OOOH I SERIOUSLY NEED TO VENT!!

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I like that my husband and I are honest with each other, if I'm slacking or making excuses, he calls me on them. I do the same with him, if anything we say to each other bothers us, we talk about it. I don't run to strangers to vent. I communicate my issues with him.

Complaining that your husband takes a nap after working all day, seems like your issue not his. He worked all day what's wrong with coming home and taking a nap? So you work, most people on here do, and still find ways to work out.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I still go 3 days a week :O/. His comment just irritated me and I just logged in right when he said it so mfp land got to be my sound board.

Vent away. Pretty sure that wasn't the first time he irritated you and unfortunately - if you stay married for any length of time - not even close to the last.

If you are that hurt - talk to him. If you can let it go - move on and keep doing what you're doing. :flowerforyou:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Why does every girl on this site thinks that we're all your sassy sidekick friend who will join you and make sassy remarks towards your SO behind his back?

Edited due to potentially adding to the stereotype
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So my husband just said these words to me: " you gotta get to the gym babe. You're a slacker" .Let me break this down for everyone. I am a 3rd grade teacher. I wear my fit bit to school and log an avg. Of 3.5 miles a day. I never sit! Oh wait a minute my 20 minutes of lunch that turns into 10 wait nope gotta make copies and go to the bathroom and oh yeah here comes a kid who has to finish some work. So my 20 minute lunch has turned into scarfing my turkey burger down my throat as I pick my kids up on the playground. But yep you're right I'm a slacker. My 8 hours on my feet,not to mention my class is downstairs, is just not good enough reason to not to want to go to the gym. Did I mention he goes to work at 5:30 am and gets off at noon and comes home to take a nap? This is all the crap I would have liked to say to him. Also keep in mind that I have maintained going to the gym after school for at least 3 days a week.

:huh:
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I still go 3 days a week :O/. His comment just irritated me and I just logged in right when he said it so mfp land got to be my sound board.

Vent away. Pretty sure that wasn't the first time he irritated you and unfortunately - if you stay married for any length of time - not even close to the last.

If you are that hurt - talk to him. If you can let it go - move on and keep doing what you're doing. :flowerforyou:

This. Definitely this.

I can understand wanting a sounding board. :flowerforyou: I'd have been irritated too! Just talk to him about it once you've had a chance to breathe. And I think it's amazing that you're a teacher. Teachers don't get nearly enough credit for what they do.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You should not feel more comfortable telling a bunch of strangers you problem with your husband than you do with your husband himself.

This. I can understand taking a few minutes to calm yourself to make sure that you can speak rationally about the issue, and plan how best to present it. However, if you can't talk to your husband about this, then there's a much bigger issue at hand.

Agree with both. In my opinion it's extremely immature to be whining about your significant other on an Internet forum.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    You know what - none of us know anything about you or your husband: he could be a really kind and loving guy who was trying to support your training with a bit of humor and touched a nerve, or he could be a nasty, controlling *kitten* who uses snide remarks to make you feel small...

So all I can say is - glad you got that off your chest.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Just get a divorce, or sleep with a coworker who is attracted to you.

You're welcome.
  • rebeccaisafish
    rebeccaisafish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    He worked all day what's wrong with coming home and taking a nap?

6 hours is all day now? What are those of us that work 10 or more hours doing? Those doing 12 hour shifts are working two days at once?
    6 hours is not even close to all day.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Say what you just wrote to him.

Edit: ...or you could do what I do when the hubs gives me unwanted advice: Give him a big enthusiastic smile and say "Okay!". Then do what you want lol. Always give that same exact reaction to the unwanted advice. It trains them eventually to cut it out.
  • marquishagetaka
    Options
    I just don't get this I'm married and my spouse doesn't want me to be unhealthy anymore.
    I don't know about you are him, but when I do get the details the guy is usually unfit too, LOL.

oh well glad you vented.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I don't always complain about my spouse, but when I do, it's to all of MFP.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Are you married to Principal Strickland?

Communicate - that's what you need to do.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    He worked all day what's wrong with coming home and taking a nap?

6 hours is all day now? What are those of us that work 10 or more hours doing? Those doing 12 hour shifts are working two days at once?
    6 hours is not even close to all day.

Maybe he's a lumberjack?

And I'll guess that "10 or more hours" consists of mostly sitting on your *kitten* and bemoaning break room donuts.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    So my husband just said these words to me: " you gotta get to the gym babe. You're a slacker" .Let me break this down for everyone. I am a 3rd grade teacher. I wear my fit bit to school and log an avg. Of 3.5 miles a day. I never sit! Oh wait a minute my 20 minutes of lunch that turns into 10 wait nope gotta make copies and go to the bathroom and oh yeah here comes a kid who has to finish some work. So my 20 minute lunch has turned into scarfing my turkey burger down my throat as I pick my kids up on the playground. But yep you're right I'm a slacker. My 8 hours on my feet,not to mention my class is downstairs, is just not good enough reason to not to want to go to the gym. Did I mention he goes to work at 5:30 am and gets off at noon and comes home to take a nap? This is all the crap I would have liked to say to him. Also keep in mind that I have maintained going to the gym after school for at least 3 days a week.

I have the perfect response for you then.
    He wants you to go to the gym, he wants you to healthy and less stressed and so on, and do you know what would help with that? Well, if you hubby could pick up the kids from school, make dinner, help them with their homework, entertain them, etc while you nipped out to the gym for an hour (heck, take another hour and get a massage after), that would probably really help :wink:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better after venting... I have to agree with the others who said you really do need to talk to him, especially if it bothers you that much.

I'm sure there's more to this than the OP is saying too. My workout schedule changed from going after work to going during the day. So since I wasn't coming home in my gym clothes all sweaty and needing a shower anymore, Hubs thought that meant I wasn't working out anymore. He didn't say anything for a while but finally asked, and in probably a fairly blunt way as is his nature, and so I explained. See how easy that is?! No need to get all huffy...
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    You know what - none of us know anything about you or your husband: he could be a really kind and loving guy who was trying to support your training with a bit of humor and touched a nerve, or he could be a nasty, controlling *kitten* who uses snide remarks to make you feel small...

So all I can say is - glad you got that off your chest.

Ha, this is so true.
  • cacklingcat
    cacklingcat Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I get you OP, you're just venting a bit. Take it or leave it on all the relationship advice your going to get.here.

This /\
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    So say it to him! He's your husband, you have a legislative right to tell him to pull his head out of his *kitten* when neccesary!

THIS ^^^ ALL DAY LONG. Don't put up with that disrespect... he should be emotionally supportive, not a *kitten*.