The "NEVER been thin/ in-shape" Club

Options
Welcome all you boys and girls who have never been thin! This is the club for you...this morning i was thinking about how much i would love to start a club for people who have never been thin in their lives. For people who, when MFP asked you for a goal weight- you had to look in the mirror and GUESS what it should be. This is for all of those people who were over weight children, over weight adolescence, over weight in High school, graduation, College and their 20's, 30's, 40's to wherever you are now starting this journey.

i was reading this post the other day that was titled "What is your goal weight and why" - as i read all of the entries i saw a pattern. the women and men on there were posting their goal weights and their reasons why were- to get back to where i was in high school, in college, before i had kids, before i got married, before i had an accident and gained 60 lbs or whatever...then when i posted i said " my goal weight is 200lbs..." then the Why came up...all i could come up with was "thats where i GUESSED i would like to be....

idk about all of you but i know that for someone who has never once been in shape or thin or whatever you wanna call it, its very difficult to know where my goal is...where i need to be...what that number will be...because i've NEVER been there!

so thats what this club is for...a place for all of us who really dont know where we are going- because we have never been there before- but are SOOOO excited to finally for the first time in our lives meet that person, that brand new this person that we always knew was inside, but they never made an appearance until now...

so if thats you and u would like to join my club then come on in!!

please post your start weight, current weight, and your "supposed" goal weight...and we can all get there together- and who knows maybe even sooner or farther than we thought before....

i may do some goals each week and maybe even make a chart for weekly progress if you all would like...but essentially this club is just for everyone who is sooo excited to one day see for the first time what they look like without fat around their stomach.

p.s. also if you are someone who use to qualify for this club but have lost all your weight- i would love to hear your experience about how it felt to see your thin, sexy self for the first time in your life, what emotions you had and how you did it!

Thanks everybody-- Happy Weigh Losing!

Replies

• Canonoch
    Canonoch Posts: 120
    Options
    Heaviest on record for me - 459.8
    started 2010 Jan. 11 - 443.9
    Current weight - 347.0 (12-17-2010)
    Current goal weight - 260.0

In Jr High I did wrestling but was in the heavy-weight class I've always been made fun of because I wear glasses and been fat. I've never been thin and don't plan on being that twig that the "BMI" says I should be. Sign me up in the club.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I definitely belong here! I'm Diane.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Hey, first I would like to say add me if you'd like to. I was part of that club. I completly understand and know exactly where you are coming from. I'd never ever ever ever and I repeat EVER post my before pics. Honestly, I don't remember myself when I was over weight. Before I joined my weight loss journey I was pushing 230lbs. I now weigh under 145. I really don't need to lose anymore weight however if I ever reach 135 okay if I don't okay. But I've loss 75lbs and kept it off for over 2 years without any problems. I was a "big" baby I weighed 9lbs 8ounces. My mother always bragged about me being such a big baby. I was depressed the entire way thru school. When I was in 2nd grade I weighed 110lbs. I was made fun of. That's when I felt my lowest. I never knew, or understood how to deal with myself. I always pictured myself as being thin. That imaged remained in my mind. It was always in the back of my mind trying to escape. I had always felt deep within my heart that it would some day be free. That the true "skinny" girl would shed it's shell and escape and show the world who I truly am. Well, now @ 145 I still feel as thou that I am "fat" I have loose skin that I am fighting with to tighten up. Some people tell me that I am still young and it will tighten up other people have told me that then only way I will ever have a flat stomach is to have a tummy tuck done. Either way I really want to tighten up my skin which is my current goal and I don't want it to be by resorting in gettin a tummy tuck done I want to prove the world that with hard work, determination and clean eating will pay off and get me the dream body that I've been longing for. I have my slip ups with the clean eating and I've had alot of slip ups with my exercising. I haven't given up. Never give up on a dream. Always keep pushing yourself forward and remember if you can dream it you can achieve it. "An unwritten want is a wish, a dream, a never-happen. The day you put your goal in writting is the day it becomes a commitment that will change your life. Are you ready?" -Tom Hopkins. Now, you've already written it now go out and achieve it!
  • robbie300
    robbie300 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Heaviest for me- 327lbs- several years ago
    Started MFP in September 2010-300lbs
    Current weight - 260
    Goal weight - 160 ????

