Pet Peeves

Options

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    People who don't replace the toilet paper.

When someone crushes and insect and can't be bothered to pick it up and toss it.

People yawning without covering their mouths.

In the gym there are stools near mirrors. Women constantly use these and then do not push them in under the mirror. (So I suppose this leads to people not pushing in their chairs in general?)
  • WreckaRed
    WreckaRed Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Doors slamming, people stomping when they walk.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    For some reason, it seems that most people cannot properly spell the word definitely.
    It's annoying when they misspell it as "definately" but the worst for me is when they use "defiantly" instead, since it totally changes the sentence and generally does not make any sense.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING.

Just kidding, I try not to get annoyed too often. When I do get annoyed, I usually forget why I'm annoyed before I can really, OH HEY LOOK A BUNNY!!!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Basically, I just hate people along with everything they say and do.

100% serious.

AGREED.. this annoys my husband, but I am the same way, he thinks I hate every other woman on the planet.

And my husband constantly telling me I am in a bad mood when I feel like I am doing just fine or happy.
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Basically, I just hate people along with everything they say and do.

100% serious.

Lol, you'll hate me for saying this, but I don't blame you :P
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Women who say no.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    We all have little things thst drive us batsh*t crazy, right. What are some things you detest?

I'm a bit of a Grammar Nazi. I was raised by an English teacher, so I tend to correct others when they aren't grammatically correct (it's a sickness. I know). One of the things that makes me want to scream is:

I could care less

COULD? Could means that there's a possibility that your level of concern is elevated above zero. Therefore, it's possible for you to care less. The correct phraseology is :

I COULDN'T care less.
    COULDN'T means that it is impossible for you to have any less concern than you have currently. Zero fks given, if you will.

Am I just a sicko, or are there other nit-pickers afoot?

i hate that too!! or when people dont know the difference between "to" and "too" or "your, you're", or when people write "shoe's" instead of "shoes". or "me either" instead of "me neither". i mean, english isnt my first language and even i know the difference!!!!

the "could care less" thing is so widely spread that ive already started to wonder if maybe im the one who gets it wrong lol.

ps: the reason im not using apostrophies is for faster typing purposes, when it matters i do use them and know where they go ;) sorry, if that riles you up, im lazy!

also: when people reply with "hehe". to me it means "what you just told me is so boring and uninteresting that i have no idea how to respond, so here is a hehe".

When folks complain about others writing sytles when their style is worse......hehe.

Being tardy.

Coming to work sick. If you are not feeling 100%; I should not have to pay you at 100%, let alone the chance of making others sick.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    It bothers me when people refer to a forward slash / as a back slash \
  • christullos
    Options
    People that think Darrius Rucker is Hootie

Let's go back further to people who think Jethro Tull was the lead singer in a band:grumble:
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Doors slamming, people stomping when they walk.

Off topic: My daughter slammed her bedroom door once when she was a young teenager. I removed it for a week. When she complain about her privacy, I explained that it was best she not slam the bathroom door.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I try not to be a grammar nazi, but it really bothers me when someone (typically of higher education than myself) asks me to proofread something for them, and then they get all huffy when I come back with corrections.

I'm not even trying to make sentences parallel or fix sentences ending in prepositions. I would just like some simple subject-verb agreement and correct spelling!

Anyway. Carry on.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    So many. I'm going to be an awful old lady!

Not using turn signals
    Loose vs lose
    Pronouncing it nucular. Grrrrrrrr.
    Gum smacking. (My husband is horrible at this and I make him spit the gum out if he wants to be around me!)
    People talking in text speak. Really, lol? You can't just laugh?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    People that think Darrius Rucker is Hootie

lol yes

And Deborah Harry is Blondie
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have road rage:

I really, really, REALLY hate it when I'm driving along with cruise control on (which I do almost religiously since I work over an hour from my home), and some jerk decides to pass me (I especially like the ones that pass me like they're driving the Indy 500) and then pull over in front of me and drive SLOWER than I was with cruise control on. We should be allowed to shoot those people.
  • jlp19771
    jlp19771 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have several but some of my biggest ones are:

People that cannot use proper grammar when they speak...really, do you not know how dumb this makes you look?
    People that CANNOT make a decision...is it really that hard?
    Repetitive noises...tapping, clicking, a plastic bag under a fan (especially when I'm trying to sleep)
    Smacking food...can I smack you upside the head please?
  • prettychelly
    prettychelly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Loose vs. Lose :grumble: come on this is a fitness site get it together. Their, There, They're. Sometimes people are lazy with the apostrophe I guess.

When people sneeze more than three times in a row. I try not to get annoyed but it's very irritating to me.

The one about not replacing toilet paper gets me.

When people don't respond quick enough to my texts.

People that walk slow. Or stop walking in the middle of crowded sidewalks or malls.

Strangers that tell me their life stories.

I have more I just can't think of anymore right now.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Those stupid Indian astrology spam posts " black magic love advice varashnikanwhatever" that crop up every few days no matter how often the moderators take that junk down. You'd think the poster would get the idea that such nonsense is not allowed here.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Those stupid Indian astrology spam posts " black magic love advice varashnikanwhatever" that crop up every few days no matter how often the moderators take that junk down. You'd think the poster would get the idea that such nonsense is not allowed here.

OMG, QFT. :explode:
  • miniwheatxoxo
    Options
    People who want to LOOSE weight and people who want to know how to deal with LOSE skin....

^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^ Times 100. :sad: