OOOH I SERIOUSLY NEED TO VENT!!

Options

Replies

• SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You should not feel more comfortable telling a bunch of strangers you problem with your husband than you do with your husband himself.

This. I can understand taking a few minutes to calm yourself to make sure that you can speak rationally about the issue, and plan how best to present it. However, if you can't talk to your husband about this, then there's a much bigger issue at hand.

Agree with both. In my opinion it's extremely immature to be whining about your significant other on an Internet forum.

yep...married people probs...
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Tell him what you just told us.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Back in for racism....and misogyny.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    <Edited before posting cuz I decided it was easier to just say......>

I am 100% lucky and blessed to have open communication with my spouse that allows us to push each other, motivate each other and be honest with each other. I would never go to a public forum looking for the "yes, he's an A-hole!" response as validation. I think it is disrespectful to my spouse, and I wouldn't want him doing it to me.
  • NoXCuses4me
    Options
    So my husband just said these words to me: " you gotta get to the gym babe. You're a slacker" .Let me break this down for everyone. I am a 3rd grade teacher. I wear my fit bit to school and log an avg. Of 3.5 miles a day. I never sit! Oh wait a minute my 20 minutes of lunch that turns into 10 wait nope gotta make copies and go to the bathroom and oh yeah here comes a kid who has to finish some work. So my 20 minute lunch has turned into scarfing my turkey burger down my throat as I pick my kids up on the playground. But yep you're right I'm a slacker. My 8 hours on my feet,not to mention my class is downstairs, is just not good enough reason to not to want to go to the gym. Did I mention he goes to work at 5:30 am and gets off at noon and comes home to take a nap? This is all the crap I would have liked to say to him. Also keep in mind that I have maintained going to the gym after school for at least 3 days a week.

You just do what you can, friend.... and forget the piranha on here who just love to jump all over everything! It's OK to vent once in awhile!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    What's a "gym"?
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Don't tell us, tell him.
  • DeWitch
    DeWitch Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I get you OP, you're just venting a bit. Take it or leave it on all the relationship advice your going to get.here.

Best advice here - PLEASE ignore all (especially) the nasty and negative comments.

Not advice on what you should do but..
    If my husband said anything like that to me I would have told him exactly what I thought about it and him and NOT quietly;)

Hope things go better for you very soon!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I worked as a primary school teaching assistant last year and never made 3.5miles on my feet all day (including a one hour long after school club and playground duty during break times). I wouldn't consider it an active job in the slightest. I would fast walk 5 miles after I got home at 6pm.

As for the comment, use it as motivation. Don't get angry about it, that's not going to help any situation.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I would never go to a public forum looking for the "yes, he's an A-hole!" response as validation. I think it is disrespectful to my spouse, and I wouldn't want him doing it to me.

99% of the time, here at MFP I notice, it's *women* who do this.

I know men - collectively and generally speaking - misbehave online in their own special way. Like when they're married and have a slew of BFFs they text and converse with regularly. Most of the 'friends' seem to be attractive women. Not that that ever happens here. And if it does, I'm sure permission was granted. I think.

But if the venting women who throw their husbands and sex partners under the bus online were found out, I wonder how the husband/sex partner would feel about that?

Meanwhile keeping in mind half of these chicks display pics of themselves so anyone who happens to know them will also know who they're talking about.

I try really hard to never bring relationship drama to Facebook, our circle of friends, or our spiritual community.

It would make us both look bad. It's shameful. It's embarrassing to the couple/family.

It harms the reputation in the long run.

So a group of strangers is a PERFECT place to vent it out.

No one knows us on here except for like, two people, who are my girlfriends who already know the biz anyways.

And our reputation is intact, because I didn't run my mouth all over town or FB.

:smile:
  • PRMinx
    Options
    I get you OP, you're just venting a bit. Take it or leave it on all the relationship advice your going to get.here.

Best advice here - PLEASE (especially) ignore all the nasty and negative comments.

If my husband said anything like that to me I would have told him exactly what I thought about it and him and NOT quietly;)

Yes, because god forbid people want to understand the real context BEFORE eviscerating this guy on a public forum. Can you be 100% sure he meant it in a cruel and demeaning way? No, you can't. You weren't there. You don't know them.
  • nikjackson18
    Options
    Say it to him. Cheeky sod!!
    If my husband said something like that to me, he'd be single again PDQ.

I work hard all day and don't go to the gym but ride my bike instead. If my husband had called me 'a slacker' I would not be responsible for my actions!
  • PRMinx
    Options
    Say it to him. Cheeky sod!!
    If my husband said something like that to me, he'd be single again PDQ.

I work hard all day and don't go to the gym but ride my bike instead. If my husband had called me 'a slacker' I would not be responsible for my actions!

Wow. You'd get divorced over that? Sounds legit.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Wow - you get offended pretty easily. You should hear the stuff my husband and I (jokingly) say to each other. He constantly tells me that his next wife won't be such a b!tch. (<-- can I say that on MFP? I dont' even know...)
    If he were to ever call me a "slacker" I would probably smile, hand both kids over to him, and run out the door to enjoy my gym time :)
  • DeWitch
    Options

Best advice here - PLEASE (especially) ignore all the nasty and negative comments.

Yes, because god forbid people want to understand the real context BEFORE eviscerating this guy on a public forum. Can you be 100% sure he meant it in a cruel and demeaning way? No, you can't. You weren't there. You don't know them.

AND YOU are 100% sure he didn't mean "it in a cruel and demeaning way"??? You weren't there either, do YOU know them personally???.
    She was hurt and upset, I figure if it upset her that much it was NOT said in a nice or constructive way.
    I "eviscerated" no one - I just said to TELL to him how it came across!
    If she just takes negativity and nevers gets rid of it she will end up sick from it.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    .......sassy sidekick friend....

Edited due to potentially adding to the stereotype

Much better verbiage, sir....
    I"m proud of you:drinker:
  • layla_luvyah
    layla_luvyah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    :It's always good to vent, sometimes people say things without thinking (that includes husbands).
    You don't ever have to justify yourself to anyone...you work hard..you're taking care of your family and yourself. That's it!!
    Keep doing a wonderful job teaching our children of the future and taking care of yourself (because no one can do that job better than you)!:flowerforyou:
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Meh, it's not actually a big deal, OP. Chill pill...
  • DeWitch
    Options
    :It's always good to vent, sometimes people say things without thinking (that includes husbands).
    You don't ever have to justify yourself to anyone...you work hard..you're taking care of your family and yourself. That's it!!
    Keep doing a wonderful job teaching our children of the future and taking care of yourself (because no one can do that job better than you)!:flowerforyou:

They need a "like" button here like facebook has:)
  • PRMinx
    Options

AND YOU are 100% sure he didn't mean "it in a cruel and demeaning way"??? You weren't there either, do YOU know them personally???.
    She was hurt and upset, I am figure if it upset her that much it was NOT said in a nice or constructive way.
    I "eviscerated" no one - I just said to TELL to him how it came across!
    If she just takes negativity and nevers gets rid of it she will end up sick from it.

I don't know anything, I just tend to want to get both sides of the story before I jump to one conclusion or the next.