I remember my mom giving me ice milk for dessert when my sister was given regular ice cream before I was ever in school. My first diet was in kindergarden, I have always the fat person in any group. I try to visualize myself being thin, and I can't do it, I have no reference point. The least I've weighted since I became an adult is 215lbs-size 14/16-that was 20 years ago when I went on a starvation diet. If I can get down to 200lbs, I would be happy.
    Sign me up for the club.
  • android133
    Options
    Heaviest ever - 215 lbs
    Start Weight - 198.8
    Current - 197.8
    Goal - 13_?

This is my first week here, so hello.
    I've always been chubbier all my life as well, so I definitely belong here as well. I have no clue what I want my goal weight to be either, but something in the 130s. This is really encouraging so sign me up!
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    OMG I SO want in! I've been heavy my whole life and although I am excited to be on this journey, it also scares the hell out of me because I don't know what it's like to be thin. I've lost 48 lbs and people are saying to me "You are getting SO skinny" Me and skinny have never been in the same sentence before and at 266 I can't even begin to wrap my mind around that! I hear people treat skinny people different and I find that to be so sad! I'm single as of now and am nervous and excited about the extra attention that might come my way as well and being able to handle it.

Thanks for this club....I look forward to reading about others experiences and sharing my own! A very nice addition to my already incredible journey!
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I guess I belong here ... or I did ... or whatever. Anyway, I wanna join. Have been overweight my whole life and have no clue how I will look at my goal weight or how I will feel then.

heaviest ever - 272 lbs - a few years ago
    start goal at MFP - 242.5 lbs
    current weight - 170 lbs
    goal weight - 142.5 lbs (or so) :blushing:

Btw, my name is Sandy. Nice to meet you. :flowerforyou:
  • JaneZv
    JaneZv Posts: 200
    Options
    Me too. My weight has gone up and down over the years... more ups than downs unfortunately... and i'm only 5'1" so a little bit of extra weight makes me look like a teapot. :grumble:

Heaviest - 146.83
    Start weight - 143.3
    Current weight - 142.4
    Current goal weight - 100++
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    well i was technically skinny when i was 5...but i dont think that counts as it didnt last long lol

start weight:284
    current weight:274
    goal weight: 140
    i determined my goal weight from my sister..we are similar height and frame and she looks great a 140
    but honestly i would be thrilled to be 199.9 as long as there is a 1 infront instead of a 2
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I want in too! I have always been the "big one" in the group. I see pictures when I was 3 or 4 and that was the last time I have a picture that I can say I was thin in...that was 28 years ago. I can't wait to buy clothes that are not plus size...I'm getting there....slowly :smile:

heaviest 220
    current 192
    goal 140
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Well, I've never been at the 200 mark before, but at 5'3" it's really easy to become the chunky girl. I've really felt like I've been the pudgy girl my whole life. At my heaviest I was 180 pounds, which puts me into the obese category. If you look at my school pictures, I had periods where I was slightly overweight, but then a few months later I would be twice my size. My mother was on my case all of the time about my weight growing up. She's obese herself and she would always point out how much I ate or if I gained weight because she didn't want me to "get fat like she was." I definately can connect and understand what you're all feeling!

Shan non
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    WELCOME EVERYONE!!!!

@ Sweet princess- i know exactly what u mean because i remember those pictures where every year seemed twice as big as the year before, and even though my mom got on me- she is also over weight and has been since i was born (she blames me! haha) and my name is shannon too haha...welcome!

@ erica- yea isnt it just suck to always be the "big friend" im getting sick and tired of being bigger than everyone else...makes me lag behind...but we will change all that wont we! cant wait to be outta the plus sizes too!... Welcome!

@ sexygenius- naww 5 doesnt count hahaha...thats a great way to determine the weight...and hey maybe it is even closer than that!...Welcome!

@ Jane- LOL about the teapot comment haha...im sure once those 40 are gone u wont be a teapot anymore!... Welcome!

@ Galathea- i'd say you definitely belong here...your just a bit ahead of some of us in this journey...only 30 lbs or so left for u till you can really see yourself for the first time. great to meet u sandy...Welcome!

@ Tarapin- I know EXACTLY what u mean…it is scary to be going there for the first time! Great job at losing the 1st 48! Glad to have you here…and don’t worry just start loving that attention you’ll get use to it haha…Welcome!

