spoonful :smokin: that goes into my burrito and just use the math's to log them as "1" serving, "1.5 servings" and "2 servings" of whatever goes in thier burritos. Then if I'm like way over, I'll work out the next day, or that evening, and or cut cals do more exercise the following day to get back on track for the week.

there is like NO WAY I am quitting Chipotle. Nuh, unh!

giphy.gif

I think that was the point. Not that we should stop going, just that we should stop assuming that they necessarily exercise portion control.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just contacted Chipotle to verify how many servings of each item are supposed to go into a burrito bowl. I was shocked to find out that myself and most other people who eat at Chipotle have consumed way more calories than they are supposed to. The nutrition facts on a burrito bowl include one spoonful of any item that you add to the nutrition calculator. Unfortunately, many if not all Chipotle employees will double things like the rice, which would add an extra 180 calories. I've also noticed that they usually add an additional half spoon of the meats they offer. Next time you go to Chipotle, ask for only one spoonful of each item or you may be consuming way more calories than you planned.

Thank God they do, I love my burrito bowls
    And I love lots of chicken and rice
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I am literally reading this while eating a giant Chipotle burrito. Get at me.
  • MityMax96
    Options

And you didn't invite me?? :mad: :mad: :angry: :angry: :grumble: :grumble:
  • Mikkimeow
    Options

Hey, yours is right here. I got you guac on the side, that okay?
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    "Hey guys, I just noticed that this restaurant chain may be under-reporting their calories. In practice, you may be getting more than you expected. Perhaps this matters to those that log what they eat."

Bizarre majority of responses:
    "What's the problem? You don't like food? Give your extra to me."

Are these the same posters who jump on the bandwagon and post in all the "Why aren't I losing weight?" threads that individuals should log their food? I sincerely hope not.

We get it. You like calorically-dense food. The OP wasn't saying one shouldn't eat it. Stop jumping at shadows.

Or perhaps there's just a reverse correlation between obesity and intellect.
  • Mikkimeow
    Options
    "Hey guys, I just noticed that this restaurant chain may be under-reporting their calories. In practice, you may be getting more than you expected. Perhaps this matters to those that log what they eat."

Bizarre majority of responses:
    "What's the problem? You don't like food? Give your extra to me."

Are these the same posters who jump on the bandwagon and post in all the "Why aren't I losing weight?" threads that individuals should log their food? I sincerely hope not.

We get it. You like calorically-dense food. The OP wasn't saying one shouldn't eat it. Stop jumping at shadows.

Or perhaps there's just a reverse correlation between obesity and intellect.

So, you seem swell. :huh: :huh: :huh:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just contacted Chipotle to verify how many servings of each item are supposed to go into a burrito bowl. I was shocked to find out that myself and most other people who eat at Chipotle have consumed way more calories than they are supposed to. The nutrition facts on a burrito bowl include one spoonful of any item that you add to the nutrition calculator. Unfortunately, many if not all Chipotle employees will double things like the rice, which would add an extra 180 calories. I've also noticed that they usually add an additional half spoon of the meats they offer. Next time you go to Chipotle, ask for only one spoonful of each item or you may be consuming way more calories than you planned.

Do you weigh your food?
  • MityMax96
    Options

Hey, yours is right here. I got you guac on the side, that okay?

Yes I need my healthy fats....
    Where we meeting?
  • MityMax96
    Options

I got to taste Chipotle one time. I have my favorite local spot I frequent all the time and Chipotle I found expensive for no reason. But anyway, I tried it, got a steak bowl and it wasn't bad but not my favorite thing in the world. The messed up part was 5 minutes after I finished I got nauseous and puked. It wasn't related to the food I'm pretty sure but I can think of Chipotle without thinking about that incident. So for me, Chipotle is no more.

:sad: :sad: :sad:
    Makes me very sad to hear.....

For me, stopping by that place is like the best post workout meal ever.
    I get lots of carbs and protein....~900 - 1000 calories......
    And then put on some hot sauce to boot
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

If they give me extra spoonfuls of anything I am not complaining. Especially the meat. That said, they never give me extra scoops.
  • MityMax96
    Options

Do you weigh your food?

Yes I do

Just not when I order from Chipotle. I eat, enjoy....and feel full