found my husband on an onlne dating site

Options

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    To the Original Poster

You said you were a bit heavy and kind of let yourself go.? Well, be honest.......just exactly what does your husband look like? Did he let himself go as well , and isn't anything to write home about?

If hes on one of those dating sites, what kind of picture did he exactly post? Him 15 years ago looking handsome, or a current photo? Most of those posted photos are fake, or dated

I just wonder if her husband could get any replies to his profile as well?

Not trying to be mean...but what does his profile photos or body have to do with any of this?
    He was on a dating website. There's around a 51%+ chance he was attempting to cheat.
    Whether or not he would get replies seems irrelevant.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    well.......if hes a dog, chances are zip for getting together , right? Its like playing the lottery, sure, you played, but seriously, do you think youre going to win?

If her husband is a good provider , good father, and shes been happy, maybe he was just playing the lottery? Again, I dont condone his actions, but if he looks like crappola, why should she worry? Hot looking women will just pass him bye.............
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Man, I'm kind of hoping my husband does something horrible in the near future so I can post it on MFP and read all the excellent advice. Keep doing the Lord's (or FSM) work, people!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    To the Original Poster

You said you were a bit heavy and kind of let yourself go.? Well, be honest.......just exactly what does your husband look like? Did he let himself go as well , and isn't anything to write home about?

If hes on one of those dating sites, what kind of picture did he exactly post? Him 15 years ago looking handsome, or a current photo? Most of those posted photos are fake, or dated

I just wonder if her husband could get any replies to his profile as well?

Her profile says she wanted to get in shape because her husband got fit and she wanted to keep up with him. So he's not fat at least.
  • AnnieS1970
    Options
    So sorry to hear you went through that Nikki. Feel free to add me if you like. I am happy to help and be supportive in any way I can while you take this journey for yourself. I too am taking the weight loss journey for different reasons. The best way for you to succeed at this is that you are really doing this for yourself. I wish you the best luck with it all. You also will want to avoid stress while your working at this, it makes it hard to succeed. You should probably evaluate what your husband was doing, and question why he was doing it. If it was because you gained weight did he not try to talk to you about it? The biggest problem with his online dating site membership is that he was trying to meet other people while married to you and begin relationships. This is a huge trust issue. Do you really want a man who did that to you? Can you honestly trust him or will you always be wondering if hes doing it again? Those kinds of things are what will make you fail. You would fail because it could lead you to emotional eating, weight gain, and depression. I guess your best bet is to figure out what you really want.
  • bb_lose_weight
    bb_lose_weight Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I caught my ex wife on a dating site and she convinced me that she was just "chatting" with the guys. We worked on our marriage and then low an behold she did it again and I found out that she wasn't really just "chatting". We have been divorced for 5 years now but should have been divorced for 8. If he took the step to go online and find dates he will do it again and believe me you may think you are checking all his "access" methods but it is very easy. My ex bought a "go phone" took the sim card our threw the phone away and would then simply swap the sim in her phone. I figured this out when I called her once being silly when I was sitting next to her and her phone didn't get the call.........cause she had the "other" sim card in the phone.

I hope it works for you I really do but if you are doing the "super" check up on him all the time you will never learn to trust again.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    well.......if hes a dog, chances are zip for getting together , right? Its like playing the lottery, sure, you played, but seriously, do you think youre going to win?

If her husband is a good provider , good father, and shes been happy, maybe he was just playing the lottery? Again, I dont condone his actions, but if he looks like crappola, why should she worry? Hot looking women will just pass him bye.............

See? This is what I mean... you just don't find stellar relationship advice like this on any old weight loss website. So as long as my husband fell out of the ugly tree I shouldn't worry about him trying to bang other women? I'm gonna go write that down... right underneath where I took notes from a previous poster about how if my husband cheats I should blame myself and try to be less ugly.
  • missiontofitness
    Options

That still doesn't negate his behavior.
    I also don't care if my future husband is a good provider/father/made me happy at one point. If he cheats, he can take his paycheck and go to the Motel 6 while I divorce him.
  • JonnyQwest
    JonnyQwest Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    What's he gonna do when he finds out you are also on a dating site (MFP)? LOL! JUST KIDDING! Although, alot of people would probably agree with that sentiment. ;-)
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I think this topic has gotten way off topic, in a direction I do not think the original posted intended, since she made a decision of what she wanted already.

To the original poster, I wish you luck, this can be a very supportive community. But I have found you only get out of it, what you put into it. I will also say try to love yourself, because I am not hearing a lot of that in your original post, and sometimes finding that helps people want to get better, want to get their butts up and push themselves. You are not doing this for anyone else, or others approval, but because that makes you feel better.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    I think this topic has gotten way off topic, in a direction I do not think the original posted intended, since she made a decision of what she wanted already.

You_Must_Be_New_Here.jpg
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

See? This is what I mean... you just don't find stellar relationship advice like this on any old weight loss website. So as long as my husband fell out of the ugly tree I shouldn't worry about him trying to bang other women? I'm gonna go write that down... right underneath where I took notes from a previous poster about how if my husband cheats I should blame myself and try to be less ugly.

geez lady......Dear Abby I am not..........Ok, I was just trying to help her out a bit.........youre right, I may not have the experience or PHD in Counselling, but hell.........I have eyes..........if hes a dog do you really, really think attractive women are going to give him their time? Geez, I was just trying to help......... :(
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    my former (deceased) husband had cheated on me also but we had no more children in the house. I was devastated however
    I was a practicing Christian & knew with God all things are possible especially forgiveness. Complete trust took several years but it eventually came & last ten years of his life as my husband were worth forgiving him.

2q367ic.gif

Pretty sure the bible is against adultery.

Yeah it's on God's Top 10 don't do list.

I'm pretty sure it also says something about slaves obeying their masters

It doesn't say anything about slaves and masters in the 10 Commandments. It does specifically say thou shall not commit adultry.

Perhaps you should read the other 613 commandments in your Bible (Old Testament) and then the 2 additional laws in the New Testament.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    in for reads later
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    that's a bummer that you blame yourself and think that now you have to go lose weight to make him happy, when he's clearly a dog. He needs to be a big boy and use his words when things are wrong, not go look for a bj online. My hubby would have been wearing the computer monitor as a necklace.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options

LOL!!
  • Pookerz
    Pookerz Posts: 10
    Options
    I feel for you. What a horrible situation. I hope things go your way.
This discussion has been closed.