The "NEVER been thin/ in-shape" Club

Options

Replies

• redruthie
    Options
    I'd like to join! This group is me me me! I've been heavy for as long as I can remember. I sat at the computer wondering what my goal weight should be. I finally came up with a number that "seemed" right, but honestly I just know that I don't want to be at the weight I am at right now. I've never been thin, so I really just guessed at a number. I just recently joined MFP, so I hope joining MFP and this group will help me.
    Current Weight = 270
    Goal Weight = 145

I've got a long way to go, but I'm hoping we'll all be in on this together

HUGS! :flowerforyou:
    Ruthie
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    SKIN AND BONES AS A CHILD!!

When I became a teenager everthing changed! Spent my high school years @ 145lbs. Unfortunately carried my weight well therefore never felt the need to lose weight.

5'3
    Heaviest weight: 190 (mid 20's) smiley-sad005.gif WHAT!!
    Lowest weight: 153 (mid 30's) emoticon-tv-026.gif Yup I was looking good!!
    Goal weight: 125 (yes, miracles can still happen)
  • tammywho327
    tammywho327 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Finally a club I fit into! I am oddly excited because I finally have people who understand :)

SW- 243.8
    CW- 231.2 (dec 2 was last time I weighed in, but I have gone down another pant size- yay me! Gotta celebrate the little victories)
    GW- 150 is honestly my goal at this point, even though according to h/w charts I should be at a 130. If I were to get under 180 I would be estatic!

Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Oh THANK YOU for starting this club :laugh: . I think I've been pretty chubby my whole life, I know I sure as hell THOUGHT I was plump back in high school but looking back I realize I really wasn't. Sure, I was bigger then my toothpick friends but by no means was I huge. Its been mostly mental for me, well until adulthood, it sure is physical now :blushing: ! I've NEVER been healthy. I never did sports (hellooo to all the theater people!), and I LOVE food. I'm just starting to discover that I can love health(ier) food too. And I can love food in smaller portions. I'm fairly certain I must have had food taken from me as a child and that is why I eat fast and furiously :laugh: .

I've been looking for a forum where people are supporting each other daily. I joined a challenge site recently but they just post once a week. I think this group is going to be really great!

My heaviest weight (also my starting weight for MFP): 231
    Lowest adult weight: 180s (in college - lost some weight the wrooong way and oh look... it came back! Shocker! :laugh: )
    Current weight: 218 (post Christmas...are the holidays over yet?!)

ps- I work 3rd shift in the US on the east coast so my posts will be pretty late at night unless you live in the west coast or overseas!
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    This is totally me, I'm in!
  • bluestocking06
    bluestocking06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This is totally me. I've been fat my entire life, though I've gone through periods of being more or less in shape depending on what my life was like at the time. At my thinnest I was just under 200 pounds, running everyday and playing a mean game of rugby. I hurt my knee not long after and gained all the weight I had lost back. I've never been anywhere near my "goal weight" in terms of BMI and honestly, I don't think I ever will. I was a size 12 at 200 pounds, I think I would be too skinny at the 128 my height puts me at. Anyways, it's nice to hear from other people who are starting at the same point in this process. I'd love more support, both to get and give, so feel free to add me as a friend and I wish you all healthy, happy, fit new years! :)
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    WOW...this makes 50 ppl...u guys are amazing...never thought this group would get this big!!!
  • pearlhoney
    Options
    Okay, this is my group. Always been as my slim sisters would say "pleasantly plump". Yeh, Right except I was miserable. I'm glad I found this sight today. I already want to say thanks to all those who I know will support me, as I will them. Highest weight. 203 ( 4 yrs ago). Current 167. Goal 145.
  • juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Woop Woop! I finaly found my club!!
    I am definately this person: The chubby one! My problem is that I have a gigantic self steem and never thought I should or wanted to loose weight. People should like me the way I am! That was my phrase. But I did try several diets, but never finished them or succeed. This time is a little diferent. I have two boys, and if I am not going to get skinnier for me I will do for them b/c I don't want them to think it is ok and healthy to be overweight or obese like I am now. And also b/c my cholesterol/triglicerides is off chart, and I don't want to have a heart attack on my late 30's and/or 40's and don't see my kids growing! I want to be there with them and help them to raise their kids!
    Current weight 195
    Goal? have no idea I am starting at 145.
    Do you guys think it is possible to loose 25 lbs by early june?
    It is very hard for me to loose weight maybe this is why I never tried too hard...
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    here's a short term goal for everyone to do lose 5% of your weight...i also found out that's the first goal that weight watchers has you as....here's mine.

cw: 177
    5 % gw: 168.15
  • diegelman
    diegelman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Heaviest: 275
    Current: 240
    Goal: 175
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    here's a short term goal for everyone to do lose 5% of your weight...i also found out that's the first goal that weight watchers has you as....here's mine.

I like that goal!! It is doable goal for me. :) Thanks!!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    First day of the new year and have 1 workout done. I will get another one in tomorrow before I check out of my motel. I did 60 minutes on the stationary bike and tomorrow it will be 60 minutes on the treadmill. I found that time went a little quicker reading a book. I just wish the seat on the bike was a little more comfy cause my tushy was hurting half way but I pushed past it.