@android- well happy first week…you are going to love it on here…everyone is so nice and it’s a great environment to lose weight! Well together we will find out your goal weight! And im sure you’ll make it there…Welcome!

@ Robbie- great job losing the first 40!...aww first diet in kindergarten!...guess we’ve all been there- larger forever…until now!!! Glad to have u and im sure you’ll make it to 200 no sweat (well lots of sweat lol)…Welcome!

@ Goalseeker- thank you so much for your wonderful experience…it is truly amazing to see others like ourselves who have fought the fight and WON! Im sure with your determination and drive you will find a way to get rid of that excess…we really appreciate ppl like you because you let us believe that we can fight what we have always been!...Welcome!

@ Behavior/ Diane- nice to meet you Diane, congrats on your first 43 lost…a sure-fire start to your journey! I’m sure the rest will be just as easy…great to have you here with us…Welcome!

@ Canonoch- well say goodbye to the chubby boy with glasses boy with glasses that you once knew…after this journey you can be proud and never have to deal with those issues that led to your being made fun of, thanks for sharing that experience, and im sure you’ll be able to get the rest off with the help of MFP!...Welcome!

@ D_Marie (who messaged me to get in) great to have you on this journey with all of us...we all need help and one of these day we will know what its like to be thin and in great shape...Welcome!

So welcome everyone!!!! I look forward to sharing stories and successes and the occasional failure with you all…because that’s what this is! It’s a change in lifestyle and we can all do it together!!!!

For this current week, I want everyone to really concentrate on that water intake…its so important to get in at least 8 cups…I know its my personal trouble area and im trying to fix it…so if you have that issue too then lets get out those cups and CHUG!...if not—keep doing your things!
  • hamila
    hamila Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Heaviest = 340+ (never weighed myself)
    Starting Weight = 340
    Current = 258
    Goal = 170

The best thing about loosing weight is all the people I know who keep asking about my weight loss "secret".
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    welcome Hamila friend...we're all gonna get there! great to have u on my crew!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you too sweetie! I cannot say that the 43lbs has been easy unfortunately. I wish I could say that. It has been a lot of hard work and sweat and tears. I was down to 48 last month and then my fiancee and I broke it off and I moved as of Dec 1 so it has been a rough month. And now it is the holidays and there are goodies everywhere!!!
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    this is definitely me!! i've always been the fat girl :P

starting weight: 226
    current weight: ~183
    goal weight: 130

i kind of just picked a good number within my "healthy" BMI range (140-104)... i don't know how any of the BMI numbers look on me, so we'll see what happens when i get there. 135-120 sounds good to me, though i would ideally like between 130-125 (and, for weird OCD reasons, ideally 120, because i like even numbers and 12 is even while 13 is not, hahaha)
  • wardba4
    wardba4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    heaviest weight 269
    start MFP weight 265
    Current weight 250.5
    Goal 175

Loook forward to reaching goalswith everyone
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Sooo my kind of club, i was thin up until about 8, rest of the time i've been over weight.

Heavyest was actually 196lb but got rid of 6lb prior to thinking about dieting and such

Heavyest which i started dieing 190
    Goal weight 130 at the moment, might edit that at a later date if i get down there and dont feel happy (its for pcos mainly)
    Current 143 (weighed today)

I choose my goal cause it sits on 23bmi, almost like picking it outta a hat !
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    This is the group I've been looking for. I have always been big, big-boned, sometimes called fat girl. And at 6' tall, people never think I am as heavy as I am or they lie and say, "Youre not big, You're tall"

RIGHT

I have been overweight my entire life. The least I've weighed in my adult life is 220,
    My current weight is 269 pounds

My ultimate goal...To see that first number on the scale be a 1... I would be ecstatic at 185. I lost seventy pounds once, kept it off for five years. And now I am ready to recommit to a life of healthy eating, not a diet.
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    Nice to meet you too sweetie! I cannot say that the 43lbs has been easy unfortunately. I wish I could say that. It has been a lot of hard work and sweat and tears. I was down to 48 last month and then my fiancee and I broke it off and I moved as of Dec 1 so it has been a rough month. And now it is the holidays and there are goodies everywhere!!!

im sorry to hear its been such a hard road for u...i hope that everyone n this club will b ale to support u and hopefully make the next 43 lbs easier...and just take the holiday goodies 1 day at a time...im sure u can conquer it!