Join me... 100 pounds to lose! -part 3

Options

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Yay, Barb! Congrats! Kami take care if you check in here. Back to homework.
    Keri
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Lost another pound this week! :bigsmile: As far as my water challenge, I'm doin great! Have gone out to eat twice this past week and both times I ordered water instead of soda when everyone else ordered soda....of course I had a strange thing happen today when we went out for lunch. I ordered water with my value meal from McDonald's, and the cashier goes, "Oh, you don't want soda, you want water?" And I was like "Yeah" and at the same time I was thinking, "Is there a problem with that?" Ugh! :noway:
  • KeriA
    Options
    Congrats, Barb and I am proud of you with your water drinking. I often get iced tea if I don't go with the water.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Thanks, I'm really proud of myself too! I'm doing fabulous! After I got my plates this mornng, I needed to get something to eat, tummy was feeling queasy and I had eaten a bowl of cereal (quite earlier than I normally do), so we stopped at small family restaurant and order 2 eggs, toast, and hashbrowns ($2.99) and a water :smile: Plus, I love ordering water, since its no charge makes going out cheap, not that I plan on going out a lot (working on not going as much as we use to, and are doing better that we have) But its just so nice to order water, should have been doing that a long time ago!

Weigh in on Saturday!
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    On the BMI calculator on fitnesspal, when I first started MFP, I weighed 222 and 5'3", my BMI was 39.3 and I was obese, now, I'm weighing in at 170.8, and my BMI is 30.3 (lost 9 points in 2 years), and I am in the only .3 away from the "over" category, then I'll only be 5 points away from healthy!!! I'm setting a goal! :smile:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    2011 SW: 241.8

Week 16 EW: 230.4 (-2.0 lbs)
    Week 17 EW: 228,8 (-1.6 lbs)
    Week 18 EW: 227.7 (-1.1 lbs)
    Week 19 EW: 226.0 (-1.7 lbs)
    Week 20 EW: 229.1 (+3.1lbs)
    Week 21 EW: 228.2 (-0.9lbs)
    Week 22 EW: missed
    Week 23 EW: 231.3 (+3.1lbs)

:sad: That's what I get though....I've been slacking in a big way. I also think TOM is right around the corner and I'm feeling really bloaty today.....Giving myself this weekend and then putting healthy food back in the house!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA. I haven't lost anything in the past couple weeks, but I haven't gained either and at this point that's a win! There has been a lot going on in my family and it's been very difficult to keep up. My aunt died, my grandmother and my dad are becoming extremely frail, my husband's aunt discovered she has cancer, my mother in law has been very ill and the doctors think there may be some cancer there too. On top of all that, both our daughters are pregnant (one with twins), my son lost his job, my other son discovered that he cannot graduate without going to summer school and he can't walk with his class at the ceremony. One daughter just moved, and the other has been having pregnancy problems and is on bed rest. So, life has been pretty crazy, and I'm still working 2 jobs so I've not had much time to myself.

In addition to family issues, we've had to replace our dishwasher, my husband's van has been in the shop more than it's out (leaving me without a car), and now it looks like the water heater is failing.

Because of the overwhelming amount of stuff I'm dealing with, I asked my doctor to put me back on anti-depressants. I was beginning to get so overwhelmed that I didn't want to get out of bed in the mornings, and I could feel myself going into a downward spiral. The LAST thing I want to do is self-medicate with food (which is what I've done in the past).

On the bright side, my husband and I are much better off financially since I started my new job in March, so things WILL get better.

Didn't want to unload on you all, but I wanted to tell you where I've been. Hopefully I will be able to make more time for myself soon!

:heart: you guys!
  • KeriA
    Options
    Nice to check by here and see posts from so many. Great progress Barb and Pam you will get things turned around soon. Kami sorry to hear it has been so overwelming. I hope this is where we can feel we can let each other know what is going on. That is a part of this journey. I really feel that things are tougher right now because you are on the cusp of some great progress. You have worked hard for it. Just keep at it. I feel like you are just about over the hard part. Today I hand in my take home final and I am done. I do not plan any classes and definitely so full time school. I am going to enjoy being a Mom, getting fit and looking for a job. This week has been busier than I expected and had a hard time getting my test done. My daughter's fault - end of the year activities. I am glad I can be there for her. She had an interview this week for a summer program. If she doesn't get this I am not sure what she is doing this summer. I plan to adjust my goals on here now that I can exercise more I can set my calorie goal to where I was the most successful 1.5 pounds a week.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    <~~~Maintained her current weight this week, so no loss and no gain! :smile:

sorry to hear everyone has been having a hard time with things, I'm saying a prayer for you all, hope things get better! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Was over today by a lot, but I was at a birthday party and TOM has arrived, ugh! Oh well, tomorrow is a new day! Well, its late and I should be getting to bed, talk to you all later!
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Made it out to the Y this morning, yay! And I impressed myself, usually on the tread I'll walk on 3.5mph, today I boosted it to 4mph, and jogged for 5 mins! Next time I'll try 7 mins :smile: Go me!! LoL Feeling pretty good.
  • KeriA
    Options
    Sounds like a good Monday for you Barb, I am having a pretty good one too. Went to aquafit and doing well with the eating and drinking water. Think I burn some more doing some cleaning.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Today has been a pretty good Monday. I have a cold and TOM and I'm doing pretty good. I'm hoping to make it back to the Y tomorrow morning, since a friend is taking me and the kids out to a buffet tomorrow night for dinner, need all the exercise I can get tomorrow.

Doing good on the water as well. Summer time must be the quiet time as hardly anyone writes in this group or the few others I'm in. Miss everyone!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Good for you Barb - I think we're just down to 3 or 4 of us now :( I'm on Day 1 of TOM as well and it SUCKs!!!! LOL
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if Crystal Light iced tea has caffeine in it? I refuse to count caffeinated beverages in my water intake.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Does anyone know if Crystal Light iced tea has caffeine in it? I refuse to count caffeinated beverages in my water intake.

Check this out, http://www.energyfiend.com/caffeine-content/crystal-light-iced-tea

I added a new pic to my signature (also profile pic), looks like this week will be another loss as long as things stay good :)
  • KeriA
    Options
    You can really see progress with the 3 pictures together. Kami's new picture is great too. After my walk/jog I went to the grocery store and drank a Starbuck's shaken green tea, no sugar. It didn't need it. I count 1 green or white tea in my water intake and it seems to help me lose on the weeks I have a glass. I have one coffee in the morning and don't count that. Hope we all have a great week.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Yeah, after I posed that pic, I looked and was amazed at the difference and couldn't believe how heavy I really was! I'm so glad, I've changed my ways and everything, I look so much better!

Kami's new pic looks great too!
  • KeriA
    Options
    OK I finally give up I am going to have tomorrow as my weigh in day this week because for some reason I forgot to today. I just wanted to get out to my walk/jog as soon as I got up. Of course by now I am not sure anyone still weighs in on Fridays anymore.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    I've been doing my weigh ins on Saturdays, as Saturdays to me are like the last day of the week, so I just weigh in, lol. I use to Fridays, then I would do Mondays, and finally just switched to Saturdays since the weekends, are like pig out time, lol and the weekdays I got my groove back, in a sense, so I just do Saturdays.
  • KeriA
    Options
    I haven't lost yet. I have been exercising more everyday and staying under. It seems to not come off as easy when I am exercising alot. But then it hasn't been a week. I actually weigh daily but forgot on Thursday. Just wanted to get out there and do my walking/jogging. Today I started back to Zumba after having to miss it for 2 weeks and it was challenging but I did it. I have dance exercise shoes now so I can turn without wrenching my knees :happy: .