I am really enjoying my new trainer she is showing me how to be healthy on the road and what things to eat and what to avoid

Sorry don't mean ramble but I don't have a lot of people to talk to in the truck

Hope yall had a great holiday and a healthy new year
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I just wish the seat on the bike was a little more comfy cause my tushy was hurting half way but I pushed past it.
    Maybe try a new seat, if that's a possibility (if it's your bike, lol). Unscrew the one you have, and pop on something a little wider/more padded. You'll get used to it eventually. There are probably cushions you could buy too.
  • ktmccorkell
    ktmccorkell Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I'm 40 years old and a mother of two, which keeps me very busy. I dieted last year and lost 25 pounds and was excited about it but things got boring and I stopped. Since then I have gained it all back. My mother has lots of health problems that have to do with her weight and my dad had diabeties I don't want to end up like them when I'm older. So this time is going to be different!!! I started out at 300 lbs and so far I'm at 299.6. So here we go again!!!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    NAME: KIZZY
    HEIGHT: 4'8"
    WEIGHT: 177

Exercise goals this week:

JAN 1 -Sat-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX AND WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS

JAN 2 -Sun-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEP, GEORGE WALK N BOX

JAN 3 -Mon-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, @ JMS VIDEO (FORGOT THE NAME)

JAN 4 -Tues-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, @ GEORGE WALK N BOX

JAN 5 -Wed-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS

JAN 6 -Thurs-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, JACKIE WARNER WORKOUT

JAN 7 -Fri-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, GEORGE FOREMAN WALK N BOX

Nutritional goals this week:

-NO FRENCH FRIES

-NO MUSHROOM N SWISS BURGER/SNACK WRAP

-Log all food every day.

-Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday.

-Stay between 1200 - 1500 calories everyday

-BEVERAGE OF CHOICE: ONLY WATER AND GREEN TEA

I haven't done any of these since i been out of town visiting my aunt since dec 31st...so i will be marathoning it til i get caught up to today's workouts. I also need to plug in my bodybugg when i get home and upload the info there to see how many more steps i need to walk to catch up to 15,000 steps. Like I said I want to do @ least 5000 steps a day and I'm pretty sure I haven't done all 5000 steps a day...but i do know that i've walked @ least some
  • thelima
    thelima Posts: 234
    Options
    here's a short term goal for everyone to do lose 5% of your weight.

W00t! Been there, done that!

SW: 366
    CW: 323

Percentage lost: 11%

My goal right now is to lose 100 lbs - to get me into the mid-range 200s in 2011. Also, to start a regular exercise program. So far, so good. Initial plan is to ride my recumbent bike at least 15 minutes 3 days a week. It's not a lot, but it's a start. When I bought the bike, I thought I could just hop on and go - without actually giving my body a chance to get used to it. Needless to say, I quickly stopped using it.

Now, it's slow but sure. So far, I've ridden it every day this year, once for 30 mins, twice for 15. whee!

Happy Monday!
  • Evermyre
    Options
    Hey everyone! I would love to join you all. Other than when I was really young I have always been the heavy girl. Sometimes less heavy than others. In fact if I could weigh what I weighed in high school I would be ecstatic!!

SW - 268
    CW - 263
    GW - 160

I'm not sure if that goal weight will stay what it is. I am a tall woman (5'9") and so like others have said I "carry it well" and people can tell I'm as heavy as I am. Plus this goal is about 20 pound below what I weighed even in high school. It is on the higher end of my BMI though and I am totally okay with that. I figure it I get close to it and feel good I may not go all that way down. I just want people to look at me and go "wow". I had that once in the last 5 years. I had lost 30 pounds during the summer from college ( was in two weddings that summer) and got all kinds of wows when I went back to school. Unfortunately the way that I lost it was completely unsustainable so I gained it all back and then some.

Now I am totally taking a slow and stead wins the race sort of approach. I am not getting upset if I don't stay under calories EVERY day and I'm trying to move at least a little. Hopefully I can reach my goal and feel better about myself.
  • thatgirl17
    Options
    Hi everyone! I love the idea of this group! This is ME I have always been a bigger girl and my weight has really been a rollercoaster but never too the point of being "skinny"! I guess my goal weight is 140 and I agree I am not sure why? Its just always stuck out in my head that Its where I should be. Getting as low as 120 or so just doesn't seem practical too me as far as my body, I feel as though I would just snap in half. Lol. Anyways great group, count me in!!!

SW/CW and highest weight- 243.6lbs
    Goal Weight- 140lbs
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Cool! Thanks.

Mine is: CW: 189 (great... I went up from New Year's celebrations)
    5% Goal = 9.5 pounds = 179.5 (which is ironically, the exact weight I was trying to reach by New Year's)
    Do you guys think it is possible to loose 25 lbs by early june?
    It is very hard for me to loose weight maybe this is why I never tried too hard...
    You've got 5 months, so 5 lbs/month is very doable. Even I did that once last year. I've been going really slow, but keep with it, and you'll get there. Lucky for me, I tend to stay around the same weight when I'm not trying as hard. Some people have set points, where they tend to stick around a certain weight. Mine is about every 20 lbs, so I'm confident that when I get to 175, I will probably be there for a long time, just like my 195 and 215... (although 185 has been good to me). GOOD LUCK!

PS - If I don't reach my short term goals for the summer, my long term goal is to lose at least 5 lbs/month, and still reach my goal by the end of the year. :bigsmile: