Pet Peeves

Options

Replies

• YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    When people who are clueless try to counter your argument..I mean for gods sake go and read and educate yourself before trying to immediately disapprove what I say.

Of course when I tell that to my friends they just call me the "guy who is never ever wrong" lol
  • CarynMacD
    CarynMacD Posts: 230
    Options
    When people who are clueless try to counter your argument..I mean for gods sake go and read and educate yourself before trying to immediately disapprove what I say.

Of course when I tell that to my friends they just call me the "guy who is never ever wrong" lol

I was wrong once..... back in 1976, I think it was..........
  • assthetik
    assthetik Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

now you're wrong again! it was 1975 actually
  • CarynMacD
    Options
    Here's a big pet peeve............. hangovers :drinker:
  • Muchaneta1305
    Options
    Young women who post "I'm stalled. What am I doing wrong?" Then you click their profile and see that they weigh 112.
    I couldn't care less that they are not loosing weight.

^This
  • YF92
    Options

now you're wrong again! it was 1975 actually

Exactly!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    My step-dad's girlfriend. Urgh.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I was wrong once, one time I thought I was wrong but I wasn't.
  • CarynMacD
    Options

I was wrong once, one time I thought I was wrong but I wasn't.

Brilliant!
  • MsOGLovely
    MsOGLovely Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When people go "huh"
    and when pens run out of ink.

:indifferent:
  • Infamous_El_Guapo
    Infamous_El_Guapo Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    When people say "I could care less."

It's I COULDN'T care less, dammit...
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    gramer nasis

LMAO!!! ^^ love it.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    very loud cell phone talkers...STFU
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    We all have little things thst drive us batsh*t crazy, right. What are some things you detest?

I'm a bit of a Grammar Nazi. I was raised by an English teacher, so I tend to correct others when they aren't grammatically correct (it's a sickness. I know). One of the things that makes me want to scream is:

I could care less

COULD? Could means that there's a possibility that your level of concern is elevated above zero. Therefore, it's possible for you to care less. The correct phraseology is :

I COULDN'T care less.
    COULDN'T means that it is impossible for you to have any less concern than you have currently. Zero fks given, if you will.

Am I just a sicko, or are there other nit-pickers afoot?

i hate that too!! or when people dont know the difference between "to" and "too" or "your, you're", or when people write "shoe's" instead of "shoes". or "me either" instead of "me neither". i mean, english isnt my first language and even i know the difference!!!!

the "could care less" thing is so widely spread that ive already started to wonder if maybe im the one who gets it wrong lol.

ps: the reason im not using apostrophies is for faster typing purposes, when it matters i do use them and know where they go ;) sorry, if that riles you up, im lazy!

also: when people reply with "hehe". to me it means "what you just told me is so boring and uninteresting that i have no idea how to respond, so here is a hehe".
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Smacking. Scraping silverware on dishes. Loud breathing (OMG!!!) Dragging feet. (Ffs are you so gd lazy you can't step?!?) Call waiting.
  • YF92
    Options
    When you have some paperwork to do & you're supposed to go to one place but then they tell you to deliver it to another place & cycle is repeated... :mad:
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few but they all boil down to manners. Be respectful of other people's time, resources and energy...I am not asking for a Kumbayah love circle, but I think a little tolerance, respect and manners go a very long way.

(Tardiness, bad table manners, rude customer service, slovenliness, mouthy kids, pushy in-laws, entitlement...I could go on, but that's the upshot.)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Basically, I just hate people along with everything they say and do.

100% serious.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    When you're talking to someone face to face and they're texting on their phones. Well, I'll go and enjoy the rest of my day then!
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    People that think Darrius Rucker is Hootie